• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Forum Functions & Functionality: Technical Problems & Known Issues

Hello everyone, we will rebooting the web server on Sunday February 19th 2019 at 1800 (6pm) GMT / 1300 (1pm) GMT to apply some server updates.

Would that be Sunday February 17 or Tuesday February 19?

The date in the User Notice has been corrected (?) to conform to what we Staff were told.

Edit to Add: Time zone attributions were corrected as well.

Last edited:
This is a new one, why, when i click one of my alerts, does it jump to another post entirely?

Ummm, just checking and it appears to only be happening on the Weird Sex Thread

Does it ever jump to a page *other* than the page within which your alert-related post appears?
I don't think so. It just jumps to the wrong post.

I have a theory, based on seeing similar 'jumping' when following an Alert link to a given thread. It goes like this ...

When you click on the link XenForo takes you to the thread and correctly aligns the page display to show the alerted post in a specific position therein.

However ...

If there are late-arriving chunks of material (e.g., remote-linked images) included within that same page, this initial positioning is thrown off as those new chunks are inserted into the overall page display (including portions of the page originally presented as off-screen on your device).

From the user's vantage, the page appears to jump upward / downward depending on where the delayed chunks are finally inserted on the page.

Yes, mine jumps up about two or three posts, but it was only on Weird Sex

Yes, mine jumps up about two or three posts, but it was only on Weird Sex

If it was the latest page in the Weird Sex thread, I'll bet it was OWB's milk bath images that were delayed in arriving and caused a final bump in the display.

This happens regularly on another site I visit.

It displays a list of threads, but if you don't wait about two seconds it will take you to the one below the one you want.

If you do wait you will see the page re-arrange itself. Then it will pick up the correct one.

Three nearly-consecutive instances of (when attempting to 'Like' a post) an "Oops" popup with a forum-genetated security warning telling me to refresh the page/content.

(Chrome browser on a demi-smart Android doorstop, 4G & 7degC outdoors in a light sou'westerly :mattack:.... I may need to crack open the emergency malt whisky)

I usually have to click a 'like' twice to get it to do it, but not always

Three nearly-consecutive instances of (when attempting to 'Like' a post) an "Oops" popup with a forum-genetated security warning telling me to refresh the page/content.

(Chrome browser on a demi-smart Android doorstop, 4G & 7degC outdoors in a light sou'westerly :mattack:.... I may need to crack open the emergency malt whisky)

I wonder if the board was offline for a minute or two between your having opened the page and clicked LIKE.

I wonder if the board was offline for a minute or two between your having opened the page and clicked LIKE.

My guess is that it concerned interactions among the various services involved. I notice there have been a number of recent server errors resulting from 'too many connections'.

I may be missing something obvious, but when browsing the forums on an Android phone (using either Chrome or Opera) I can't see a link to log out.

There's a dropdown menu at the top left with numerous options, but log out isn't among them.

On the desktop site, if I click on my avatar on the top menu bar it generates a new dropdown menu with a log out option. But on my phone, clicking on my avatar only redirects me to my Account Details page.

It's not a massive deal as I can effectively log out by delving into my browser settings and deleting all cookies. It's just a tad odd as I've never noticed this issue on any other forums.

I may be missing something obvious, but when browsing the forums on an Android phone (using either Chrome or Opera) I can't see a link to log out.

There's a dropdown menu at the top left with numerous options, but log out isn't among them.

On the desktop site, if I click on my avatar on the top menu bar it generates a new dropdown menu with a log out option. But on my phone, clicking on my avatar only redirects me to my Account Details page.

It's not a massive deal as I can effectively log out by delving into my browser settings and deleting all cookies. It's just a tad odd as I've never noticed this issue on any other forums.
I’ve just had a look on an iPad and I seem to have the desktop version which allows me to log out through th avatar drop down menu. I’ll see if I can replicate your problem on any other device.
Thanks

It's possible to log out by removing the tab with forteana.org. Just open the tab from the trash can and you will be logged in again. Just be sure the cookies aren't removed.

Click on your avatar box in the uppermost toolbar (ignore sidebar).

The bottom-left option is 'Log Out'.

But on my phone, clicking on my avatar only redirects me to my Account Details page.

Just tried it on my Android (Marshmallow) phone with Chrome. Logout option available. (Android tablet running 5.0.2 displays desktop site even if not selected, logout option also visible)

FKMgm9j.png

People seem to be seeing a different menu to me. When I click my top left Avatar it just takes me to my Account Details page.The actual menu looks like this:
tmp-cam-7878422969051727404.jpg

Back