• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Who Ya Gonna Call? Ghost Hunters & Hunting

Anyone who'd like me to send them a message after I die, just let me know and I promise to do my best.
Not joking here, though of course I'm in no hurry to prove anything.

(I've seen this done. Nobody but the people directly involved would believe it and it doesn't matter to them whether anyone else does. It#s awesome.)

Anyone who'd like me to send them a message after I die, just let me know and I promise to do my best.
Not joking here, though of course I'm in no hurry to prove anything.

(I've seen this done. Nobody but the people directly involved would believe it and it doesn't matter to them whether anyone else does. It#s awesome.)
Myself and my best friend have agreed that whoever kops it first will try to get in teach with the other person if it's at all possible.

At salsibury house with the ghost club tonight.
FB_IMG_1548534166360.jpg

I used to date a girl in Cromer who's a 'scratcher' but that's more for the weird sex thread.

We were out today and saw a map which featured Cromer. Quite isolated, isn't it?

I pointed it out to Techy - 'That's where Swifty lives!
He nodded sagely.

It was an excellent night, my group was joined by the area co-ordinator so had to behave ourselves and not make fun of the other groups.
I was sitting on my own when I heard a loud Thump from the kitchen area to my left, sadly nobody else heard it so I must assume it was my imagination, unless my voice recorder managed to pick it up.
The picture is where the noise seemed to come from.
FB_IMG_1548617104877.jpg

It was an excellent night, my group was joined by the area co-ordinator so had to behave ourselves and not make fun of the other groups.
I was sitting on my own when I heard a loud Thump from the kitchen area to my left, sadly nobody else heard it so I must assume it was my imagination, unless my voice recorder managed to pick it up.
The picture is where the noise seemed to come from.
View attachment 14483

Oooh. A picture where a noise may have come from.

Oooh. A picture where a noise may have come from.
i was merely giving a short report as to what happened, as i always do, if you are incapable of saying anything vaguely interesting or intelligent kindly put me on ignore.

Last edited:
i was merely giving a short report as to what happened, as i always do, if you are incapably of saying anything vaguely interesting or intelligent kindly put me on ignore.

But it’s not evidence of anything apart from the existence of some kitchen units.
As for my intelligence, I’m not the one posting a picture of a sound that might have happened.

But it’s not evidence of anything apart from the existence of some kitchen units.
As for my intelligence, I’m not the one posting a picture of a sound that might have happened.

I have to agree. Most ghost investigations these days are anomaly hunts. Anything even mildly out of place is attributed to ghosts. The evidence is no better but the hype is extraordinary.

I have to agree. Most ghost investigations these days are anomaly hunts. Anything even mildly out of place is attributed to ghosts. The evidence is no better but the hype is extraordinary.

I wouldn't take them that seriously, they're supposed to be a fun night out, I think, like a two hour ride on the ghost train at the carnival.

Titch:

Did you preserve the voice recording, and did it capture the thump?

Is that a butler's sink AND a double unit modern sink? That's an anomaly, right there! Who needs that many sinks in one kitchen?

Did a paranormal investigation of Beechworth Lunatic Asylum in Beechworth, Victoria, Australia last night. It's a lovely place in a sinister kind of way, old and with a sad history. Inside it's numerous buildings is like a maze with rooms everywhere over numerous floors. We used the usual emf detectors, ovilus machines, parascpoes, spirit boxes etc. We had quite good success in getting results to our questions, however my photos showed no results of note. We did some EVP sessions but I've yet to examine the files. My wife and I are away until February 7 so all of my post here until then are via my mobile phone. I'll share some pics upon my return but in the meantime, here's one of the outside of the main building.
1548674953922253.jpg

Attachments

• 1548674953922253.jpg
    1548674953922253.jpg
    457.3 KB · Views: 9
I wouldn't take them that seriously, they're supposed to be a fun night out, I think, like a two hour ride on the ghost train at the carnival.
Commercial ghost hunts certainly, But the ghost club investigations while fun, there would be no point in doing them otherwise, are taken more seriously, after I heard the thump I was told to knock on all the surfaces in order to try to replicate the noise, then a man said it may have been him moving a table, so I had to go back up to the attic and listen for the table being moved. (I couldn't hear it at all)

Do you realize there are thousands of groups made up of individuals that take this very seriously? They spend quite a pretty sum buying equipment, traveling, and gaining access to "prime" sites. It's now part of their identity, how they define themselves - as "paranormal investigators" (which are different than "ghost hunters". There is some research on this including my own. Here are just the books that have documented the trend that begins in earnest around 2000:

Hill, S. (2017). Scientifical Americans: The Culture of Amateur Paranormal Investigation.
Hanks, M. (2016). Haunted heritage: the cultural politics of ghost tourism, populism, and the past.
Hill, A. (2010). Paranormal Media: Audiences, Spirits and Magic in Popular Culture.

Topic title: Who Ya Gonna Call? Ghost Hunters & Hunting.

Well we could try a little self-help first to get rid of ghosts, for example I read an account by one guy who kept waking up in the night sensing a "dark presence" and started reciting the Lord's Prayer- "Our father in heaven..." and the sense of oppression vamoosed.
PS- I watch paranormal shows on TV and quite a few times the ghosts/spirits in various places say something like "Help me", so perhaps they want us to pray that they find rest?

Last edited:
TV shows are not the best guide to anything paranormal, anything they provide as evidence should be ignored, and even if it is a paranormal voice saying "help me" help it what? Could be help it avoid a dodgy scouse medium and shrieking blonde bimbo

Last edited:
Back