• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT378

Ogdred Weary

ᛟᛒᛊᛏᛁᚾᚨᛏᛖ ᚲᛁᛗᚱᛁᚲ
Levitating Kids! - they all do if you throw them hard enough.

The Masked Walker - soon to be part of the MCU.

Six Fortean Experiments You Do At Home - I can already produce ectoplasm at will.

Bah! thought I'd get in first this month.
Arrived on my birthday too!

giphy.gif

Reading this month's ghostwatch, it is very interesting, but I am confused by the statement that Tony Cornell had witnessed many strange phenomena, in his book "investigating the paranormal" he says all he had seen was a hoover move by itself, but it has been a while since I read the book admittedly.

Loved the double-page photo of 'Cat Island" but, given the preponderance of ginger moggies, who are almost exclusively toms, how could they be breeding so rapidly?

Maybe most of the females were busy littering when the pictures were taken?

"Isn't it bad enough when people litter?"

Like the Scotland football manager Alex McLeish who was accused of dumping a big pile of rubbish on a football pitch in Kazakhstan a few days ago?

So males have all the fun, whilst females have to do all the difficult and onerous things?
Sound like another species to you?
I'm not sure why being photographed could ever be considered FUN, but I was merely speculating as to why there were more males visible. Certainly, when felines, er, disengage, the females don't sound or act like it's fun for them. Mother Nature is a cruel and harsh mistress...

I'm not sure why being photographed could ever be considered FUN, but I was merely speculating as to why there were more males visible. Certainly, when felines, er, disengage, the females don't sound or act like it's fun for them. Mother Nature is a cruel and harsh mistress...
And it occurs to me that "litter" has completely separate and different meanings in regard to pets - cats have litters of kittens (my original intent); dogs (or rather, bitches) have litters of puppies... but a litter tray is for other uses entirely. What idiot ever invented language anyway?

"Isn't it bad enough when people litter?"

Like the Scotland football manager Alex McLeish who was accused of dumping a big pile of rubbish on a football pitch in Kazakhstan a few days ago?
Accused and found guilty

We stayed in the hotel across the road, in what we were told is the very BEST and POSHEST room, which we were hoping would be price-appropriately haunted. No such luck. I want a refund.

The talks were good though.

We're there!
Having GREAT fun.

I was there for Saturday but came down with the dreaded Warrington Squits early Sunday morning.
Well worth the mileage and cost though - loads more people than last year - looking forward to next year :)

I was there for Saturday but came down with the dreaded Warrington Squits early Sunday morning.
Well worth the mileage and cost though - loads more people than last year - looking forward to next year :)

One of the speakers described how their monster-hunting expedition was held up by a fearsome attack of what sounded like amoebic dysentery. He was still ill for a couple weeks after their return. I reckon they were lucky to even GET home!

After having diarrhoea in Siberia (strangely, no-one's yet written the limerick!) I always carry medication for it, a practice I can recommend. You should've come to me!

Also, at UnCons there used to be a flag for us MBers to gather round. Perhaps that's a custom worth reviving?

One of the speakers described how their monster-hunting expedition was held up by a fearsome attack of what sounded like amoebic dysentery. He was still ill for a couple weeks after their return. I reckon they were lucky to even GET home!

After having diarrhoea in Siberia (strangely, no-one's yet written the limerick!) I always carry medication for it, a practice I can recommend. You should've come to me!
Was it this one?

There was a young snail in Siberia
Afflicted with diarrhoea-ria
After squatting for hours
She had lost all her powers
And her vision was getting blearier

Back