• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection Is up for pre order if anyone interested but they definitely don't need a 12 more like a pg and jaws should of stayed a pg.

As has been pointed out, for Jaws in HD you get a pretty explicit crotch shot from the first victim which wasn't apparent on DVD or SD TV broadcasts.

Plus I saw Jaws before I was 12 and it scared the shit out of me.

The Lodge is set to be this year's big horror, like Hereditary was last year:

Although good luck working out what it's about from that trailer. Turn a bloody light on! Presumably it's about Riley Keough trying to escape Scientology. Oh wait, The LODGE - she's trying to escape the Masons.

Although good luck working out what it's about from that trailer. Turn a bloody light on! Presumably it's about Riley Keough trying to escape Scientology. Oh wait, The LODGE - she's trying to escape the Masons.

Is it a doc about @Swifty's recent trip?

The Curse of La Llorona: Set in the ever expanding Conjuring Universe, La Llorona tells the tale of an evil ghost who(confusingly) drowns children she wants to replace her own children who she killed in 1673. Fast forward to 193 a social worker goes to the home of a troubled mother and takes hr children into care. That night the children are drowned by La Llorona and the social worker's own children attract the attention of the malevolent ghost. Attacks cause burns and sprains the social worker is herself now suspected of causing this.

The adventure continues with the mother fighting back against La Llorona with the assistance of a Mexican Shaman (who is an ex-Catholic priest). Some good scary scenes which will make you jump and also drawn out horror. La Llorona appearing in and breaking mirrors, throwing people across rooms, dragging children into swimming pools and shoving them down in baths, windows of a car winding down when nobody seems to be there. Nothing particularly new in this film and the pacing was off at ties but it's a good Evil Ghost film. Directed by Michael Chavez who is due to direct The Conjuring 3 in 2020. 7/10.

Painkillers: A new take on the Vampire Mythos. Opens with a woman being attacked by another (crazed) woman in an alley. The victim's wrist is cut with a knife and the assailant starts to drink her blood. Surgeon John Clark (Adam Huss) is involved in a car crash in which his son is killed. Physically he recovers but for no apparent reason he suffers from great physical pain. He meets a stranger, Herb Morris (Grant Bowler) who offers a solution to his suffering - blood. Clark dismisses this but his debilitating condition makes him realise that blood is indeed a palliative.

The film convincingly portrays the breakdown of a surgeon, the only way he can stop shaking is to ingest blood. But when he returns to work he is caught drinking waste blood after an operation. A doctor of course would have access to the hospital blood store but eventually discrepancies would be noted. These vampires operate in daylight and are not deterred by garlic or crosses, nor do they possess eternal life, but to function "normally", drinking blood is a necessity. Morris offers to supply Clark but it's at a cost, either he joins in hunting society's pariahs and using them as bloddanks or he pays a high financial price.

Effective horror showing that a vampire doesn't need a cape and fangs to be scary. This is the very banality of evil in action. But an evil which has been visited upon these Vampires, the great pain demands blood. Director Roxy Shih has created an interesting addition to the Vampire Film Canon. 7/10. On Horror Channel.

Painkillers: A new take on the Vampire Mythos. Opens with a woman being attacked by another (crazed) woman in an alley. The victim's wrist is cut with a knife and the assailant starts to drink her blood. Surgeon John Clark (Adam Huss) is involved in a car crash in which his son is killed. Physically he recovers but for no apparent reason he suffers from great physical pain. He meets a stranger, Herb Morris (Grant Bowler) who offers a solution to his suffering - blood. Clark dismisses this but his debilitating condition makes him realise that blood is indeed a palliative.

The film convincingly portrays the breakdown of a surgeon, the only way he can stop shaking is to ingest blood. But when he returns to work he is caught drinking waste blood after an operation. A doctor of course would have access to the hospital blood store but eventually discrepancies would be noted. These vampires operate in daylight and are not deterred by garlic or crosses, nor do they possess eternal life, but to function "normally", drinking blood is a necessity. Morris offers to supply Clark but it's at a cost, either he joins in hunting society's pariahs and using them as bloddanks or he pays a high financial price.

Effective horror showing that a vampire doesn't need a cape and fangs to be scary. This is the very banality of evil in action. But an evil which has been visited upon these Vampires, the great pain demands blood. Director Roxy Shih has created an interesting addition to the Vampire Film Canon. 7/10. On Horror Channel.
Reminds me of the so called research currently being done iIRL - having blood transfusions from young people to aging people in search of the fountain of youth.

Reminds me of the so called research currently being done iIRL - having blood transfusions from young people to aging people in search of the fountain of youth.
Apparently, that has had some results.

