• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Masonica

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
You know when you're walking down the high street and you spot a full on Masonic initiation kit in the window of a shop in Cromer? .. I had to buy it .. £27.50 !? ..

I've just bought a genuine vintage Free Masons initiation kit, white calf/lamb leather apron, blue fabric surround with logo and metal tassles, white gloves, medal, a leather embossed rule book with the free masons logo on it and tons of other ephemera from dinner menus for secret events to yearly members only stuff and private letters .. wow .. I don't even know where to start except to tell as few people as possible (apart from the entire internet) .. the masons hate stuff leaking out and I could even have authority come to my house to this day to 'retrieve it' .. and yes, some of the pictures are out of focus ..

masons01.jpg

Supulchre clasp ..

masons02.jpg

.. rolled up a trouser leg to get into the spirit of things .. the white gloves came with it also

masons03.jpg

masons092.jpg

masons04.jpg

masons05.jpg

masons06.jpg

masons07.jpg

nice leather embossed with masonic logo rule book

masons08.jpg

meet up menu

masons09.jpg

masons091.jpg

masons093.jpg

masons094.jpg

Last edited:
And to be quite frank, the menu for the festive board isn’t very exciting.

What sort of apron is it? .. (apart from a stupid looking one)
Fellowcraft.
And before you knock our silly dress please understand we are essentially a charitable organisation. If you or people you love or care about are ever diagnosed with a brain tumour and sent to the cyber knife unit at St Bart’s in London be aware that for the first time ever we couldn’t buy it outright and took out a multi million pound loan to buy and install it. I was one of the guys who contributed, personally in a small way, to repay that loan over a number of years.
Also, and again, for a number of years Masonry was the single biggest organisation contributing annually to breast cancer research.
I like to think that our contribution enabled my wife to survive a disease that is endemic and is rapidly affecting 10% of women in the U.K.

And if you (are male) and are ever expected of having prostate cancer, please wear the apron to protect your dignity whilst the doctor sticks his finger up your jacksie as we are collectively raising a lot of money for prostate cancer research.

We don’t actually ride goats and pray to the devil; we just get a bad press!

Last edited:
Fellowcraft.
And before you knock our silly dress please understand we are essentially a charitable organisation. If you or people you love or care about are ever diagnosed with a brain tumour and sent to the cyber knife unit at St Bart’s in London be aware that for the first time ever we couldn’t buy it outright and took out a multi million pound loan to buy and install it. I was one of the guys who contributed, personally in a small way, to repay that loan over a number of years.
Also, and again, for a number of years Masonry was the single biggest organisation contributing annually to breast cancer research.
I like to think that our contribution enabled my wife to survive a disease that is endemic and is rapidly affecting 10% of women in the U.K.

And if you (are male) and are ever expected of having prostate cancer, please wear the apron to protect your dignity whilst the doctor sticks his finger up your jacksie as we are collectively raising a lot of money for prostate cancer research.

Admit .. you'd love to try it (the apron) on just for a laugh anyway .. I won't judge you, they will but I won't ..

Fellowcraft.

So when the masons aren't building their hierarchy through nepotism and favours to mates through sometimes law 'side stepping' back handers, they're also doing valuable charity work like The Round Table. Respect. Fair play.

According to this link below, and thank you for telling me it's a Fellowcraft apron, it looks like it's a Master Mason apron ..

amason08.jpg

https://titirangimtalbert.weebly.com/titirangi--mt-albert-lodge-204.html .. I've got his name on a few documents but I won't repeat it here .

"In Freemasonry, a Master Mason is a member of the fraternity who was made an Entered Apprentice Mason, then passed to the degree of Fellowcraft, and - finally - raised to the degree of Master Mason. "Master Mason" is the third - and final - degree in Freemasonry."

