• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

That used to happen in the last bar I worked in, I've watched a pint glass slowly slide across the table (other staff pointed it out to me while it was still happening). We decided it was some sort of condensation effect on the polished oak table because the area it was happening in was a good fifty feet away from the road. The wood in the above video that the tip jar is moving on seems to be the same type of 'slippy' wood, I'm more impressed with the second jar also moving on what looks like a different type of wood.

I used to do that as a party trick in one of the bars I worked in. Highly varnished wooden table, a flat bottomed pint glass and a little water. A little puff of air and it slides like a puck on ice.

Apologies for my late reply, Swifty. Sorry to hear about your friend, Adam. It's certainly very sad circumstances :(. Interesting info posted, though.

Apologies for my late reply, Swifty. Sorry to hear about your friend, Adam. It's certainly very sad circumstances :(. Interesting info posted, though.
Thanks Booo X

That used to happen in the last bar I worked in, I've watched a pint glass slowly slide across the table (other staff pointed it out to me while it was still happening). We decided it was some sort of condensation effect on the polished oak table because the area it was happening in was a good fifty feet away from the road. The wood in the above video that the tip jar is moving on seems to be the same type of 'slippy' wood, I'm more impressed with the second jar also moving on what looks like a different type of wood.

Yep, I've seen this happen many times on bars, and more recently in my own kitchen. It's probably an example of aquaplaning (or is it hydroplaning')? If no film of liquid was involved in this case then it's something else...

When one of our local pubs added metallic copper-like surfaces to the wooden bars and tables and did away with 'old-fashioned' bar towels and beer mats for mopping up spills the glasses were soon sliding all over the place as if they had minds of their own. I've seen it on stone and wooden surfaces too.

Interesting photo I’m not sure I’m convinced.

I’ve got a screenshot from Facebook too.

https://www.kentlive.news/news/kent-news/eerie-blue-bell-hill-picture-2499642
696EB810-D4D4-46EF-AB81-1B50A2F3E03A.jpeg

Interesting photo I’m not sure I’m convinced.

I’ve got a screenshot from Facebook too.

https://www.kentlive.news/news/kent-news/eerie-blue-bell-hill-picture-2499642

The article debunks it :

Maggie Benge said: "Not being know all’s but my son in law who is a civil engineer working on the A14 said it is the back of an illuminated road sign with a rectangular plate underneath. "

Oddly positioned dashcam too. More like someone's mobile phone mounted on the dashboard. A proper in-car camera should be mounted at the top of the windscreen, legally outside of the arc of the wipers, and close to the glass.
If the alleged road sign is a permanent structure, should be possible to use the sign on the right to geolocate it and check it on Google Streetview?

The article debunks it :

Maggie Benge said: "Not being know all’s but my son in law who is a civil engineer working on the A14 said it is the back of an illuminated road sign with a rectangular plate underneath. "

Oddly positioned dashcam too. More like someone's mobile phone mounted on the dashboard. A proper in-car camera should be mounted at the top of the windscreen, legally outside of the arc of the wipers, and close to the glass.
If the alleged road sign is a permanent structure, should be possible to use the sign on the right to geolocate it and check it on Google Streetview?

I only posted quickly. I’d seen the FB and someone else had come up with the link. I’m still not convinced by the explanation still looks human shaped. I’m just feeling it’s a real human whose got out when the traffic as at a standstill.

There are dash cams that you mount lower. We have one that’s also a sat nav. Or there is an app from an insurer that can make your phone a dash cam.

You can tell because its bra’s on the wrong way round.

I was going by stance but I think you have nailed the er... supporting evidence.

@MorningAngel It's a good photo - I got the real grues when I first looked, which means that it's a great simulacrum. Even now I've read the debunk it /still/ gives me the shudders!

The article debunks it :

Maggie Benge said: "Not being know all’s but my son in law who is a civil engineer working on the A14 said it is the back of an illuminated road sign with a rectangular plate underneath. "...

Yes. Using the sign on the left of the screen as an indicator, I think the image was recorded at this point on the A229, Bluebell Hill - and that, with the help of a little weather, windscreen and mobile phone related distortion, this is exactly what the image shows.

Bluebell Hill.png

(The camera's POV is obviously the outer lane, and a little further back.)

If the image is of someone who has left their car and is standing or walking on the central reservation, then they are huge - and scarier than any ghost I can imagine!

Last edited:
Yes. Using the sign on the left of the screen as an indicator, I think the image was recorded at this point on the A229, Bluebell Hill - and that, with the help of a little weather, windscreen and mobile phone related distortion, this is exactly what the image shows.

View attachment 14667

(The camera's POV is obviously the outer lane, and a little further back.)

If the image is of someone who has left their car and is standing or walking on the central reservation, then they are huge - and scarier than any ghost I can imagine!

I think it’s the light above it that looked like a head and it looked like ‘legs’ we’re behind the reservation but they are just skinny poles. I can see it now. I did just spot it on one of the originals.

It's the ghost of a giant - would appear to be about 10 feet tall.

Surely though both the person who posted the picture and the person who shared it could see the discrepancy in scale? It was the first thing I thought of as soon as I saw it - 'that can't be a person, it's effing ENORMOUS.'

Never seen this before. Just got for a few pennies on Amazon (although it is on Kindle, too). Totally the sort of book I'd have devoured as a kid - thanks for putting this up. I'd never have stumbled on it, otherwise!

We did it in middle school, or more precisely, we did the first 2 thirds of it then left it because the teacher said she read to the end and didn't think it was very good. :(

Am guessing there was some sort of theme to it she had a problem with, probably should come back to it one day just to find out.

Mainly stuck in my memory for the bad character's henchmen being called Leathermen. Seriously.

Back