Recipients de-age by 27 minutes?
Ha ha, no - but older people who get a transfusion of blood from a young person can get the benefit of faster healing and a feeling of vitality.
They may also look a little younger.
However, there is conflicting evidence about this:
For: https://stm.sciencemag.org/content/6/238/238ec95
Against: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/fda-issues-warning-about-young-blood-transfusions/

My Dad had a few blood transfusions over the years, and he reported feeling a lot better when he'd had it done. But he was anaemic... so of course he'd feel a benefit.

That looks great!

Ha ha, no - but older people who get a transfusion of blood from a young person can get the benefit of faster healing and a feeling of vitality.
They may also look a little younger.
However, there is conflicting evidence about this:
For: https://stm.sciencemag.org/content/6/238/238ec95
Against: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/fda-issues-warning-about-young-blood-transfusions/

My Dad had a few blood transfusions over the years, and he reported feeling a lot better when he'd had it done. But he was anaemic... so of course he'd feel a benefit.
I also understand that you can have allergic(?) reactions to blood transfusions, which in a life or death situation would be a reasonable risk, but just for unproven effects is questionable.

I say, stop trying to be younger. People are afraid of aging and losing control of their lives. Our society has not helped with its selfish culture of "look after yourself and take what you can". That's our vampirism.

Rarely watch horror movies these days, found the DVD of this in a charity shop a while back and it looked amusing for a quid.

DVD rather usefully came with no subtitle track and two choices of audio both of which were Norweigan, managed to download a sub track for it which crapped out on me 2/3 of the way through lol or it may have gone sooner and I didn't realise as you hardly need it.

Totally stupid but good fun and very creative.

Rarely watch horror movies these days, found the DVD of this in a charity shop a while back and it looked amusing for a quid.

DVD rather usefully came with no subtitle track and two choices of audio both of which were Norweigan, managed to download a sub track for it which crapped out on me 2/3 of the way through lol or it may have gone sooner and I didn't realise as you hardly need it.

Good news, there is a Dead Snow 2!

The haunting of Borley Rectory.
Got this as a gift after one of the kids saw it in Morrisons and knew of my interest in the whole Borley scene, Rectory, church and Harry Price. (We drove up to the church on a couple of occasions as it isn’t too far from home). Anyway this was very poor, nothing to do with the original story, bad dialogue and poor acting. Give it a miss.

Got this as a gift after one of the kids saw it in Morrisons and knew of my interest in the whole Borley scene, Rectory, church and Harry Price. (We drove up to the church on a couple of occasions as it isn’t too far from home). Anyway this was very poor, nothing to do with the original story, bad dialogue and poor acting. Give it a miss.
Is that the newish one with him from League of Gentlemen in it?

Last night we watched Astral, which is a fillum about astral projection. Dunno if it's been mentioned yet on'ere.
The introduction said it was based on real events (or near as dammit) and recommended people didn't try this themselves.

Techy reckons it was accurate. He knows a lot about the subject so I'll take his word for it.

Anyway, it's a nice spooky movie with some scary moments.

It's not exactly dialogue dependent.

I was looking at this in ASDA for £3 and wondered if it was any good, thanks for this, I will steer clear

Thanks to Ogdred Weary for steering me here

Under the Skin {sorry if it has been mentioned already} is a really good film, in my opinion. Different from the book.The book makes it clear what Scarlett Johansen's mission is all about. There are some great scenes in the film that are not in the book. This makes me wonder if it is the first film I have seen which is better than the book.The sound track is incredibly unnerving.

Very much looking forward to Robert Eggers' (The VVitch) latest film, The Lighthouse with Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson. I've been thwarted in pursuit of a trailer, as there's some confusion - apparently another film just released with the same name. Seems Cannes adores the Eggers film, and I'm a fan of Pattinson since his turn in The Rover. Dafoe just goes without saying.

Will keep alert for trailer and updates.
Article: https://www.indiewire.com/2019/05/the-lighthouse-eggers-pattinson-dafoe-first-reactions-1202142697/
D42BEbNXoAI7s_O.jpg

The Midnight Meat Train (2008): Serial Killer film which segues into very dark Horror. Bradley Cooper is a photographer who likes to take snaps of the mean streets, going into the subway he saves a woman who is being attacked. But she subsequently disappears. In fact a serial killer is operating on the subway. The police ignore Cooper's evidence and he attracts the attention of the killer, Vinnie Jones. Cooper's partner Brooke Shields fears that he is obsessively seeing connections where none exist.

Mostly filmed on dark streets, the subway, trains and an abattoir. Disturbing shots of victims being hunted along the subway train carriages, killed with mallets, hung by their heels. Terrifying scene where Cooper hides among cattle carcasses as he is pursued by a cleaver wielding Jones. But this more than just a tale of quitidan horror, an ancient evil is revealed which has been kept secret by a centuries old conspiracy. Not for the squeamish but director Ryuhei Kitamura has created a satisfying gorefest based on a Clive Barker story. 8/10.

Back