• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Exclusive! U.S. President: The Moon Is Part Of Mars

stu neville

Commissioner.
Staff member
Those who follow the Wotsit-In-Chief's Twitter feed may already be aware of this. Either it's the cutting-edge scientific scoop of the century, or he's off his meds again.
IMG_20190607_192206.png

"...Mars(of which the Moon is a part)..."

I know this is fringing on the political, but it's my call in the end, and it's justified - the Democrats state their view:
Screenshot_20190607-190943_Twitter.jpg

Amazing.

LOL
The President just worded it poorly, I think. Perhaps he meant to type:
'They should be focused on the much bigger things we are doing (of which the Moon is just a part) - such as Mars, Defense and Science!'

It's important we get to Mars as quickly as possible - poor Matt Damon has been stuck up there for ages.
You need to get your donkey to Mars.

Those who follow the Wotsit-In-Chief's Twitter feed may already be aware of this. Either it's the cutting-edge scientific scoop of the century, or he's off his meds again.
View attachment 17897

"...Mars(of which the Moon is a part)..."

I know this is fringing on the political, but it's my call in the end, and it's justified - the Democrats state their view:
View attachment 17898
Amazing.
72,600 people have replied to his tweet at the moment. I think his tweet is representative of the scientific ignorance among US citizen which is easy to find on the internet. A typical example is the Godlikeproductions forum.

If he had written that the Moon was part of Earth he could have garnered the same ridicule and still been correct!

And President Trump correctly capitalised the first letter of Moon (twice), where the DNC War Room erroneously left it lowercase.

And President Trump correctly capitalised the first letter of Moon (twice), where the DNC War Room erroneously left it lowercase.

Yup, but he also capitalises 'science' and 'defense'; given Mr Trump's love of upper case, it's maybe not surprising that he gets one in the right place occasionally.

But, seriously - if I were to state that the marquess of Bute was a double decker bus, would the two errors contained within that statement really be comparable?

As Vardoger suggests, scientific ignorance is a very serious issue - one which predates Trump - and the addressing of which should be of apolitical interest. (I was going to say that he's arguably a product, rather than a cause - but I suspect that in a man as powerful the two elements are unavoidably intertwined.)

Yup, but he also capitalises 'science' and 'defense'; given Mr Trump's love of upper case, it's maybe not surprising that he gets one in the right place occasionally.

But, seriously - if I were to state that the marquess of Bute was a double decker bus, would the two errors contained within that statement really be comparable?

As Vardoger suggests, scientific ignorance is a very serious issue - one which predates Trump - and the addressing of which should be of apolitical interest. (I was going to say that he's arguably a product, rather than a cause - but I suspect that in a man as powerful the two elements are unavoidably intertwined.)

Just pointing out, you know.

Trump often gets stick for being only semi-literate, but it looks like he was trying this time!

No, we're not getting into U.S. politics.

The thread topic is narrowly that it has seemingly been claimed that the moon is part of Mars.

Please stay with that.

It may make sense to go to Mars via the Moon or Moon orbit.
Yes, this makes a lot of sense. Most, if not all, Mars missions that are in the planning stage include some degree of In-Situ Resource Utilisation (ISRU) where material from Mars is collected an processed to provide resources for the journey home. The plan is to test ISRU on the Moon first, by excavating regolith (and possibly water) there. In this way a series of missions to the Moon would be necessary practice for a mission to Mars.

Trump may be an idiot, but he may have gotten this right.

I think at this point it would be appropriate to congratulate everyone on avoiding reference to full time double entendre and occasional planet, Uranus. I know from personal experience that the sheer physical and mental effort in resisting reference to Uranus at times like this can place an almost intolerable strain on the individual. The particular circumstances we now find ourselves in make this abstinence all the more remarkable.

Uranus has no part to play, it is neither part of the Moon, or Mars - we should leave President Trump, and, for that matter, the other large astronomical bodies mentioned, out of it.

Well done. I'm proud of you all.

I think at this point it would be appropriate to congratulate everyone on avoiding reference to full time double entendre and occasional planet, Uranus. I know from personal experience that the sheer physical and mental effort in resisting reference to Uranus at times like this can place an almost intolerable strain on the individual. The particular circumstances we now find ourselves in make this abstinence all the more remarkable.

Uranus has no part to play, it is neither part of the Moon, or Mars - we should leave President Trump, and, for that matter, the other large astronomical bodies mentioned, out of it.

Well done. I'm proud of you all.
You and Uranus! Pfft! I dunno.

Yes, it's our country's and we're deeply embarrassed about it because we can't control it.. The planet of course. It's the biggest most magnificent planet in the Solar System; it is actually bigger than the Sun.
:mute:

Last edited:
Yes, it's our country's and we're deeply embarrassed about it because we can't control it.. The planet of course. It's the biggest most magnificent planet in the Solar System; it is actually bigger than the Sun.
:mute:

And is also flat.

And square.

Back