• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Satanism

Simulationism, the way I am using it is the belief that reality is in fact an elaborate simulation, such as one might find in a computer game, where the participants are unaware of the simulation. The difference is that just because one realizes the false nature of reality doesn't mean that one is thus empowered to change reality, outside the scope of one's mundane interactions with the simulation. There are echoes of this in perennial philosophy such as Plato's Troglodytes, Christ's Kingdom on Earth being immanent but unrealized, and the nature of ignorance in Buddhism etc.
Those conceptions differ from a simulation, as they all posit an independent reality outside of the observer, unknowable but real. However, there was at least definitely one Christian philosopher who posited that there is no reality outside of our perceptions that God was printing directly in our minds : Nicolas Malebranche (1638-1730).
A simulation is in fact the real world for those who live in it. But the concept supposes that once the simulator "unplugs the plug", it would disappear. There is a clear likeness to the idea once held by some philosophers that God did not create the world once and for all, but that He was creating it continuously, at every instant, so that it would disappear if He stopped to do so. Modern thinkers believe that they come with some amazing new conceptions, but in fact thay imagine nothing new.

Those conceptions differ from a simulation, as they all posit an independent reality outside of the observer, unknowable but real. However, there was at least definitely one Christian philosopher who posited that there is no reality outside of our perceptions that God was printing directly in our minds : Nicolas Malebranche (1638-1730).
A simulation is in fact the real world for those who live in it. But the concept supposes that once the simulator "unplugs the plug", it would disappear. There is a clear likeness to the idea once held by some philosophers that God did not create the world once and for all, but that He was creating it continuously, at every instant, so that it would disappear if He stopped to do so. Modern thinkers believe that they come with some amazing new conceptions, but in fact thay imagine nothing new.

If God is still creating the world, how come he rested on the Sabbath? Did the world cease to exist on the Sabbath, like it does in Dunedin NZ on a Sunday? Clearly whoever said that was a heretic to break with scripture that way. One can't refer to what this God fellow does without first checking scripture, otherwise people would just go around making things up about him, and that would lead to a demarcation dispute with the clergy. We can't have that, as religion, especially Christianity is nearly a fully unionized workforce.
:dsist::exor::sparta:

As to a simulation being real to the people who live in it, well, only if they are intrinsic to the simulation, and without reality outside the simulation, like Chelsea supporters. For other people, when the simulation is withdrawn they will see the world in which the simulation was built.

Also, it is less some deity who creates the world than the neurochemistry and neurophysiology of the human brain that is responsible. We know this due to experiments in electrical neurostimulation. In a simulationist world, God is merely the programmer, and Jesus merely has the cheat codes. Clearly that can't be right, can it?:yellowc:

I'm donating my body to TCD's medical school, they can feed any leftovers to the Triffids at the School of Botany.

I'm thinking of being buried in a biodegradable cardboard carton like a Kentucky Fried Chicken, the vicar will say- "Earth to earth, dust to dust, CLUCK-CLUCK-CLUCK.."

I personaly think the story of satan is far more interesting than that of jebus.He was a rebel and that appeals to me.
The reason why the devil is also known as the morning star is because in egypt Sirius, the brightest star, was visible in the mornings at the time of year when cholera was most prevelent.

Last edited:
I personaly think the story of satan is far more interesting than that of jebus.He was a rebel and that appeals to me.
The reason why the devil is also known as the morning star is because in egypt Sirius, the brightest star, was visible in the mornings at the time of year when cholera was most prevelent.
Another thing about Satan is that (in the Bible) he did less bad stuff than God.
Interesting, that.

Another thing about Satan is that (in the Bible) he did less bad stuff than God. Interesting, that.

In God's defense, it is always easy to blame a sitting government for things that go wrong. That doesn't mean the opposition really has any answers.
:angel::evil:

The Satanic Temple activist group is suing the makers of TV series The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina for $50 million (£38m) over a statue.

Netflix and Warner Bros allegedly copied the group's statue of the goat deity Baphomet in the programme.

Dqy0o7QXgAEhdan.jpg

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46147144

Re: the above, the lawsuit against Carrey has been dropped, so that's a weight off his mind. Now to see if he can get another job...

He spends his time painting now.

The Satanic Temple activist group is suing the makers of TV series The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina for $50 million (£38m) over a statue. Netflix and Warner Bros allegedly copied the group's statue of the goat deity Baphomet in the programme.

As any well informed student of the Knights Templar will tell you, Baphomet is a depiction of the Prophet Mohammed (Baphomet/Mahomet, get it?) used for initiation ceremonies wherein the price of failure as a knight of Christendom was revealed as being submission to the forces of the infernal, which Islam has the most profound and evidence based religious claim to being. In any case, as the depiction in the statue is taken from the pre-existing source of the Knights Templar and the Tarot, it is extremely unlikely that the Satanic Temple will win, but no doubt they are more interested in the publicity than the payday.

If you haven't read it yet and it's still available, try Blanche Barton's The Church of Satan, which is the story of the first 25 years (iirc) of The Church of Satan. Barton was their official biographer and i believe Anton LaVey's partner, so probably pretty one sided, but otherwise a colourful and entertaining read from an 'insider'

Can't really comment of LaVey's works, besides The Satanic Bible, as i find most of it, for my taste, pretentious bollocks. Without meaning any particular disrespect to LaVey, he really was an accompished circus man who seems to have decided that he didn't care for the 'god racket', so made his name in the 'anti-god racket' :D
i’ll have to try & find a copy of barton’s book ( might be interesting reading ) , but for the record I’m with TEAM GOD :bish:

Amusing article:
Satan's toons

Think Satan was all about heavy metal in the 1980s? WRONG! He was directing and writing cartoons! He-Man claimed to be Master of the Universe instead of Jesus Christ... you know that means He-Man was the Antichrist! So what did that make Skeletor?

