• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Listened to a podcast about this mystery recently (I think it was on Astonishing Legends). Good listen, they had a guy on who really researched it.

Listened to a podcast about this mystery recently (I think it was on Astonishing Legends). Good listen, they had a guy on who really researched it.

Link?

Thanks for posting that. The story as recounted on this thread so far does not mention that the light was not seen in good visibility by a passing ship, although that was one of my memories of the story. Mike dash's account does mention it, however - the ship was the Archtor. "The Archtor reached Leith on the 18th, but the captain did not report until the disaster had been discovered."
Corrected link - this one works:
https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/7bb090_3f4c6a6113bc436ab084c83b7d098f1e.pdf

How about: "it's bad enough that I can't even muster the energy to explain how and in what ways."
Ok, visually it looks good apart from wobbly vision, buy a tripod guys. The acting is good but it’s the story that really lets it down. It’s trying to be some sort of deep, dark thriller but it fails. There are too many times when illogical things happen. Things are introduced and then ignored when they should still be present. For something that used a lot of it’s publicity talking about Flannan Isle it essentially has nothing to do with it. An unnamed lighthouse at a time which is apparently 1939. I shan’t be watching it again and they habe queered the pitch because if someone suggests making a real movie about Flannan Isle the inevitable answer will be that it has been done and it failed so why bother. It does claim to be inspired by true events, the only similarity is three lighthouse keepers disappear.

Brilliant American accent too, he's so good at it he even uses it when he's not acting.

I think dear Gerard struck it lucky with 300 and has not really found his feet since. He has that air of someone who can't really believehis luck, who feels he might be rumbled at any time. I saw him in an American film years back with Billy Connelly{excuse spelling}some time travel nonsense, not even straight to DVD but straight to TV. It should be in the Worst Film Ever thread, but I forgot about it. I do love Billy Connelly, though,but not so much in films.

Don't forget Gerard's breakthrough was playing Dracula! He was better than the one in Blade Trinity, anyway.

Back