• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Guardian Angel Whilst Recovering From Cancer

M C Sanders

Fresh Blood
I am not particularly religious and I use to have no supernatural experiences to relate; they just did not happen to me. Then, a few years ago, a very potent incident did happen to me.

I am a lady in her fifties and during a normal health check I was told to my horror that I had breast cancer. The doctors told me that my right breast would have to be surgically removed and I would then need a course of chemotherapy and radiotherapy.

Fortunately, the operation went well. However, then, I began my course of chemo and within a few weeks my hair fell out and I had to wear a wig.

I started to feel very low.

Fortunately, during my chemotherapy treatment my nieces and nephews visited me a lot. On one occasion, my two nieces, Becky and Kate, visited me with Becky’s four-year-old son, Louis.

Louis was tired and he went to sleep in my spare bedroom whilst the three of us, Becky, Kate and me, chattered in the lounge. When Louis woke up, he ran through to us and he said, ‘I saw granny in a dream.’

The three of us instantly stopped talking and froze. Strange, although Louis’ two grandmothers are still alive, the three of us knew he meant my mother, his great-grandmother, who died 18 years ago. We never for a moment thought he meant anybody else.

Louis was not phased by his dream at all and he just started playing with his toy cars that I keep in the flat for him. Becky, Kate and me stared at each other in silence; we did not want to talk about Louis’ statement in front of him in case it spooked him.

The rest of the visit pasted without incident.

However, when my two nieces and Louis were leaving, I was helping Louis to put on his jacket in the hall when I glanced from the hall into the kitchen where I saw a very bright white light. I did not say anything to Louis, Becky or Kate as I did not want to scare them. I continued to help Louis on with his jacket and as I was buttoning it up, I glanced again into the kitchen for a second time and the light was still there!

I was not scared or anything. I turned to Louis, Becky and Kate and kissed them goodbye and saw them off on their journey home. Then, I turned back into my flat and I looked into the kitchen again, but, alas, the light had vanished.

I have never seen the light again, but from that time of seeing the light my spirits lifted and I was not scared about the cancer or the effects of the treatment. Fortunately, the treatment for the cancer has been successful.

However, I still distinctly remember that brilliant, bright light and I still feel a comforting, warm glow inside me when I do.

Carol Sanders.

Funny how the universe can offer a little comfort at times of crisis, just to keep you going. A dream, a little vision, an encounter with someone who can help or cheer you up, something like that. Even seeing a robin seems to bring a thought like, "Wow, was that significant?" Even if it's only random and down to perception, it does help.

My youngest daughter was pre-school when an imaginary friend started to visit her when she was playing alone. From the one sided conversation it seemed as if she was having a good old chin-wagwith her friend “Terry”. At that time there was no one in our family or social circles named Terry, but coincidentally my mother had a son about 8 years before me called Terry who was premature, survived birth but died a couple of days later.
My Dad was an Irishman born and raised in the country and it was his belief that we all have someone to look over us and that someone is a relative that had passed over.
After he died my sister took me to a medium for a private sitting for the two of us, she said things that were pretty spot on then casually mentioned he had met Terry and they were busy catching up.

I am not particularly religious and I use to have no supernatural experiences to relate; they just did not happen to me. Then, a few years ago, a very potent incident did happen to me.

I am a lady in her fifties and during a normal health check I was told to my horror that I had breast cancer. The doctors told me that my right breast would have to be surgically removed and I would then need a course of chemotherapy and radiotherapy.

Fortunately, the operation went well. However, then, I began my course of chemo and within a few weeks my hair fell out and I had to wear a wig.

Fortunately, during my chemotherapy treatment my nieces and nephews visited me a lot. On one occasion, my two nieces, Becky and Kate, visited me with Becky’s four-year-old son, Louis.

Louis was tired and he went to sleep in my spare bedroom whilst the three of us, Becky, Kate and me, chattered in the lounge. When Louis woke up, he ran through to us and he said, ‘I saw granny in a dream.’

The three of us instantly stopped talking and froze. Strange, although Louis’ two grandmothers are still alive, the three of us knew he meant my mother, his great-grandmother, who died 18 years ago. We never for a moment thought he meant anybody else.

Louis was not phased by his dream at all and he just started playing with his toy cars that I keep in the flat for him. Becky, Kate and me stared at each other in silence; we did not want to talk about Louis’ statement in front of him in case it spooked him.

However, when my two nieces and Louis were leaving, I was helping Louis to put on his jacket in the hall when I glanced from the hall into the kitchen where I saw a very bright white light. I did not say anything to Louis, Becky or Kate as I did not want to scare them. I continued to help Louis on with his jacket and as I was buttoning it up, I glanced again into the kitchen for a second time and the light was still there!

I was not scared or anything. I turned to Louis, Becky and Kate and kissed them goodbye and saw them off on their journey home. Then, I turned back into my flat and I looked into the kitchen again, but, alas, the light had vanished.

I have never seen the light again, but from that time of seeing the light my spirits lifted and I was not scared about the cancer or the effects of the treatment. Fortunately, the treatment for the cancer has been successful.

However, I still distinctly remember that brilliant, bright light and I still feel a comforting, warm glow inside me when I do.

Carol Sanders.
Thank you for posting. And very glad to hear you’ve recovered.

So glad the treatment has been successful and that you had such comfort in your hour of need. I can imagine your feeling a weight off your shoulders at the sight of the light.

I agree with what GNC said above, it's funny what the universe can help us with in our hour of need and if it's just down to our perception of events it doesn't make it any less special or meaningful. Thankyou for telling us about it. :)

Sollywos x

I needed open heart surgery not long back due to an inherited abnormality.

All went well - of course it did - how could it not with my morning nurse being named Lilith, my afternoon nurse named Israel, and my Physio being named Mohammed.

I was home six days later.

Carol Sanders.
That was comforting to read too.
So glad to learn of your recovery x

I needed open heart surgery not long back due to an inherited abnormality.

All went well - of course it did - how could it not with my morning nurse being named Lilith, my afternoon nurse named Israel, and my Physio being named Mohammed.

I was home six days later.

I am insufficiently well-informed to understand. I'm not trying to be derogatory, honest... but can you explain to the likes of me what the significance is of these three names, to the situation?

No worries Severs.

Lillith, according to the Hebrew, was Adams first wife. She was rejected because She wouldn't do what She was told, and wouldn't make a good wife. She was Strong.

Israel? Speaks for itself as another strong influence, as does Mohammed.

It boils down to personal perception really.

And really, what are the odds that you wake up, alive, after your heart has been stopped, held in a human hand for some time, then started again. To wake up with a tube down your throat, three drains in your chest and The Machine That Goes Ping! next to you, wacked off your scone on Hillbilly heroin and someone introduces themselves as Lillith, then another whose name means to prevail over, then 24 hours later, Mohammed walks in telling you to hug a pillow and cough.

Subjective perception Severs. Innit.

And Class A drugs...

Last edited:
Back