• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Who Ya Gonna Call? Ghost Hunters & Hunting

I'd put the temp drop down to being that you were aiming at the floor and then at a wall? I'd imagine the floor was colder, because of it being the floor?

Also, the woman holding the camera is difficult to understand as I'm guessing she is really close to the mic on the camera.

Maybe better if you structured the investigation as it appears really random and just a group of people standing around aiming thermometers as various parts of the church - there's no process. Everyone is just interested in filming each other and having a chat.

There is zero methodology.

If you are just up for putting stuff on the net as a scary night that's fine but if you are trying to be serious then the group needs to sit down and figure out what it's doing.
The ghost club technical officer had this too say in the spring journal

This investigation report of Tilbury Fort
highlights the importance of robust
methodology. The Ghost Club is
currently striving to update its procedure of
investigations of alleged haunted locations in
line with a twenty-first-century approach,
which is not necessarily an easy thing to do.
Few of us have scientific backgrounds or the
funding for necessary equipment that would
enhance the effectiveness of an
investigation. Nor do we have (as far as I am
aware) absolute psychic powers that show us
detailed events of the past.
Nevertheless, if we are to improve, we
must continually and comprehensively review
investigation methodology so that we are
able to differentiate ourselves from both the
TV ghost hunting shows and the many
commercial ghost hunting event nights
available. With that in mind, I think it is worth
emphasising the following points:
 Robust methodology must always be
put in place when planning an
investigation.
 The scientific method is essential and
should be applied in the conduct of the
entire investigation, not just the use of
equipment to collect data.
 Beginning the investigation with an
accurate time check to the nearest
second!

 The scientific method is essential and
should be applied in the conduct of the
entire investigation, not just the use of
equipment to collect data.
 Beginning the investigation with an
accurate time check to the nearest
second! ..

We use two clipboards and sync time checks to keep hand written notes during an invest. Our notes include the date, who's present, what equipment we have with us, the natural temperature and weather conditions. Our gadgets are first used to provide negatives (especially the laser thermometers) before we start. There's more scientific methodology I'll go into later.

Here with the ghost club tonight

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1558207626357.jpg
    FB_IMG_1558207626357.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 11
The ghosthunt at highhouse, Purfleet was very quiet, apart from talking to the victorian/edwardian spirit(or something) of a 60 year old lesbian, I assumed it was the strange subconscious desires of 4 men at 11pm, but another group had the same answers to the glass work, apart from the lesbian bit, as we did.

It was a lovely location and I hope we go back there soon.

I will not post any pictures as some people seem to think picture= me claiming PROOF OF PARANORMAL ACTIVITY! YOU MUST SEE THIS!

Part 2 of our 2nd visit to All Saints Church in Santon .. please skip to 7:41 for the 'possible' (I think it's just our lighting causing an illusion)

It's important to remain honest so there's a colony of ladybirds inside the church which is the sensible explanation for the 'orbs' seen in this video .. I'm not sure how to explain the lights 'showering' down from the ceiling although there are also bats inside the church so it could also be dust falling. The 'figure' moving past the window first left to right and the back again could also easily be a reflection from one of our light sources ..

Last edited:
I will not post any pictures as some people seem to think picture= me claiming PROOF OF PARANORMAL ACTIVITY! YOU MUST SEE THIS!

I'm sorry to read this; having read back, I see your point!

Swifty... do you deliberately have a Hitler 'tache? :p
Sorry, being cheeky!
I've trimmed it down a bit now after you said that! :p .. hopefully it won't look so Hitler'ish in our next vid we filmed a few days back ... nothing much experienced apart from I kept getting peripheral bolts of light going past windows at a different location (Binham Priory) that could be explained away as tiredness, I'm looking forward to reviewing the team footage ..

Part 2 of our 2nd visit to All Saints Church in Santon .. please skip to 7:41 for the 'possible' (I think it's just our lighting causing an illusion)

It's important to remain honest so there's a colony of ladybirds inside the church which is the sensible explanation for the 'orbs' seen in this video .. I'm not sure how to explain the lights 'showering' down from the ceiling although there are also bats inside the church so it could also be dust falling. The 'figure' moving past the window first left to right and the back again could also easily be a reflection from one of our light sources ..
good stuff, i am 20 minutes in but taking a break, having no stamina. I still have my video from avenue house to watch and that was about 4 years ago. I have never taking my camera on a ghost hunt since.

you could send anything interesting to james tacchi, the ghost clubs science officer if you would like his opinion. [email protected]

good stuff, i am 20 minutes in but taking a break, having no stamina. I still have my video from avenue house to watch and that was about 4 years ago. I have never taking my camera on a ghost hunt since.

you could send anything interesting to james tacchi, the ghost clubs science officer if you would like his opinion. [email protected]
Thanks man .. and could you upload your avenue house vid?, I'd like to watch it .. I've not heard of James Tacchi, is he part of an organisation?

