• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Circus Hippo Eats Dwarf Who Bounced Into Its Mouth?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
There was a story I read a while back about a long time ago circus performer dwarf who bounced off a trampoline and unfortunately landed inside the mouth of a yawning Hippo .. I'll try and find a link to it but don't hold you're breath (unless someone else can beat me to it please? .. the dwarf/hippo situation)

edit:

hippo dwarf.jpg

Last edited:
There was a story I read a while back about a long time ago circus performer dwarf who bounced off a trampoline and unfortunately landed inside the mouth of a yawning Hippo .. I'll try and find a link to it but don't hold you're breath (unless someone else can beat me to it please? .. the dwarf/hippo situation)

edit:

View attachment 2059

Sorry but this has become my favourite story & could go straight in at number one in the Strange Deaths thread. The details are classic "The vets said it was the first time the hefty vegetarian had ever eaten a circus performer" & "Police said the trampoline had been sent for forensic analysis".

Could be charged as an accomplice?

What are they doing with a fuckin' hippopotamus in a circus anyway?...

While you can train elephants, hippos are extremely dangerous and aggressive creatures, so you'd have to be off your rocker to try and present them as part of a show, circus or otherwise. So I have my doubts about this one.

I haven't ever heard of a circus that had a hippo as part of a show (apart from this account), so - like GNC - I think this is highly likely to be a fabrication.
I don't think it's easy to train them, and as for swallowing a dwarf...well, the hippo is likely to choke rather than swallow the man whole.

I think we probably knew it was bollux - the hippo, the dwarf, the trampoline, the accidental consumption - but thanks for conclusively shattering my dream.
I can't help it, I'm trying to be disappointed but ...

For more on the "Hippo Eats Dwarf" hoax story, check its Wikipedia entry:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippo_eats_dwarf

It's a shame really. It's a great story.
A small aside, the report comes from the Pattaya Mail.
In it's heyday Pattaya was a wild place. A quiet fishing town by day, but as soon as the sun went down the streets filled with ladyboys who were better looking than the local ladies of the night. Bars run by Vietnam vets who never went home flung open their doors and featured unauthorised Thai boxing matched in between the ping pong shows the bar girls put on for the drinkers entertainment. That a dwarf was eaten by a hippo there, would come as no surprise. It was a no holds barred haven for everything illicit, sleazy, raucous and illegal.

I have a friend who claims he went on a first date with a girl in Thailand and raised the story for a morbid laugh, only to have her burst into tears because the dwarf was her cousin. It's a great story, but I'm not sure I believe him.

I have a friend who claims he went on a first date with a girl in Thailand and raised the story for a morbid laugh, only to have her burst into tears because the dwarf was her cousin. It's a great story, but I'm not sure I believe him.
Hippos are aquatic need to be near a big body of water.
Hippos are vegetarian their teeth crush plants.
Hippo throats are just not that big.
Story makes no sense, girl wanted out of the date.
Hippos are very shy unless seriously threatened and are most likely to run or try to stomp the cannon to death if struck by a dwarf.

Hippos are aquatic need to be near a big body of water. Hippos are vegetarian their teeth crush plants. Hippo throats are just not that big. Story makes no sense, girl wanted out of the date. Hippos are very shy unless seriously threatened and are most likely to run or try to stomp the cannon to death if struck by a dwarf.
Sorry, that may be true about asian hippos, but not the African ones. African hippos frequently attack people and sometimes even bite them in half. Africa loses 500 people to hippo attacks every year. Their jaws are huge and ridiculously powerful.

I don't think there's such a thing as Asian hippos! There are two species of hippopotamus, both living in Africa.
The Asian hippos were imported from Africa but live in Asian wildlife reserves, sorry for the confusion. The Asian ones are around humans more and are generally better behaved than wild African hippos.

You do that, hippos don't deal well with criticism. They are more thin-skinned than you might think.

edit:

View attachment 2059
LMAO that cannot be true, I'm genuinely in tears here
ETA oh, it's not. lol

Back