• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Subscription Problems

The subscription site is absolutely dreadful. I've been trying to set up a subscription for my sister's birthday - the six month offer on the subscription site seems perfect. Only, when you try and order it you can only order a 12 month subscription. Having contacted the customer services email, with largely the same response as above they finally said 'it's all super-soretd now - go ahead and buy away to your heart's content'. Off I toddled, only to find exactly the same issue as before - no 6 month option to buy, no matter which browser I use.

Oh yes, I should also mention that my sister's birthday was in July ...

Any other UK subscribers still waiting on their issue of 359? Cos I bloody am!

In RoI but 359 only arrived on Thursday.

Thanks... I'll hold on and hope. I'm not sure what the point of subscribing is, when it seems you get penalised for paying upfront for a year, by having to wait for 3 weeks after it arrives in the newsagents...

I am still waiting for my issue of 358 to arrive!

Ive had 359 for a while, what the heck has happened to your twos 358

I was just thinking that, amazing, bit of telleypathy there

I'm used to this company sending out letters trying to get you to renew your subscription several months early. That's bad enough. But I got a letter today telling me that there was only one issue remaining in my subscription. That seemed reasonable. So I logged on to renew, and discovered that my subscription actually runs until August.

Sort it out. I'm beginning to think I'd rather forget about the discount and look for FT, and Viz, in the shops each month.

Odd thing we've noticed about our sub. It was originally taken out in June (so first issue July), and renewed yearly (so it should be July to June, July to June). Somehow it's "slipped" one issue and the sub site says the expiry issue is May-18. Trying to figure that out.

There are thirteen issues a year - is an annual sub or a 12-issue sub?

Has any one else been having problems with their FT subscription in the past few months?
I've had 3 issues go missing since October 2017 - this has only happened once before in over 30 years.
There's been no problem with other magazine subscriptions or regular mail delivery.

Has any one else been having problems with their FT subscription in the past few months?
I've had 3 issues go missing since October 2017 - this has only happened once before in over 30 years.
There's been no problem with other magazine subscriptions or regular mail delivery.

I had problems last year until they switched to their new distributor, since then it's been fine. I did have to phone them up about missing issues, I'd recommend that.

I had problems last year until they switched to their new distributor, since then it's been fine. I did have to phone them up about missing issues, I'd recommend that.

I've always had the missing issues replaced once I contacted - just wondering if there's a Royal Mail worker somewhere nicking my copy or whether it's a problem with the distributors.

Received #365 (Baphomet) in today's post. On the same day FT tweeted "Hopefully, subscribers will be receiving their copies of FT366 about now".

Hrrm.

There's a few sites that offer a digital version (a service not offered directly from the FT, it seems). Anyone had any experience with them? Are they legit?

I got 366 today, I honestly dont know why people are having problems, what are FT doing with the magazines?

Lucky you. I am now up to 362 after ringing the newsagent and asking when my next copy was coming and getting 361 and 2 within a couple of days.
I paid them for a year about last October but beginning to get tired of having to keep ringing. No problem with weekly magazines.

Lucky you. I am now up to 362 after ringing the newsagent and asking when my next copy was coming and getting 361 and 2 within a couple of days.
I paid them for a year about last October but beginning to get tired of having to keep ringing. No problem with weekly magazines.
Try one of the online subscription retailers. I used one here in the UK for a while and I never had a late or missed delivery.

#366 was delivered to my house a couple of days ago so I'm also lucky and have no complaints although I wish they still did free mugs, post it note pens and T Shirts etc for subscribers. Is there any chance that will happen again?

A couple of years ago I did try one of the online retailers for another magazine I get but it was always late or didn't come so I switched to this group, but they changed hands last year.
I think maybe because Fortean Times doesn't come every week they have problems.

Wife got me a years subscription from Dennis as Christmas pressie, chased up issue 375 with them only to be told Christmas offer starts with February edition, smart ass guy on phone said its available in the shops, with that attitude perhaps I should stick to the shops.

Wife got me a years subscription from Dennis as Christmas pressie, chased up issue 375 with them only to be told Christmas offer starts with February edition, smart ass guy on phone said its available in the shops, with that attitude perhaps I should stick to the shops.

I gave up my Subscription a few years ago and only buy from the shops now and then. The way Dennis cut us loose I don't see the need to talk about the company now.

Back