• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Weird Personal Names

I give you,...

Dr Loki Skylizard MD FCCP.

Apparently changed his name aged eight and kept it. Now a Thoracic surgeon.

Loki Skylizard MD FCCP, born in Puerto Rico and raised in South Florida, completed medical school at the University of Michigan and general surgery residency at Tufts University School of Medicine western campus, Baystate Medical Center. He then completed Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery residency at the University of Alabama in Birmingham, Alabama. Dr. Skylizard continued his training by completing an additional, twelve month fellowship in Minimally Invasive and Advanced Robotic Thoracic Surgery under the Mentorship of Professor Robert J. Cerfolio, MD, MBA, FCCP at the University of Alabama.

Others here:
https://medium.com/i-love-charts/hello-my-name-is-dr-loki-skylizard-783a94b95c09

'Destiny Frankenstein'? Curvaceous Bass?

Always thought the actress Marcia Gay Harden had an... interesting name.

I was asked if this name was familiar but it means nothing to me
ArVienna.jpg

It's the grandness of the titles with this surname:

Major General Sir Eustace Francis Tickell KBE CB MC (1896–1972)

Today I learned that there are, in Sweden :
Four people called Spiderman or Spider-man (as primary or middle name),
One Superman,
Ten Batmans,
Three Wolverines and
Three Ironman/Iron-Man, including this fellow who changed his name in 2014 to *takes deep breath* Kim-Jong Sexy Glorious Beast Divine Dick Father Lovely Iron Man Even Unique Poh Un Winn Charlie Ghora Khaos Mehan Hansa Kimmy Humbero Uno Master Over Dance Shake Bouti Bepop Rocksteady Shredder Kung Ulf Road House Gilgamesh Flap Guy Theo Arse Hole Im Yoda Funky Boy Slam Duck Chuck Jorma Jukka Pekka Ryan Super Air Ooy Rusell Salvador Alfons Molgan Akta Papa Long Nameh Ek.

No Deadpools, Aquaman or Cyclops.

Is that a drunk one or a pelted with rocks one, or was it pelted with rocks as a form of punishment for being pished

Ages ago I heard that some eccentric couple had decided to call their newborn child Depressed Cardboard Cheesecake. Does anyone know what happened to the child? Did he/she keep his/her name?
By the way, what happened to this kid? Googling yields this thread as the first result, and not much more besides.

This may belong in the Urban Legends section, but it's long been rumoured that someone in Glasgow years ago named their child Pocahontas McGurk...

By the way, what happened to this kid? Googling yields this thread as the first result, and not much more besides.

The other Google match suggests it was in the Book of Heroic Failures, but I just did a search of the pdf and there was no reference to it.

Three people (two may be questionable) and two roads:

A bank near where I grew up had a teller named Flo Cocks.

A friend of a friend* in college said she knew a woman named Ophelia who married a man with the last name Tidde. (The E is long, not silent.)

Back when the Weekly World News didn't make up their stories from whole cloth (but didn't really question their sources, either) they reported on a couple named Daub who loved the movie Song of the South so much they named their son Zip-A-Dee-Doo Daub.

There is a Skunks Misery Road in Locust Valley, New York. A local liquor store labeled its house brand of London dry "Skunks Misery Gin". I also found out there's a Skunk Misery Road in Connecticut.

*I know, I know.

I'm guessing this means either the name was not retained, or they never existed in the first place. Still, better to be called Depressed Cupboard Cheesecake than something like Adolf Hitler Smith, like you hear about sometimes.

Many years ago, in a universty in NE England I shared an undergrad's pigeonhole with several other students for paper internal communications in the days before email - namely a Mr James Bond, and a Mr Randi Barstad. Sadly I never met either of them!

Last edited:
Back