• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Ha! .. the first time I ever saw a CLUB magazine was in a kid on our road's Dad's shed .. you speak the truth Sollywos. Phwoaar .. I could see everything!.

Mmmmm reminds me of the time when my son aged 8 had discovered me crying about something and told me not to worry as he'd got something that would make me feel really happy and off he went to his room. Came back with a picture obviously torn from one of 'those' mags! Apparently he and his friend had raided his friends older brother's den and finding the mags had ripped out a few pages for themselves.

Old enough for the picture to make him feel happy but not old enough to fully understand WHY and that therefore IT WASN'T GOING TO MAKE HIS MOTHER HAPPY!!!!

Tricky as I didn't want to reject his well meant gift. Can't remember exactly how I dealt with it but I seem to remember that I focused on the immorality of stealing other peoples stuff! lol

Sollywos x

Mmmmm reminds me of the time when my son aged 8 had discovered me crying about something and told me not to worry as he'd got something that would make me feel really happy and off he went to his room. Came back with a picture obviously torn from one of 'those' mags! Apparently he and his friend had raided his friends older brother's den and finding the mags had ripped out a few pages for themselves.

Old enough for the picture to make him feel happy but not old enough to fully understand WHY and that therefore IT WASN'T GOING TO MAKE HIS MOTHER HAPPY!!!!

Tricky as I didn't want to reject his well meant gift. Can't remember exactly how I dealt with it but I seem to remember that I focused on the immorality of stealing other peoples stuff! lol

Sollywos x
:rollingw:

I could have used one on a few occasions in the past. I'll pay more attention next time I'm in the shed.
Make sure you've got a chainsaw and a boomstick .. and a delta '88.

Sollywos x

My brother's little stepson once bought home a school sex education to show to Bro because it had boobs in and Stepdad LOVES boobs!

Curiously, Sis in law thought this was hilarious. I'd've been thinking, I dunno, maybe tone down the appreciation a little.

One of the ways I pass the time as a car passenger or on a train going through new locations is to mentally take a note of good places to hide a body just in case . Yet from the Papers it seems that practically every concealed corpse is discovered within 36 hours by a Walker out with his Jack Russell. So maybe I should concentrate on the undergrowth near busy dual carriageways.
In July 2015 Police failed to respond to a report of a motorway (M9) crash near Stirling. Lamara Bell lay undiscovered while seriously injured next to her dead boyfriend in their car for three days - she died in hospital four days later. (Location of crash below).
But I'm sure there was another crash more local to me (cannot find it yet) where the Police went looking for a reported car in a hedge/gulley. They saw a car on its roof but it was pretty inaccessible so they didn't check inside until a few days later when the tow truck was available. Two occupants, both dead, no idea how long they had been dead.

View attachment 14368
Damn nosy Jack Russells.

The first case you mentioned is probably the one I was thinking of. The second one I had not heard of, but surely somewhat negligent on the part of the Authorities as well.

You don't know my brother and his creepy wife. Ewww.
I'll take your word for it on them .. boobs are very nice though even in a non sexual way? .. nothing wrong with boobs also being sexy sometimes though IMO ..

My Nan's past behaviour might creep you out as well, my Mum used to drop me off at hers when I was about 6 or roundabout that age .. my Nan used to read The Sun newspaper and back then they still had page 3 girls so one day she told me, with minimum drama, that I could look at them because she'd folded them all to page 3 so I did. To be honest, I was only 6 so I was more fascinated in what women's boobs looked like than turned on in anyway, I certainly don't look back at that day as anything inappropriate or creepy, my family didn't raise me to objectify women but they also didn't have any hang ups about me seeing what naked people looked like, they just didn't encourage or discourage me which I think is the healthiest way to raise any kid. It was very much boys have willys, girls don't, big girls have boobies but what time's The Muppet Show on? in our household.

Damn nosy Jack Russells.

The first case you mentioned is probably the one I was thinking of. The second one I had not heard of, but surely somewhat negligent on the part of the Authorities as well.

I've got a Patterdale (like big Jack Russells, with extra neuroses) and we walk wild countryside all the time. She quite often appears with a bit of old bone that she'll either bury in the field or gnaw on for the duration of our walk and then let me chuck into a hedge.

