• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fairies, Pixies, Elves, Sprites & Other Little Folk

I’m from Scotland and grew up with stories of selkies,shifting from human form to seal, and I’ve always thought that so lovely.I wonder what the probability is of such a thing existing?
LOL they're skinwalkers I tell you!

I’m from Scotland and grew up with stories of selkies,shifting from human form to seal, and I’ve always thought that so lovely.I wonder what the probability is of such a thing existing?

I like your Kelpies SG...

lf you haven’t seen the film The Secret of Roan Inish, stop what you’re doing right now, buy a copy and watch it. Thank me later.

maximus otter

I saw stickers promoting her website on walls and lampposts around Reykjavik and left a comment on her blog saying how interesting and entertaining I found it.
Both times we visited Iceland we stayed in the same hotel, which has an elfstone just outside, where you can communicate with the Elves. Unfortunately my Icelandic is minimal and I'm unsure that Nordic Elves can speak English.

PSX_20190325_091816.jpg

Last edited:
Both times we visited Iceland we stayed in the same hotel, which has an elfstone just outside, where you can communicate with the Elves. Unfortunately my Icelandic is minimal and I'm unsure that Nordic Elves can speak English.
FFS if the sign is in 2 languages, there is a good chance the elves are bilingual too. Iceland is closer to the British Isles than Scandinavia.
:jtease:

Falkirk's an easy train ride from Glasgow. As long as I remember to get off at the right station!

I think faerie is devided into seelie and unseelie to my knowledge,with seelie being the more human like and less dangerous.A lot of myths say faeries cannot lie.If someone’s said that before I’m sorry.I’m very interested in the fair folk,I especially like the Dullahan and wild hunt,but I forget information very easily :D

That’s really nice,pictures like that are so cute.I got a similar one taken in a photobooth in Asda when I was about 6.lol it wasn’t quite as good.They just slapped up a background with fairies on it,I didn’t even have any wings xD

I was on another message board looking at some paranormal topics whilst my wife was watching a show that I had no interest in. On the board I came across these videos claiming to show pixies in their natural habitat.
Filmed by a chap named Erwin Saunders, they may be a product of rather good CGI or not. That, I'll leave up to you. His reaction to seeing/filming them seems genuine and surprising, but then he may just be a good actor.
Nonetheless, whatever you make of it, the footage is rather endearing.

Video 1 - Pixie makes appearance at 6.15

Video 2 - Sightings occur at 9.39 and 10.34 when it steals his lunch (a sandwich)

His YouTube Channel with many other videos of Pixies
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIptHpq0tre-Mnu2V1VOoww

I think it is a product of rather bad CGI myself :D but I agree, the videos are rather endearing. I like the Capercailzie noise he makes to attract them.
I have to agree, I think it is CGI. It is quite charming though, and he does give a good performance as a bumbling, eccentric old gentleman.
If anybody actually knows this man, put me right - but I think he's wearing a wig and a fake beard to create a persona.
He's probably teamed up with somebody else who does the CGI.
Shame that he hasn't posted again in a year.

I have to agree, I think it is CGI. It is quite charming though, and he does give a good performance as a bumbling, eccentric old gentleman.
If anybody actually knows this man, put me right - but I think he's wearing a wig and a fake beard to create a persona.
He's probably teamed up with somebody else who does the CGI.
Shame that he hasn't posted again in a year.
I take it back about the wig and fake beard! There's an episode where he cuts his hair and beard to leave hair for the pixies to use.

I was on another message board looking at some paranormal topics whilst my wife was watching a show that I had no interest in. On the board I came across these videos claiming to show pixies in their natural habitat.
Filmed by a chap named Erwin Saunders, they may be a product of rather good CGI or not. That, I'll leave up to you. His reaction to seeing/filming them seems genuine and surprising, but then he may just be a good actor.
Nonetheless, whatever you make of it, the footage is rather endearing.

Video 1 - Pixie makes appearance at 6.15

Video 2 - Sightings occur at 9.39 and 10.34 when it steals his lunch (a sandwich)

His YouTube Channel with many other videos of Pixies
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIptHpq0tre-Mnu2V1VOoww
There is an article in this month's magazine about this, the first I had heard about it. I think they are fakes but so wonderfully done and acted I cannot resist their charm.

Yeah, great band, but I wouldn't put it past them. Publicity stunt? They have been a bit quiet since 2016 when they released Head Carrier.
Not that quiet. I saw them last year and they could still produce a fair amount of volume!

As far as the videos are concerned, yeah, CGI. I just looked at one attempting to make a fuzzy bit of clothing or hairy covering look natural, and it didn't. One could attribute that to some magical nature, but then why do the movements look so UN magical.

Back