• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Sandy Hook Shooting Victims’ Families Win Legal Victory Against Alex Jones, InfoWars

Six families of victims of the Sandy Hook shooting won a legal battle against Alex Jones and InfoWars Friday after a judge ruled that the far-right conspiracy site must hand over internal marketing and financial documents as part of an ongoing lawsuit against InfoWars and its host.

The judge overseeing the case will also decide next week whether the plaintiffs’ lawyers can depose Jones, who is accused of repeatedly calling the 2012 shooting at the Newtown, Connecticut elementary school where 27 people were killed a “hoax.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/cultur...ies-legal-victory-alex-jones-infowars-778032/

What is Alex Jones doing at all these days? He seems to have been silenced.

Quite angry work day. I discover that 'some people' had a thermal analysis of a board I'm in the layout stages on, without even bothering to run it by me or check the assumptions they made. Just rude really, possibly even condescending, (and also, wrong in several areas...). Tesco's currently looking like a very good career choice.

"thermal analysis?" So they were wearing jumpers when they looked at your stuff?

It seems like half the social media platforms have decided that his content violates their terms of service and booted him.

The other half have found that keeping him violates the terms of sevice of their hosting services and done the same.

b0b.jpg

Source:
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/alex-jones-child-custody-battle

I guess that's why I have such a bad memory. It's all that chilli I'm eating.

He isn't silenced, he is still making plenty of noise but no-one is listening, because he's the very worst sort of douchebag. He's reached Senator Joe Mc Carthy levels of douchebaggery, and then someone pointed out he had no shame. It happens to every lying demagogue eventually.

People who listen to turds like Jones enjoy being spoonfed their information, I'm guessing. So when Jones doesn't appear in their feeds on social media, it's too hard to go looking and his audience response tanked. I am well pleased by this. It's hard to find a better modern example of a media blowhard who profited off of human misery and trauma.

He isn't silenced, he is still making plenty of noise but no-one is listening, because he's the very worst sort of douchebag. He's reached Senator Joe Mc Carthy levels of douchebaggery, and then someone pointed out he had no shame. It happens to every lying demagogue eventually.
Actually I suspect that he and a number of other outright-false-news pundits have been forced to move to private distribution networks of some sort and are seen by many fewer people because they are hard to get to and we just don't notice them any more. I hope his sales program disappeared.

Actually I suspect that he and a number of other outright-false-news pundits have been forced to move to private distribution networks of some sort and are seen by many fewer people because they are hard to get to and we just don't notice them any more. I hope his sales program disappeared.
Yes, he was selling some odd products, with questionable benefits.

I guess he's having a few regrets right now...

Streaming Service Roku Offers Alex Jones a Platform, Then Quickly Retreats
Last year, Mr. Jones, the Infowars conspiracy theorist, was erased from virtually every major social media platform for violating standards against hate speech, among others. This week, it came to light that Mr. Jones had a new, free channel on the streaming service Roku, which brings online video content to users’ televisions, granting Mr. Jones access to Roku’s 27 million users.

No more.

News that Infowars was available on Roku ignited a social media fury, coming months after Apple, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and others banned Infowars content
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/15/us/politics/alex-jones-infowars-roku.html

I must say, I enjoyed pottering around the house while listening to this brand-new Alex Jones Insanathon.

Joe Rogan's shows are generally fascinating and I approve of 're-platforming' Jones on principle, even though most of what he says is lunacy. He's even more scatty than usual here--completely unable to remain on a single train of thought.

Last edited:
I wonder how long it will be before he gets done for slander again?

I must say, I enjoyed pottering around the house while listening to this brand-new Alex Jones Insanathon.

Joe Rogan's shows are generally fascinating and I approve of 'replatforming' Jones on principle, even though most of what he says is lunacy. He's even more scatty than usual here--completely unable to remain on a single train of thought.

Having never followed Alex Jones I watched a goodly portion of this & must say it's changed my preconceived view of him as a bigoted redneck republican type. He's a bit more likeable than my previous assumption.

He's clearly a smart guy & has done a lot of research but talk about motormouth - he goes from one thing to another to another to the point we've forgotten what the first point was. Some of what he says is factually true, & some of that is quite outlandish, but with his scatter gun approach, by the time he's veered off on a rant you're into some pretty wacky areas in which large pinches of salt are involved. He gets VERY ANGRY ABOUT STUFF - at one point he goes on an apopleptic rant for several minutes & looks like he could have a heart attack. He looks older than his 45 years.

I like the other guy Joe Rogan who has a much more reasonable & balanced attitude. All in all an unexpectedly entertaining show.

Here is a 22 minute documentary type segment from John Oliver on Alex Jones.

Very funny - unless you believe Alex Jones's claims that Sandy Hook didn't happen and that The Democrats want to start a civil war in the USA, oh and the lizard people don't forget the lizard people they are scary too.

Having never followed Alex Jones I watched a goodly portion of this & must say it's changed my preconceived view of him as a bigoted redneck republican type. He's a bit more likeable than my previous assumption.

He's clearly a smart guy & has done a lot of research but talk about motormouth - he goes from one thing to another to another to the point we've forgotten what the first point was. Some of what he says is factually true, & some of that is quite outlandish, but with his scatter gun approach, by the time he's veered off on a rant you're into some pretty wacky areas in which large pinches of salt are involved. He gets VERY ANGRY ABOUT STUFF - at one point he goes on an apopleptic rant for several minutes & looks like he could have a heart attack. He looks older than his 45 years.

I like the other guy Joe Rogan who has a much more reasonable & balanced attitude. All in all an unexpectedly entertaining show.
Perhaps Jones finally realizes that his 'batshit' crazy conspiracy approach is too weird and he;s decided to reign himself in a bit.?

I just came here to post that podcast. I'm only in the first act, but it's very good.

I mean it's generally a great show, imo.
I've watched This American Life (listened to) for several years now and it is an interesting and well done exploration of some unique individuals and issues.

Perhaps Jones finally realizes that his 'batshit' crazy conspiracy approach is too weird and he;s decided to reign himself in a bit.?

Yes, probably. I think he was badly burned with his Sandy Hook bullshit. He claimed to be merely reporting online doubts about that rather than promoting them as something he believed himself.

I can't be arsed to watch it again but in the radio/podcast video I think he gives the impression that his father & other members of his family were something in the military whereas in the American Life podcast his father was a dentist. The Jon Ronson section in which he tracks down schoolmates of Jones & the various stories of that time are illuminating of him. He clearly seems to be a bullshitter & fabricator of his past.

Yes, probably. I think he was badly burned with his Sandy Hook bullshit. He claimed to be merely reporting online doubts about that rather than promoting them as something he believed himself.

I can't be arsed to watch it again but in the radio/podcast video I think he gives the impression that his father & other members of his family were something in the military whereas in the American Life podcast his father was a dentist. The Jon Ronson section in which he tracks down schoolmates of Jones & the various stories of that time are illuminating of him. He clearly seems to be a bullshitter & fabricator of his past.

Easily the most interesting part of that podcast (and even as a Ronson fan I felt it had an uncharacteristically sneering 'gotcha' tone), was that almost all those who reported that he was a lunatic at school--including the man he beat into unconsciousness and left with impaired heating--still think that politically he's barking up the right tree, so to speak.

Possibly controversial: outright fabrication is frowned upon everywhere, but--like in Hollywood--almost everybody in the U.S. entertainment business has a 'story' and has reinvented and repackaged their biography for media packaging and public consumption.

Jones only differs from the norm in degree, not type.

Last edited:
Back