Masonic left trouser leg rolled up initiation has a parallel with the 90's hip hop 'ghetto leg', left trouser leg rolled up btw .. on a side note

https://classichiphopmagazine.com/a...ashion-why-did-ll-cool-j-roll-up-his-pant-leg

Last edited:
If offered the choice between hanging-at-low-tide or playing sniff-the-slipper, I think the former involves less suffering. :actw:

My dad was a mason & used to disappear off once a month with his regalia. I have his ring with the set square symbol on a garnet stone. I went through a phase of wearing it years ago & was surprised how many people picked up on it.

I was in a guitar shop & one of the sales guys came up & said "I see you're on the square". Not the sort of place you might expect it. I didn't have the knowledge or story planned to bluff it - hadn't thought that far ahead - but I did wonder if I missed out on the opportunity to get a Telecaster or Gibson 335 at a bargain price for 'one of the boys'.

Admit .. you'd love to try it (the apron) on just for a laugh anyway .. I won't judge you, they will but I won't ..
I led you astray, it’s an age thing, it is a Master Masons Apron, not a fellowcraft. Lots of symbolism contained in that, but I grew out of mine when I advanced in the craft.

So when the masons aren't building their hierarchy through nepotism and favours to mates through sometimes law 'side stepping' back handers...
Common misconception by people who know little about what we do, next you’ll be accusing us of hunting down and killing sex workers in Whitechapel to protect doolally members of the royal family.
This will make everyone laugh when we have our next get-together with the illuminati.

Last edited:
I didn’t lie, it was a genuine mistake after a long day at work, a few beers in London with my (non-Masonic) son (because the trains were up the wall). And as I said, being the wrong side of 55.
Jesus .. I've just misread that as "SS" LOL .. kudos for being the first non corrupt Mason I've ever met though and joking aside, the Masons do do a lot of amazing work for charities as well. We have a lodge in Sheringham that the Mason's allow the public to use for various fund raisers (when they're not sacrificing goats to he who walks backwards obviously) ..

An ex boss who I'm still friends with is in the gang. I said to him one day "I didn't know you were a Mason!" .. he said "Are you as well?" .. I said "No, I just recognised the logo on that diary you've taken out of your pocket a moment ago". he's a booster so to speak who helps people develop their confidence. My mate's daughter's working for him at the moment. He wears a turban so I think we can safely say the Masons aren't racist white only people like some people say either ..

You can all be a shifty bunch when you want to be though .. so can I so I know what I'm talking about.

Either way, does that handshake thing still get used with two fingers (I think) on the other's wrist or is that all crap?

Last edited:
There's an interesting series on (contemporary) British Freemasonary on Netflix at the moment. In one sense it's terribly dull (lots of focus on individual people who aren't, for the most part, very interesting), but in another it's quite good: it was made with the full co-operation of the oranisation and shows a great deal of their day-to-day activities.

It's almost a publicity piece, but the footage is actually very good.

So is Phil the Greek still the Grand Master ?

I used to be a lady Freemason. It was very dull, and up to Master Mason level, very few of the secrets are not in the public domain.
If anyone wants to buy my old kit for a ton of money I’m happy to part with it....

I used to be a lady Freemason. It was very dull, and up to Master Mason level, very few of the secrets are not in the public domain.
If anyone wants to buy my old kit for a ton of money I’m happy to part with it....
There's tons of Masonica on ebay so it seems like I'm probably not going to make a fortune selling my kit on .. the socks on page two in this link are selling like hot cakes though ..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...0.H1.Xfree+mason.TRS0&_nkw=freemason&_sacat=0

Either way, does that handshake thing still get used with two fingers (I think) on the other's wrist or is that all crap?
Nah they use their dues cards.

I used to be real interested in Masonry when I was younger. Found the ones I knew to be splendid fellows and all. Unfortunately atheists aren't allowed so I went on.
Did get a nice collection of books however.
It's interesting how they take the approach to secrecy. They seemed to fall on two sides. On the one they refused to say anything. The others wouldn't tell you themselves, just point you to where you could find it. Like Duncan's Monitor and Ritual Guides.
The former felt doing so violated the spirit of the promise.

Back