• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Weird IHTM Tales From Reddit & Other Sites

That was my initial reaction too. I was going to say it is just an image from their CDN (content delivery network) due to the file extension being .png but I just clicked it and was redirected to a CAPTCHA. Definitely not going to fill that out.
yeah they are a bit weird like that, but i assure you its not a virus of any kind, just them being them, i find it annoying too

1537644547008.png
Here it is. It's a nice story about mining ghost towns.

From one of the Reddit threads. This is the type of story I like most:

I had a similar experience once when I was in middle school (about 8-9 years ago). I was riding my bike up a street near my house and there is a very large structure (like a water tower but thick and round from the ground up) off to my right. As im riding my bike i look over near this structure and i see a plane off in the distance behind it. The plane just wasnt moving, at all. I know when you see planes in the sky they seem very slow, but i mean this thing was frozen. And I went forward and backwards looking at this plane from each side of this tower and its still just frozen. After like 5 minutes i just continued up the road, Not really a creepy thing just plain weird.

From one of the Reddit threads. This is the type of story I like most:

I had a similar experience once when I was in middle school (about 8-9 years ago). I was riding my bike up a street near my house and there is a very large structure (like a water tower but thick and round from the ground up) off to my right. As im riding my bike i look over near this structure and i see a plane off in the distance behind it. The plane just wasnt moving, at all. I know when you see planes in the sky they seem very slow, but i mean this thing was frozen. And I went forward and backwards looking at this plane from each side of this tower and its still just frozen. After like 5 minutes i just continued up the road, Not really a creepy thing just plain weird.
There is a thread for this (can't remember what it's called).

Found this story in the comment section of a YouTube video. :cool2:

I am a guy that does not remember my dreams too much. I can feel it slipping away in about 10 minutes.

Having said that, I had a horrible experience once.

My Wife and myself were in a motel in OK. We had been married for 12 years, and it just seems we were made for each other. Very seldom fight, like the same stuff, ETC.

That night I had one of the worst dreams I ever had. I remember it vividly to this day, 14 years later.

In my dream, I woke and my Wife was gone. Her suitcase, her rings, watch, all her clothes, all were gone. I thought she may have went to the lobby to get the free breakfast.

I went to the lobby, and the lady that had checked us in asked if she could help me. I told her I was looking for my Wife, she may be getting the breakfast. She asked what she looks like, and I told her she was the lady that was with me when I checked in. The lady told me there was no one with me when I checked in. I told her of course there was, and described the conversation they had as we were checking in. She looked at me like I had completely gone off the deep end, and told me she could pull up the video of me checking in alone. She did and I was alone.

I checked the receipt and where my Wife had paid for the room with her card, it was in my name.

Panicked, I called the police and they investigated, and said they would take me to the hospital if I was going to keep this up. There was positive proof that I was alone. Receipts, video, and witnesses all said I checked in alone. In my truck, her mirror was gone, all of her stuff in the truck was gone, it was like she had been wiped off the face of the Earth.

3 days later, in a horrible place mentally, I drove back to Denver alone. When I pulled in the drive, my brother in law was out side, and I ran over to his house, and told him she was missing. He asked what the hell I was talking about? I said your sister was missing, and he said he never had a sister, what the hell was wrong with me?

I went over to her mother's place. We all lived next to each other, and since she was old, I didn't want to panic her. I just started talking to her and thanked her for caring for my dogs. She said since I was so nice to her all the time, she didn't mind at all. I casually asked her if she ever had a daughter, and she said no, her and her husband never had. Her only child was her son, my neighbor.

I went in the house, and the dogs met me as usual, jumping all over me. Nothing of my Wife could be found. Everything she had, did in the house her pictures, all were gone. She had just never been born. Everything was the same, except my Wife had never been in the World.

In the dream I lived over 10 years. I had the same skills, I had the same job, everything was the same except my beloved Wife. I cried myself to sleep many times. I carried on, but my mind was always searching for her. I'd look for her in crowds, in the stores, everywhere.

You can imagine how I felt when I woke up, and she was sleeping beside me. I lost it for about 2 hours. It still effects me to this day. I lived 10 years in that dream, and I had 10 years of life, experience, ETC. It still brings tears. How can someone remember a dream so clear, vivid, so real like this? Did I slip into another time line? How did I get back? I don't know. All I know is I'm 10 years older then I really am.

