• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Walking Dead

I have to admit to not watching this since the first season where they got to the 'safe zone'.

Just sort of didn't grab me anymore, no pun intended.

Yeah, I found the first two or three series really boring, but I stuck with it and was rewarded with some great "middle" seasons. Now it has moments of interest, but the inspiration is lacking. Back next week, anyway.

Yeah, I found the first two or three series really boring, but I stuck with it and was rewarded with some great "middle" seasons. Now it has moments of interest, but the inspiration is lacking. Back next week, anyway.
You're the first (zombie fan) person I've ever heard say the first season was boring. I felt it was the later seasons that devolved into becoming soap operas with the occasional token zombie skirmish. Fair enough, each to their own I suppose.

You're the first (zombie fan) person I've ever heard say the first season was boring. I felt it was the later seasons that devolved into becoming soap operas with the occasional token zombie skirmish. Fair enough, each to their own I suppose.

Yeah, I think there's a lot of goodwill from season 1 which is probably why it's still going, but I thought it was a soap back before people started accusing it of that later on. It got good when Carol found her inner badass. Now, I'm not enthused about the new baddies being zombie cosplayers.

Hmm, bit of a placeholder episode, setting up the rest of the half-season I suppose, clearing its throat before really getting into it. Negan seems pretty pathetic now. Still think firing that gun would knock Judith over.

So Samantha Morton's giving us her Southern drawl now. I'm not enough of an expert to judge how well that's going. At least we can be certain of not forgetting Lydia's name, seeing as how they repeated it about a hundred times this episode. Did she really eat a worm for the camera?

Hey, that was not too bad an episode this week, possibly because there was lots of Jerry, and possibly because they championed the power of cinema. The stand-off was quite tense, too.

has anyone read the comic book series ... im just reading the southern bastards volumes ... for some work i picked up !

(maybe this is non sequitir, im not a fan of the medium)

Hmm, the Whisperers turn out to want what all the baddies (non-zombie) want in this show, to take over, to dominate, to rule. I know that's what people are like (well, in cult form), but I was hoping for something different for a change.

Definitely jumped the shark and now swirling down the Lost plughole. Last 3 episodes were all pretty meh and still no end in sight.
Don't like the new characters.

I gave up on TWD early in series four after finding series two and three dull and repetitive, a friend who has stuck with it says I made the correct decision.

I suggest this thread be renamed "I Would Like to Announce I Am No Longer Watching The Walking Dead".

Anyway, I am still watching it, because of episodes like this week's, where a potential battle was averted by the promise of a movie. That's what I like to see. Also, Darryl's battle with the lead singer of Lordi. Well, it looks like him. (Norman Reedus not very good at spitting, I notice: find ways around that, TWD writers).

Hmm, the Whisperers turn out to want what all the baddies (non-zombie) want in this show, to take over, to dominate, to rule. I know that's what people are like (well, in cult form), but I was hoping for something different for a change.
That's what made me give up on it though GNC .. baddies against goodies who were against baddies who .. hang on, ten zombies shuffling towards us, oh, it's OK we've killed them now .. anyway, those baddies are against the goodies who are against the baddies .. repeat. It got so dull, I was waiting for Whoopie Golddberg to make a cameo so she could lead her team of Amazon warriors onwards with Daryl Dixon on his leash ..

.. and unless I've missed out and he's now dead, there's no plausible reason why someone wouldn't have just shot Negan by now.

...baddies against goodies who were against baddies who .. hang on, ten [baddies] shuffling towards us, oh, it's OK we've killed them now .. anyway, those baddies are against the goodies who are against the baddies .. repeat. It got so dull...

Swifty, this thread’s about The Walking Dead, not Westworld.

maximus otter

TWD may have its problems, but it's nowhere near as tiresome and pretentious as Westworld. Every so often there will be an episode that reminds me why I'm sticking with it - unlike its sister show, which never gets into gear. Oh, and Negan barely gets mentioned now, he escaped, decided there was nothing for him out there, and went back to his cell. I think it's refreshing capital punishment isn't being used - they're trying to be civilised, after all.

We really enjoyed the first series of WW and looked forward eagerly to the second, but it was all fighting. I really hate seeing that, it doesn't entertain me at all so I haven't bothered with it since.

The fighting doesn't scare or offend me, it's just boring. How people can enjoy action or kung fu-type fillums quite escapes me.

With a good martial arts film, it's all about the choreography, some of those performers do things with their bodies that are incredible. With an action movie with shootiebangs, it's all about the spectacle, and for me it helps if it's ridiculous too. But not for everyone.

From the third best episode of The Walking Dead

aglen.jpg

Well, this week's was... really grim, actually. I suppose they wanted to prove they could still go to extremes, and it was powerful in its way, but it wasn't very enjoyable, even with the tearful reconciliation at the end. Nice to see Rutina Wesley, anyway, despite the storyline.

If last week's was grim, it was The Morecambe and Wise Show compared to this week's. If in doubt, have a massacre. Less people in the cast, I suppose. More focus.

Hey, somebody's been watching Dead Snow! Only they dropped the Nazi bit for this series finale. And Negan's a good guy now! So it lumbers on, back in the Autumn...

has anyone read the comic book series ... im just reading the southern bastards volumes ... for some work i picked up !

(maybe this is non sequitir, im not a fan of the medium)

Yep, up to compendium 2. Actually very good and a great way to pass a Sunday afternoon.

of southern bastards ? i just started volume 3, pretty visceral stuff ... really hoping the work comes off but like a lot of these things, might just evaporate ... was told it was same writers as walking dead, rather it seems to be the same publishing house

Great news! There's going to be another TWD series, so it can be on all year round! I don't see anything dubious about this plan at all! I'm definitely not going to make jokes equating this show to an actual walking dead zombie!

Back