• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT378

Was it this one?

There was a young snail in Siberia
Afflicted with diarrhoea-ria
After squatting for hours
She had lost all her powers
And her vision was getting blearier

:rollingw: I asked for that, didn't I?

Picked up mine yesterday at a little WHSmith's at the airport coming back from Ireland. Was pleased to see the John Michell article, has been one of my favourite authors ever since I first read his work as a teenager. Only had a quick flick through, so far looking good, also pleased we have Jenny Randles back this issue.

My copy arrived today, but haven't had much time to read it yet! Will save it up for Good Friday...

Loved the double-page photo of 'Cat Island" but, given the preponderance of ginger moggies, who are almost exclusively toms, how could they be breeding so rapidly?

Aren't they going to run into a problem soon - the island is going to need visiting vets who can trap, aneathetise and snip. leave just enough to maintain a healthy population, but...

Picked up this back number at seeming random to re-read. Seemingly random reflections:

i) Did FT ever follow up that batty Australian woman who beleives she can live only on fruit? She deserves more than a photo and a paragraph. (Ann Osbourne).
ii) the dome of light used to mask missile launches. Errr... it might hide the missile launch, but it's hardly inconspicuous, is it? ("Massive eruption of domes of light over Siberia. Over." "Oh, nothing to worry about. Hey, dig the groovy light-show the Russians are putting up!")

Back