Almost makes me sick to remember it like this.

Thank you for your time reading this.

Last night I was dozing on t'sofa after a big day and had a micro-dream. In the dream I went upstairs to bed, brushed teeth etc as normal BUT on entering my bedroom noticed that my bed had been completely stripped. Just the mattress. I did the Scooby Doo double take, as you would.

This is about how jealous Techy is of my skull-themed duvet. I taunt him constantly.

There's some great stories there. The one about the man with the feral cat that ignored him for years, then suddenly took to him randomly just as his wife's cancer got more aggressive, reminded me of one I'd forgotten.

Years ago when my kids were young we had two dogs - a staffie and a mini english bull terrier. The dogs were the same age as eachother, although we got em two years apart. The staffie was exceptionally bonded with Son 2. The bull terrier, with Son 3. Every night, for years, staffie sat on the knee of or with his head in the lap of Son 2. Ditto bull terrier with Son 3. Then, suddenly one night, inexplicably, the little bull terrier wanted to sit with Son 2. even though 3 was there. A couple of days later, the staffie was diagnosed by the vet with a brain tumour - sudden onset, and we'd had no sign until the day before we took him to the vet. It was like the bull terrier knew the staffie was going, and had to comfort and be with 'his' human, not her usual human.

Staffie was put to sleep really soon after, only a matter of days from when our other dog had randomly chosen to sit on/with Son 2. Son 2 was inconsolable when the staffie died. The bull terrier would never again go in the part of the garden where he was buried and I never once saw her on or close to, the grave (we planted an apple tree over him the day we buried him). She lived another 8 years on her own - we didn't bother replacing him, as we knew she wouldn't have liked us having another dog.

From the day he died onwards, the little bull terrier would share her affections equally between Sons 2 and 3.

This is a nice one from the reddit. Even if it is an invention.

Not me but my grandfather.
my grandfather had been in ww2 and told us about when himself and a few other soldiers had been separated from his unit and we’re trying to get to Normandy, they had gone through a clearing in a wooded area but had to drop when they heard something approaching. They were on their bellies in low grass when they saw 20 or 30 German soldiers running across the clearing clearly in a state of panic, then they just froze in mid step. He said they resembled statues and that some weren’t even touching the ground, and that there was no noise whatsoever, even the birds had gone silent. After a few seconds came a loud noise like metal scraping on concrete and the frozen soldiers started to become blurry to the point at which they vanished without a trace. This had been reported by all of the soldiers that were present and all were called to the war office London after their return to the UK where they were pressed on what they saw over the period of a few days, and we’re taken back to the same spot in France shortly after the war had ended. Surprisingly when they got their, there were other men sharing the same accommodation who reported similar occurrences in the exact same area. They were all taken to the woods and had to describe where and how the events took place. My grandad had said that the entire area was guarded heavily and that part of the ground was heavily excavated. The strangest thing of all the other he said, was that there were hundreds of dogs in the area, just milling around for no apparent reason. They returned to the UK with a gag order ordering them never to speak about any of this. He went back to the same spot in france before he died in 1985 and said that the area had been covered with unmarked warehouses and was guarded by an unusually professional security company. He reckoned they were military. I’ve tried to find out more about this but can’t find any records of it, but I do remember one of the guys who he was with the day, he used to come and visit sometimes and referred to the place as "the splintered woods"

And this one from the same reddit thread.

I am a TA in our college's Anatomy class, which takes place in the cadaver lab (dead bodies).
Late one night, I am working alone in the cadaver lab and I start to hear a noise. It's hard to tell what the noise sounds like, but it's a consistent muffled noise. So I kind of walk around the room and locate it. Now normally the bodies are all kept in these big metal crates, but at the time we had one more body than we did crate, so one body was in a plastic body bag and that's where the noise was coming from.
So I am terrified at this point, all alone in the lab, looking down at this plastic body bag that I can see the outline of the body that presumably is coming back to life because it is definitely making noise. I stood over this body for a solid minute, debating whether I should open the bag, and finally the noise just stops. I got all my stuff together and bolted from the lab.
A couple weeks later, the professor tells me to be careful if I ever work on that body because there is a live pace maker in it so don't cut into that, and it will vibrate and ring every few hours if its low on battery. I let out the biggest sigh of relief that we werent haunted.

Found this story in the comment section of a YouTube video. :cool2:

I am a guy that does not remember my dreams too much. I can feel it slipping away in about 10 minutes.

