• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Disappearance Of Buzzy

SugaryGhost

In a spiral of ants
Have any of you heard of the disappearance of the “Buzzy” animatronic from Disney’s disused Epcot attraction “Cranium Control”?
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&s...aw3RiBKPoH1FqucR6czLQLIf&ust=1552878990608562
I can’t form a theory as to what happened to him,nothing seems reasonable.If it is a conspiracy perpetrated by Disney to frame and punish a pesky urban explorer it seems a bit risky and a lot of effort.If it was stolen by an employee or removed to go to the archives why didn’t they unplug him rather than hacking through his cables?An urban explorer wouldn’t really have the knowledge of how to use the lift platform to get up to where he is anyway.Hmmm

The Cranium Command attraction was part of the Wonders of Life exhibition. The whole exhibition lost its sponsorship in 2001, there were complaints about how dysfunctional it had become by circa 2005, and it was closed in 2007.

Much of the equipment has been removed. In particular, many of the animatronics have been disassembled for parts. As a central figure, Buzzy was one of the larger and more complex animatronics (and hence more vulnerable than most to disrepair and obsolescence).

This exhibit opened in 1989. In addition to being custom-built hardware, Buzzy was controlled by 30-year-old computer hardware and software. The cables you refer to aren't power cords - they're fat wiring looms / harnesses hard-wired to the Buzzy figure.

There's no point maintaining a wire harness that's custom-made and designed to work with equipment that's obsolete. Those harnesses probably didn't have any modular connections to unplug in the first place.

Anyway ... The overall Buzzy figure is not missing. The missing property consists solely of the figure's clothing and its rubber hands. They went missing last August.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/new...disney-animatronic-stolen-20181227-story.html

My guess is that these bits were left lying around when the figure was cannibalized for parts.

The Cranium Command attraction was part of the Wonders of Life exhibition. The whole exhibition lost its sponsorship in 2001, there were complaints about how dysfunctional it had become by circa 2005, and it was closed in 2007.

Much of the equipment has been removed. In particular, many of the animatronics have been disassembled for parts. As a central figure, Buzzy was one of the larger and more complex animatronics (and hence more vulnerable than most to disrepair and obsolescence).

This exhibit opened in 1989. In addition to being custom-built hardware, Buzzy was controlled by 30-year-old computer hardware and software. The cables you refer to aren't power cords - they're fat wiring looms / harnesses hard-wired to the Buzzy figure.

There's no point maintaining a wire harness that's custom-made and designed to work with equipment that's obsolete. Those harnesses probably didn't have any modular connections to unplug in the first place.

Anyway ... The overall Buzzy figure is not missing. The missing property consists solely of the figure's clothing and its rubber hands. They went missing last August.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/new...disney-animatronic-stolen-20181227-story.html

My guess is that these bits were left lying around when the figure was cannibalized for parts.
I just don’t think he’d be cannibalised for parts when he was red tagged to go to the archives.The Disney archives still do displays for the public to see so I’d find it odd if they took parts of him or disassembled the entirety of the animatronic.If he’d been disassembled for parts I feel like someone would have said so at this point,considering how some people think this is an attempt by Disney to frame someone,and Disney are very concerned about public image.Also I don’t know why they’d just leave those parts lying around for someone to steal after they’d removed the whole animatronic.If so and someone took the disconnected hands and clothes why would they even bother filing a police report.They’re clearly not useful or wanted.

Isn't it obvious? Think about what Buzzy's job actually was. He helped provide functionality to a human brain. Now, say you had a deeply problematic brain that couldn't think straight and you had been to the Cranium Command as a kid? You remembered that the character Buzzy was the one you needed to help your brain work properly, so you found a way to break in and steal him. This is classic schizotypal ideation (not to be confused with schizophrenia), and I will place an outside bet that whoever stole Buzzy was attemtping to "self medicate".

Either that or someone stole him to resell to a collector for $$$.

Isn't it obvious? Think about what Buzzy's job actually was. He helped provide functionality to a human brain. Now, say you had a deeply problematic brain that couldn't think straight and you had been to the Cranium Command as a kid? You remembered that the character Buzzy was the one you needed to help your brain work properly, so you found a way to break in and steal him. This is classic schizotypal ideation (not to be confused with schizophrenia), and I will place an outside bet that whoever stole Buzzy was attemtping to "self medicate".

Either that or someone stole him to resell to a collector for $$$.
Or perhaps Buzzy knew his time was up and didn’t want to be sent to the archives.He freed himself from his shackles with his own two hands and fled.

Or perhaps Buzzy knew his time was up and didn’t want to be sent to the archives.He freed himself from his shackles with his own two hands and fled.
So, he spontaneously achieved sentience and escaped? The Wonders of Life indeed! All the same, check under your kids' beds; those animated dolls are either too friendly or outright psychotic, and either way, they're creepy.

I just don’t think he’d be cannibalised for parts when he was red tagged to go to the archives.The Disney archives still do displays for the public to see so I’d find it odd if they took parts of him or disassembled the entirety of the animatronic.If he’d been disassembled for parts I feel like someone would have said so at this point,considering how some people think this is an attempt by Disney to frame someone,and Disney are very concerned about public image.Also I don’t know why they’d just leave those parts lying around for someone to steal after they’d removed the whole animatronic.If so and someone took the disconnected hands and clothes why would they even bother filing a police report.They’re clearly not useful or wanted.

You're reading a lot more into the story than is supported by the scant reported facts.

Buzzy was removed from the closed exhibit. That much is clear. The Buzzy figure's clothes were removed and went missing. That much is clear. The figure's hands were removed and went missing. That much is clear. Why were the hands and the clothing the only bits claimed to be missing? There's one obvious explanation - the relatively fat hands had to be removed to remove the figure's clothing without cutting them off.

The only place from which the whole figure has "disappeared" is the former / closed / abandoned exhibit. Nobody really involved (police; Disney) has mentioned anything about the rest of the figure.

All that can be said with certainty is that someone stripped the clothing off the Buzzy figure. That's it; that's all.

I’m just having a bit of fun speculating about it.If you’re complacent with the topic you’re not obliged to continue discussion.Reading more into the topic is what I thought was done with conspiracies.You might be right about Buzzy,or I might be.We’ll probably never know.

61.png

I’m suspicious about that girl in the video - she is obviously wearing Buzzy’s glasses !

Back