Please let me know your opinions on our vid and also questions about any smaller details in it Titch ..

Please let me know your opinions on our vid and also questions about any smaller details in it Titch ..
The first thing that struck me was the amount of walking about you do! When I start a vigil I plonk my fat arse down and don't move till time is up.

I like to sit in silence, listening for ghostly footsteps, never heard any but I live in hope.

I noticed you all seem to have camcorders, how useful do you find them? I am considering digging mine out from the bottom of the wardrobe .

The first thing that struck me was the amount of walking about you do! When I start a vigil I plonk my fat arse down and don't move till time is up.

I like to sit in silence, listening for ghostly footsteps, never heard any but I live in hope.

I noticed you all seem to have camcorders, how useful do you find them? I am considering digging mine out from the bottom of the wardrobe .
The camcorders are useful for our team because we have one each so can compare anything we might have felt was interesting back at 'base camp' afterwards .. if two or more cameras pick up the same thing we look at (and listen to) those things more closely .. we do tend to wander about yes although what you've watched is an edited down version of a 4 hour invest where we actually spend most of the time sitting down .. so we return with about 12 hours of footage between the three of us and edit it down to the more visually and audibly interesting stuff. We have considered doing a live Wifi broadcast instead but, as you know, most investigations are actually not immediately obviously eventful.

Richard's the one out of the three of us who stands still and sits still the most which is important, he likes to isolate himself away from any noise we could be making which also makes sense. I'll send you a pm if you want to send him a facebook friend request? .. his style matches yours.

a 60 year old lesbian, I assumed it was the strange subconscious desires of 4 men at 11pm, but another group had the same answers to the glass work, apart from the lesbian bit, as we did.
:lolling:

I'd no idea you blokes were amateur Interferers. I've missed the entire game. Got lots of backpaging to do now. Great stuff. It must be a gas snooping about the spiderwebs at midnight. More power to you.

heh "Little Nicole likes to play with electronics" - a scratcher after your own heart, mate.

I'm guessing you're Shaggy's stand-in.
What does the group's Velma-equivalent look like?

I'm guessing you're Shaggy's stand-in.
What does the group's Velma-equivalent look like?
She looks a bit like a goth sometimes except not moody .. it depends how she does her eye makeup :cool: .. you can see her in the above vid (@7:30 onwards)

Cool as f**k .. I've just learned that our next invest will be at 30 East Drive in Pontefract, dubbed 'the most haunted house in Britain) .. yeah, I know, I know .. another place boasting to be the most haunted.

We've paid a deposit and a very small fee to be the only people there over night ..

Last edited:
Cool as f**k .. I've just learned that our next invest will be at 30 East Drive in Pontefract, dubbed 'the most haunted house in Britain) .. yeah, I know, I know .. another place boasting to be the most haunted.

We've paid a deposit and a very small fee to be the only people there over night ..

Hi Swifty excuse me if you have already posted the answer to this question before, but what is the most spooked/convinced you have been on an investigation?

Hi Swifty excuse me if you have already posted the answer to this question before, but what is the most spooked/convinced you have been on an investigation?
Me personally, the old Catmose mill house in Oakham, Leicester. Long story but apparitions seen, female footsteps heard, smell of lavender, sudden temperature drops, lights be switched off, sounds of wooden furniture dragging heard across a wooden floor in a room that was carpeted and dreams of a woman who turned out to have committed suicide in the building.

Me personally, the old Catmose mill house in Oakham, Leicester. Long story but apparitions seen, female footsteps heard, smell of lavender, sudden temperature drops, lights be switched off, sounds of wooden furniture dragging heard across a wooden floor in a room that was carpeted and dreams of a woman who turned out to have committed suicide in the building.
wow that sounds amazing yet very hair-raising. Have you posted a report of that night?

More on '30' .. we've got it from 6pm until midday next day .. £300 all in .. just us with the key.

They even made a film about this little house, Colin Wilson was involved, the current owner lives next door now I'm told .. the trailer for the film is in this link ..

Last edited:
I don't thinks so sorry, no. I think I've told it as an anecdote here somewhere before. I'll see if I can find it.
Thanks Swifty, I 'm really interested in stuff such as this and would like to take part in an investigation one day. somewhere.

Back