Having said that, I had a horrible experience once.

My Wife and myself were in a motel in OK. We had been married for 12 years, and it just seems we were made for each other. Very seldom fight, like the same stuff, ETC.

That night I had one of the worst dreams I ever had. I remember it vividly to this day, 14 years later.

In my dream, I woke and my Wife was gone. Her suitcase, her rings, watch, all her clothes, all were gone. I thought she may have went to the lobby to get the free breakfast.

I went to the lobby, and the lady that had checked us in asked if she could help me. I told her I was looking for my Wife, she may be getting the breakfast. She asked what she looks like, and I told her she was the lady that was with me when I checked in. The lady told me there was no one with me when I checked in. I told her of course there was, and described the conversation they had as we were checking in. She looked at me like I had completely gone off the deep end, and told me she could pull up the video of me checking in alone. She did and I was alone.

I checked the receipt and where my Wife had paid for the room with her card, it was in my name.

Panicked, I called the police and they investigated, and said they would take me to the hospital if I was going to keep this up. There was positive proof that I was alone. Receipts, video, and witnesses all said I checked in alone. In my truck, her mirror was gone, all of her stuff in the truck was gone, it was like she had been wiped off the face of the Earth.

3 days later, in a horrible place mentally, I drove back to Denver alone. When I pulled in the drive, my brother in law was out side, and I ran over to his house, and told him she was missing. He asked what the hell I was talking about? I said your sister was missing, and he said he never had a sister, what the hell was wrong with me?

I went over to her mother's place. We all lived next to each other, and since she was old, I didn't want to panic her. I just started talking to her and thanked her for caring for my dogs. She said since I was so nice to her all the time, she didn't mind at all. I casually asked her if she ever had a daughter, and she said no, her and her husband never had. Her only child was her son, my neighbor.

I went in the house, and the dogs met me as usual, jumping all over me. Nothing of my Wife could be found. Everything she had, did in the house her pictures, all were gone. She had just never been born. Everything was the same, except my Wife had never been in the World.

In the dream I lived over 10 years. I had the same skills, I had the same job, everything was the same except my beloved Wife. I cried myself to sleep many times. I carried on, but my mind was always searching for her. I'd look for her in crowds, in the stores, everywhere.

You can imagine how I felt when I woke up, and she was sleeping beside me. I lost it for about 2 hours. It still effects me to this day. I lived 10 years in that dream, and I had 10 years of life, experience, ETC. It still brings tears. How can someone remember a dream so clear, vivid, so real like this? Did I slip into another time line? How did I get back? I don't know. All I know is I'm 10 years older then I really am.

Almost makes me sick to remember it like this.

Thank you for your time reading this.
Great story! Can I ask what your new relationship to your brother in law and mother law is in the dream? Did they recognise you? and if so, what was your relationship to them?

Chilling yes, quite a story, intrigued to see what transpires.

I must say I find it hard to believe as well. That doesn't mean it isn't true, Be interesting to see if there is any further follow up.

Reddit stories aren't supposed to be believed. They're yarns. Now and then you read you can check up on if it mentions a newsworthy murder or whatever but you wouldn't generally take them at face value.

Reddit stories aren't supposed to be believed. They're yarns. Now and then you read you can check up on if it mentions a newsworthy murder or whatever but you wouldn't generally take them at face value.

Yes and no.

At this stage I can't say anything about the veracity of that story, but I've followed a few where verification was forthcoming and also those that have eventually made the mainstream media.

Not ruling this one out.

For one thing, if it is fiction, it's well done, because it's simultaneously both shocking but not excessively shocking--that's what keeps it credible.

I’m trying to comprehend why someone would dispose of human remains in a barn 50’ from an occupied house and then hang around nights in range of the security cameras. It doesn’t make any sense from a criminal enterprise perspective.

Haven't seen that as I'm at work but mention of it reminds me of a news story about a fence made of old doors along a cliff edge in a city. Someone managed to open one, possibly when drunk, and fell through to their death.

Or was it a short story about a man who keeps seeing a strange door appearing but is always too afraid to go through it, who eventually takes a chance and opens it, only to fall off a cliff to his death...

I dunno.

There IS a story about a man who opens a door that appears and disappears unpredictably, and so falls to his death. It's by H. G. Wells and is called [drum roll please] "The Door in the Wall."

Back