• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Furries & Animal Wannabes

Now Trump is threatening Kim with the Furries. That'll bring him to heel.

DGzo5GiUIAA_FMc.jpg

That ought to do it.
Kim Wrong 'Un should be freaked out by now.

If ever a subculture has been misrepresented, especially in the media, it's Furries. Are there extremes within it? Yes. Are they representative of the whole? Not even remotely. They're a tiny aspect of something incredibly multi-faceted. At core it's about self-expression and creativity; it just happens to be through the prism of anthropomorphism.

Just to balance out the Alt-furries and the beastiality, two things. One, a suiter in a public place found a little child clinging to their leg. Turns out, they'd been seperated from their parents, and were seeking help from the big, friendly doggy. Said 'doggy' then spent several minutes helping her look for her folks, and eventually found them; all concerned were grateful for the Furry's help. Two, there's a group in the US of Milifurs, or Military Furs; far from being militant, they're ex-forces people finding solace after all they'd endured in the service through the Fandom.

Overgrown kids play-acting? Perverts indulging? Oh, no. Much, much more than that.

(PS. Apologies if this seems soap-boxy. The subject matters to me. A lot.)

I have a lot of sympathy for furries. I think I could have been one, if my life had been slightly different (I hate skin to skin contact, for a start!).

There was a lot of umbrage being taken on Twitter last week when a team of furries on The Crystal Maze were called 'cosplayers' by Channel 4.

For the rest of the world, let me introduce the concept of the plushie. They really do do that.
plushie5b.jpg

12.jpg

Poor fkn bears. :wtf:

Last edited:
Mrs T, you deserve the best skin on skin contact there is. I know you hate cuddling, but this might cure you.

B8pmEQfIUAAlgxx.jpg

Kittens (and cats, puppies, rabbits, hamsters, etc) already have special dispensation :) See, I'm halfway to furry already :p

As for the plushies, well, whatever gets you going, I guess! People are weird as hell, aren't they?!

They have closed door conventions and everything. Apparently. I heard about it from our Aussie hero, JW.

For the rest of the world, let me introduce the concept of the plushie. They really do do that.
plushie5b.jpg

12.jpg

Skinny, you might want to put a spoiler around those naughty pictures...

plushie5b.jpg

12.jpg

Make love, not war. Those bears have never had it so good.

Anthropomorphising is the projection of human traits that we give animals. Not playing dress up.

I've been around comics and animation fandom and know it well. I don't choose to get involved, but I personally see no point in shaming those that do.

It would be hypocritical of me to be judgmental: I once almost shagged a girl from Norfolk.

maximus otter
Don't tell me .. she shagged you first .. none of us are here to judge you ... but if you're going to brazenly steal my gimme six joke ? .. the definition of a Norfolk virgin? .. a girl who can run faster than her brother .. :p

I've been around comics and animation fandom and know it well. I don't choose to get involved, but I personally see no point in shaming those that do.

Indeed. Imho it's just taking Cosplay a bit further.

Don't tell me .. she shagged you first .. none of us are here to judge you ... but if you're going to brazenly steal my gimme six joke ? .. the definition of a Norfolk virgin? .. a girl who can run faster than her brother .. :p
I played in a village cricket team with eight left-handers. When the no. 6 came out to bat one of the fielding team said "Fu*king hell another leftie, are you all fu*king inbred?"

Except, what they're dressing up as are decidedly anthropomorphic characters, so...

People can call themselves whatever they want while playing make believe. They are acting as animals. They are not projecting their own feelings onto actual animals.

People can call themselves whatever they want while playing make believe. They are acting as animals. They are not projecting their own feelings onto actual animals.

You seem to have a very narrow definition of "anthropomorphic", if it can only relate to actual animals. Are the walking, talking animal characters that fill so many stories across varied media not anthropomorphic? The fursuiters are creating characters, too, but going that much further by choosing to physically embody them, as best they're able. To dismiss such a creative, expressive and personal thing as just "playing make-believe" is doing it a grave disservice.

If ever a subculture has been misrepresented, especially in the media, it's Furries. Are there extremes within it? Yes. Are they representative of the whole? Not even remotely. They're a tiny aspect of something incredibly multi-faceted. At core it's about self-expression and creativity; it just happens to be through the prism of anthropomorphism.

Just to balance out the Alt-furries and the beastiality, two things. One, a suiter in a public place found a little child clinging to their leg. Turns out, they'd been seperated from their parents, and were seeking help from the big, friendly doggy. Said 'doggy' then spent several minutes helping her look for her folks, and eventually found them; all concerned were grateful for the Furry's help. Two, there's a group in the US of Milifurs, or Military Furs; far from being militant, they're ex-forces people finding solace after all they'd endured in the service through the Fandom.

Overgrown kids play-acting? Perverts indulging? Oh, no. Much, much more than that.

(PS. Apologies if this seems soap-boxy. The subject matters to me. A lot.)
Don't forget us anime fans.

A store manager who 'never felt like a human' has embraced his true self and now lives as a 'human pup' - even eating his meals from a dog bowl.

Kaz James, 37, admitted he felt 'weird' and unable to relate to others, before allowing his pup persona to shine through in his late teens.

The store manager, from Salford, Greater Manchester, now regularly unleashes his personality by barking at friends, carrying items with his teeth and snacking on Bonio dog biscuits.

Outside of work, he wears customised rubber outfits, masks, dog leads, harnesses and even a bespoke £2,000 fur suit.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...ke-dog-eating-meals-bowl-barking-friends.html

Back