The Satanic Temple in Salem announced that it’s been officially recognized as a church by the Internal Revenue Service.
The organization posted the announcement on its website and social media.
“The Satanic Temple recently received notice from the IRS affirming our status,” the organization wrote on Instagram on Wednesday.
“This acknowledgement will help make sure the Satanic Temple has the same access to public spaces as other religious organizations, affirm our standing in court when battling religious discrimination and enable us to apply for faith-based government grants.”

https://www2.bostonglobe.com/metro/...izes-church/jMdQXU80OIsaHp1XRcilbK/story.html

The Satanic Temple in Salem announced that it’s been officially recognized as a church by the Internal Revenue Service.
The organization posted the announcement on its website and social media.
“The Satanic Temple recently received notice from the IRS affirming our status,” the organization wrote on Instagram on Wednesday.
“This acknowledgement will help make sure the Satanic Temple has the same access to public spaces as other religious organizations, affirm our standing in court when battling religious discrimination and enable us to apply for faith-based government grants.”

https://www2.bostonglobe.com/metro/...izes-church/jMdQXU80OIsaHp1XRcilbK/story.html

I was in Salem last year and on our way to the Witch Museum, we passed the Satanic Temple (based in an old church no less). We turned around and pulled up outside as I was going to go inside to get some literature as a souvenir, just for the hell of it, but it was unfortunately closed.

The Satanic Temple & its main spokesperson, Lucien Greaves, are featured in this new indie documentary: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hail_Satan?. (Also see
.) The documentary is called Hail Satan? and the director is a woman named Penny Lane (reportedly her real name).

The documentary is getting glowing reviews so far. For example, indie filmmaker John Waters gives it a good review: . This documentary appears to be an indie hit. Currently, it has shown only in the USA, but I get the impression that it is just a matter of time before it makes its way across the pond, and will be shown in the British Isles and in Continental Europe and beyond.

Here's a partly-Irish podcast which features Lucien Greaves and talks about the documentary in this episode (& discusses some other stuff too): http://thefreethoughtprophet.com/2019/04/19/hail-satan-episode-146-with-lucien-greaves/. (One of the podcast hosts is Irish and the other appears to be Irish-American.) So, some people in Ireland are already aware of this hit indie film, and appear to look forward to seeing it.

The Satanic Temple & its main spokesperson, Lucien Greaves, are featured in this new indie documentary: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hail_Satan?. (Also see
.) The documentary is called Hail Satan? and the director is a woman named Penny Lane (reportedly her real name).

The documentary is getting glowing reviews so far. For example, indie filmmaker John Waters gives it a good review: . This documentary appears to be an indie hit. Currently, it has shown only in the USA, but I get the impression that it is just a matter of time before it makes its way across the pond, and will be shown in the British Isles and in Continental Europe and beyond.

Here's a partly-Irish podcast which features Lucien Greaves and talks about the documentary in this episode (& discusses some other stuff too): http://thefreethoughtprophet.com/2019/04/19/hail-satan-episode-146-with-lucien-greaves/. (One of the podcast hosts is Irish and the other appears to be Irish-American.) So, some people in Ireland are already aware of this hit indie film, and appear to look forward to seeing it.

Great! Thanks for posting it.

You don't have to worry. It is one of the few cities in the world that ceases to exist for one day per week. It leaves itself out. I'm not sure but is it also the most Southerly major settlement in the world? I am glad I visited there, but I have never been to another city where the petrol stations are closed on Sunday. As an American consumer I just don't understand how that is possible. Clearly Capitalism has failed in Dunedin. Was there a riot somewhere that I wasn't invited to that was complaining about nothing being open? BTW I loved NZ. There is literally nowhere else even remotely like it. It is like Scotland had a baby with Polynesia, and while the kid grew up socially awkward, they were also really attractive and that made their awkwardness endearing. On the other hand, this whole comment has nothing to do with Satanism so here is an article about Satanism in New Zealand: NZ Satanism

Last edited:
You don't have to worry. It is one of the few cities in the world that ceases to exist for one day per week. It leaves itself out. I'm not sure but is it also the most Southerly major settlement in the world? I am glad I visited there, but I have never been to another city where the petrol stations are closed on Sunday. As an American consumer I just don't understand how that is possible. Clearly Capitalism has failed in Dunedin. Was there a riot somewhere that I wasn't invited to that was complaining about nothing being open? BTW I loved NZ. There is literally nowhere else even remotely like it. It is like Scotland had a baby with Polynesia, and while the kid grew up socially awkward, they were also really attractive and that made their awkwardness endearing. On the other hand, this whole comment has nothing to do with Satanism so here is an article about Satanism in New Zealand: NZ Satanism

Christ when did you last visit? Yes we don't have non-stop 24 hour titty bars but we do alright and I don't even live there anymore. Satanists? FFS - but why not - makes a change?

Last edited:
Christ when did you last visit? Yes we don't have non-stop 24 hour titty bars but we do alright and I don't even live there anymore. Satanists? FFS - but why not?
Okay, I visited in the 1980s, even before LOTR, you got me. Next time I'm there I will hit up that 24hr titty bar tho.

Back