• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Slipping

Kev

Junior Acolyte
Many thanks for accepting me into your group,i do appreciate it.

Before you read this i would just like to add that i used to work here as a gardener

Last summer here in the UK my wife and I we were out for our walk in the countryside of Leeds and on our return from our trip we always cross over Roundhay Park and over the arena(This is where the concerts and other events are held)This time upon the arena coming into view we both witnessed what looked like steel framing and a smell of what seemed like gunpowder and the ground was damp,it was a hot day by the way.All the people had disappeared who were there sunbathing and we could see someone banging with a hammer on the framework.Everything around us seemed a little bit different,ie the trees were smaller and lake was visible through the framework whereas today the trees are thick and you wouldn't see the lake.

What you see in the link is what we both wittenesed and as we walked a bit further on the arena was then back to how it would look normally

I did a bit of research and came up with this http://www.leodis.net/display.aspx?resourceIdentifier=200294_93156070&DISPLAY=FULL

I do hope that all this makes a bit of sense and we both know what we saw on that day.Many thanks

I hope that the link opens ok.

Edit:I just want to say many thanks for reading and understanding what i'm trying to say here as it all happened so quickly.Cheers

Last edited:
Interesting account, welcome to the forum!

When did you first become aware something was unusual? Was it when you came to the arena or did something seem different before this?

Before you read this i would just like to add that i used to work here as a gardener

Last summer here in the UK my wife and I we were out for our walk in the countryside of Leeds and on our return from our trip we always cross over Roundhay Park and over the arena(This is where the concerts and other events are held)This time upon the arena coming into view we both witnessed what looked like steel framing and a smell of what seemed like gunpowder and the ground was damp,it was a hot day by the way.All the people had disappeared who were there sunbathing and we could see someone banging with a hammer on the framework.Everything around us seemed a little bit different,ie the trees were smaller and lake was visible through the framework whereas today the trees are thick and you wouldn't see the lake.

What you see in the link is what we both wittenesed and as we walked a bit further on the arena was then back to how it would look normally

I did a bit of research and came up with this http://www.leodis.net/display.aspx?resourceIdentifier=200294_93156070&DISPLAY=FULL

I do hope that all this makes a bit of sense and we both know what we saw on that day.Many thanks

Always great to have a new potential timeslip account here!
A shame you didn't take any photos of the framework structure and / or the treeline.
Could this have been the aftermath of one of the frequent Summer events being cleared away?

Interesting account, welcome to the forum!

When did you first become aware something was unusual? Was it when you came to the arena or did something seem different before this?
As soon as we got to the arena and within a split second everything had just suddenly changed.My wife was walking in front of me and i asked her if she could see what i could see,she could of course.It was all very strange and difficult to explain how strange it was.All the people previously had just vanished as if by magic,my wife was very,very uneasy about the whole thing that we were seeing but yet we couldn't understand why at the time the frame was where it was.It all happened quickly within a matter of 20/30 seconds and then we were back to normality after we had carried on walking a bit.I do hope that this makes sense as my wife still feels a bit on edge about the whole thing.Many thanks

According to the Met Office, the weather in May 1919 was also abnormally hot and sunny in all areas https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/binaries/content/assets/mohippo/pdf/j/q/may1919.pdf

In fact there had been a prolonged drought, according to that report. But you said the ground was damp?

Fascinating stuff. I love a good timeslip - in fact I think they are my favourite paranormal 'happening'.
Yes the ground was damp and thinking about it there were wetter patches also.It was all very strange and just suddenly we were i suppose "transported back in time for a short period"If i had not of joined this forum i don't think i would have said anything to anyone regarding this.Many thanks

Always great to have a new potential timeslip account here!
A shame you didn't take any photos of the framework structure and / or the treeline.
Could this have been the aftermath of one of the frequent Summer events being cleared away?
Yes it is a shame regarding not taking a photo but i myself was caught up with it all and trying to take it all in,it was all very strange indeed

Kev:

Very interesting account ... Here are some queries for clarification ...

(1) Just to confirm ... You were previously a gardener at Roundhay Park?

(2) Can you reliably give a range of dates for this anomalous sighting any more precise than 'last summer'?

(3) Are you saying the framework you and your wife observed was identical to the scene in the photo (number of structures; relative size; shape of structures), or simply that it was similar to the photo?

RoundhayPkArena-19**.jpg

(4) You mentioned sunbathers having 'disappeared'. Had you seen them earlier in that area on that day during your walk? In other words, had you seen the arena area earlier that same day or was the occasion of the anomalous sighting the first time you'd seen it that day? When you subsequently saw things 'back to normal', were sunbathers (and / or other people) suddenly back in the scene?

Kev:

(2) Can you reliably give a range of dates for this anomalous sighting any more precise than 'last summer'?

(3) Are you saying the framework you and your wife observed was identical to the scene in the photo (number of structures; relative size; shape of structures), or simply that it was similar to the photo?

(4) You mentioned sunbathers having 'disappeared'. Had you seen them earlier in that area on that day during your walk? In other words, had you seen the arena area earlier that same day or was the occasion of the anomalous sighting the first time you'd seen it that day? When you subsequently saw things 'back to normal', were sunbathers (and / or other people) suddenly back in the scene?
What we see here within the photo is what we both saw

Is the arena the same thing as Soldier's Field? I'm not sure, although my dad grew up within walking distance of Roundhay Park and knew it like the back of his hand. My grandparents will have been at that 1919 exhibition. My grandfather was one of the Leeds Pals who survived the war and came back to Leeds in one piece. My great grandad - grandma's dad - farmed at Roundhay.

