• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Tales Of A Flat Earth

Whatever happened to the innocent days of Tux ?

Whats that ? One of those cheese biscuits?
Tux is a mascot for Linux.
154px-Tux_Enhanced.svg.png

Gordonrutter,

Is that what you meant by 'outing the geeks' ?

;)

How do flat Earthers explain gravity ?

I looked this up on the flat Earth Societies website.

And found this gem at the same time.

The 2007 retrograde of Mars. Retrograde motion occurs from the fact that the planets are revolving around the sun while the sun itself moves around the hub of the earth. This particular path the planets take makes it appear as if several of them make a loop along their journeys across the night sky.

Last edited:
Yes gravity AKA "magic velcro" does not exist. It doesn't need to. If something is heavier than air it falls, if it is lighter than air it rises.

Not so, look at their website. Apparently it works much the same as it does for a globe. But as the plane of the flat Earth is infinite.......

Things only fall due to gravity.

Shirley they are not divided ! Is there not only one flat Earth ?

I think you’ll find that underneath the earth’s crust is a layer of buttered toast.
As an actual scientific fact, buttered toast usually lands butter side down. Not due to any influences of weight, aerodynamics or friction but because it is the most inconvenient and dirty way for buttered toast to land. It’s contrary and stubborn stuff. So it’s only natural that any dropped objects are therefore naturally.attracted to the buttery upside lying literally inches just under our feet.

This also explains why cats always land the right way round. When you put butter on a cat’s paws, it can easily find its way home. So cat’s paws are adapted to be attracted to the buttery toast.

Science has yet to decide whether the other side of Earth is white, brown or wholegrain. Theologians are unanimous its definitely got a picture of Jesus on it though.

Flat-Earthers' Cruise Will Sail to Antarctica 'Ice Wall' at the Planet's Edge.

The journey will take place in 2020, the Flat Earth International Conference (FEIC) recently announced on its website. The goal? To test so-called flat-Earthers' assertion that Earth is a flattened disk surrounded at its edge by a towering wall of ice.
Details about the event, including the dates, are forthcoming, according to the FEIC, which calls the cruise "the biggest, boldest adventure yet."

They do know that you can sail right around the Antarctic ? And that if they keep the ice on their left hand side (or the right) they will eventually get back to where they began.

That should make for some interesting discussion among the believers.

Whenever we hear that people are going to attempt these things I always look forward to some kind of resolution when they fail to prove what they hoped. Somehow we never see, to get a 'We were wrong' update, though. I wonder why. :)

What they need to do is sail around the arctic circle, keeping the ice on one shoulder until they get back to where they started...and total up the mileage.

THEN...do the same whilst sailing the equator.

I would like to be at the reception while they try to explain the discrepancy...

Earth is round, it's Flat Earthers heads that are flat...

Which is why the RNLI turned down your job application. Don't worry about them, they'll have loads of ropes and climbing gear for when they get to the edge.

No, the RNLI turned down my application when I said I wanted to commandeer their ships to search for R'lyeh and raise Cthulhu, the Navy to a similar tack. I am suing both for Religious Discrimination.

Back