I've been happily assuming that these are rabbit bones/deer bones/bits of old sheep - but I am now reconsidering...

I've got a Patterdale (like big Jack Russells, with extra neuroses) and we walk wild countryside all the time. She quite often appears with a bit of old bone that she'll either bury in the field or gnaw on for the duration of our walk and then let me chuck into a hedge.

I've been happily assuming that these are rabbit bones/deer bones/bits of old sheep - but I am now reconsidering...

EigerSkull-3.jpg

In the 80's we read a story in the local newspaper about a woman who lived in one of the roughest neighborhoods in town, who thought her doberman was playing with a bowling ball which turned out to be a human head. We've cautioned our dogs pretty strictly after that.

I can categorically confirm, beyond any doubt, that on Sunday September 19th 1976, "The Muppet Show" was broadcast on ITV at 5.05pm, immediately after "Celebrity Squares".

This experience of mine was "minor strangeness" so for what it's worth I might as well mention it. I've posted it in other forums too under different screennames-
About 25 years ago I was doing a night bicycle ride from the Lincolnshire coast to my home in Leicester, and as I cycled past the Cranwell RAF base at about 2 in the morning on a warm summers night, the street lights on the left went out one by one as I passed them, then came back on when I got further down the road!
In fact I stopped the bike and looked around thinking somebody was pranking me or something but couldn't see a soul, and there was no traffic around. I continued on my way scratching my head, occasionally looking back to see if the lights had gone out again but no, they were all shining merrily away quite normally.
Below is a current google pic of the scene, I was pedalling straight down this road, three of the rogue lights are visible on the left, and there are more at intervals down the road for about another half mile-

cranwell-lights.jpg

This experience of mine was "minor strangeness" so for what it's worth I might as well mention it. I've posted it in other forums too under different screennames-
About 25 years ago I was doing a night bicycle ride from the Lincolnshire coast to my home in Leicester, and as I cycled past the Cranwell RAF base at about 2 in the morning on a warm summers night, the street lights on the left went out one by one as I passed them, then came back on when I got further down the road!
In fact I stopped the bike and looked around thinking somebody was pranking me or something but couldn't see a soul, and there was no traffic around. I continued on my way scratching my head, occasionally looking back to see if the lights had gone out again but no, they were all shining merrily away quite normally.
Below is a current google pic of the scene, I was pedalling straight down this road, three of the rogue lights are visible on the left, and there are more at intervals down the road for about another half mile-

Oooh, SLiDEr! (Or however you write it.)

Oooh, SLiDEr! (Or however you write it.)

Yeah, hundreds of pilots who trained at Cranwell were killed in WW2, so perhaps their residual "collective spiritual energy" is sloshing around the place triggering electro-magnetic anomalies or whatever?
PS- as a matter of interest pilot Ray Hinchliffe and passenger Elsie MacKay took off from Cranwell on a transatlantic attempt in 1928 and were never seen again-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elsie_Mackay

Last night I decided to take a long relaxing bath. I also decided to use a fancy pear-shaped soap I'd been given for Christmas. I placed the soap on the edge of the running bath while I brushed my teeth only to find that it had disappeared when I turned back around a couple of minutes later.

This was a large soap, orange and gold in colour, so it should have stood out in my small black and white bathroom, but it was nowhere to be seen. I checked every inch of that bathroom even looking in cupboards and the clothes hamper all of which had been shut anyway. No idea where it went. Not the most exciting incident, but nothing much fortean ever happens to me so I'll take what I can get.

I also decided to use a fancy pear-shaped soap I'd been given for Christmas. I placed the soap on the edge of the running bath ...
have you confirmed that after making the decision, you did act upon it, rather than just decide and visualise ...

Usually straightforward for me, the wrapping is on the bath edge and the new soap is in the bin.

Did you have pockets ?

Usually straightforward for me, the wrapping is on the bath edge and the new soap is in the bin.

Did you have pockets ?

No wrapping as it just came in a big gift box with other bath stuff. It's not in there and it's not in the bin. I did have pockets, but they were very shallow and this was a big soap about the size of an actual pear, so wouldn't have really fit. I'm sure it'll turn up I just don't know how or where.

Back