Welcome, btw. Great time slip. I have a photo somewhere of my grandad playing cricket at Roundhay Park. We do get there from time to time, and I went often as a child but as my dad was the Loiner and I wasn't, I never knew the names of the various parts of it.

Kev:

Yes the sun bathers were in view as we walked towards the arena.We had not visited the arena earlier that day.When it returned to normal it was as we first saw it,sunbathers etc

Is the arena the same thing as Soldier's Field? I'm not sure, although my dad grew up within walking distance of Roundhay Park and knew it like the back of his hand. My grandparents will have been at that 1919 exhibition. My grandfather was one of the Leeds Pals who survived the war and came back to Leeds in one piece. My great grandad - grandma's dad - farmed at Roundhay.

Welcome, btw. Great time slip. I have a photo somewhere of my grandad playing cricket at Roundhay Park. We do get there from time to time, and I went often as a child but as my dad was the Loiner and I wasn't, I never knew the names of the various parts of it.

This is the arena present time.I will now post you Soldiers field

Attachments

• roundhay_arena_3.jpg
    roundhay_arena_3.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 64
Kev:

We can see people here within this photo whereas i could only see one person at the very far end of the framework who was banging the framework with what i would have thought to be a hammer

We can see people here within this photo whereas i could only see one person at the very far end of the framework who was banging the framework with what i would have thought to be a hammer

Regarding the sunbathers,no we had not seen them earlier as we walked over the park to come back home,we didn't walk over the park to get to the countryside.When it all went back to normal everything was as it was earlier as we were walking towards the arena

Last edited by a moderator:
It was 1984 and I stopped at a pancake house at 1:00 in the morning.

I sat at the bar and ordered pancakes. The lady was wearing a yellow waitress dress and apron, and her hair was done up in curls. She poured coffee and made the pancakes and an egg sunny side up. I ate them and asked how much, and she said 75. I blinked ‘Pardon.. how much?’ She put her hand on her hip, ‘Sign of the time honey, inflation and all. 75 cents is the price.’

I opened my wallet and all I had was a 20. I pulled it out and handed it to her. She looked at me incredulously, “I don’t know if I’ll have change for a bill this large.”

A man in dark green overalls pulled out his wallet, “I do..” He counted out several one dollar bills and traded them for her twenty.

She gave me two dimes and a nickel. And 19 ones. It was then that I really started to look around. The waitress poured coffee in an open thermos, and handed a wax paper wrapped sandwich to a man with an old black rounded top lunchbox. He closed up the thermos, clamped it in the top, and put the sandwich in.

I thanked the waitress for the fine pancakes, and left a two dollar tip, and as I reached for the door she hollered back, “This is too much.” I said “Thank you, but it was hers for her fine hospitality.”

“Don’t get any ideas.” she said, “I ain’t that kind of girl. I have a legit business here.”

“Keep it”, I said, “It’s only for the fine pancakes.” , and I let the door close behind me.

The next week, I was on that same road, heading the other way, and noticed the old rundown diner, which looked like it had been abandoned for some time. There was a large crack in one window, and the parking area was covered in old dry weeds.

Last edited:
Great story Kchoo. It reminds me of a story on here somewhere about an old Gas Station. It has never happened to me and I wonder how I would feel if it did. How did it make you feel when you saw the derelict building? Have you a location for it - Google Earth? Or would you be able to take a photo of it for us?

It was 1984 and I stopped at a pancake house at 1:00 in the morning.

I sat at the bar and ordered pancakes. The lady was wearing a yellow waitress dress and apron, and her hair was done up in curls. She poured coffee and made the pancakes and an egg sunny side up. I ate them and asked how much, and she said 75. I blinked ‘Pardon.. how much?’ She put her hand on her hip, ‘Sign of the time honey, inflation and all. 75 cents is the price.’

I opened my wallet and all I had was a 20. I pulled it out and handed it to her. She looked at me incredulously, “I don’t know if I’ll have change for a bill this large.”

A man in dark green overalls pulled out his wallet, “I do..” He counted out several one dollar bills and traded them for her twenty.

She gave me two dimes and a nickel. And 19 ones. It was then that I really started to look around. The waitress poured coffee in an open thermos, and handed a wax paper wrapped sandwich to a man with an old black rounded top lunchbox. He closed up the thermos, clamped it in the top, and put the sandwich in.

I thanked the waitress for the fine pancakes, and left a two dollar tip, and as I reached for the door she hollered back, “This is too much.” I said “Thank you, but it was hers for her fine hospitality.”

“Don’t get any ideas.” she said, “I ain’t that kind of girl. I have a legit business here.”

“Keep it”, I said, “It’s only for the fine pancakes.” , and I let the door close behind me.

The next week, I was on that same road, heading the other way, and noticed the old rundown diner, which looked like it had been abandoned for some time. There was a large crack in one window, and the parking area was covered in old dry weeds.
I love it!As was suggested earlier would you have a location for where you were so we could Google street view it.Many thanks

I will try to find it on Google.
It was 1984... and I havent been by there since about 1986. I wonder if the building is still there.

Edit:I just want to say many thanks for reading and understanding what i'm trying to say here as it all happened so quickly.Cheers
Have you posted on Leodis, yet? Be interesting to see if anyone else has had a similar experience at Roundhay Park.

Reactions: Kev
Have you posted on Leodis, yet? Be interesting to see if anyone else has had a similar experience at Roundhay Park.
To be honest i haven't as Leodis is not for that sort of posting as it's not a group/forum etc.Thanks anyway though for mentioning it

Back