• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Oops! The Silly Mistakes Thread

Never heard of him.

Presumably Japanese?

American I think?

He makes a habit of lobbing cake into the audience, and also occasionally gets in a dinghy and crowdsurfs. IIRC he broken someone's arm doing that.

American I think?

He makes a habit of lobbing cake into the audience, and also occasionally gets in a dinghy and crowdsurfs. IIRC he broken someone's arm doing that.

Is his music any good? Or is he too busy for that?

Don't they kind of scratch and mix and speed up and slow down to make a new product?

I went to a scratching contest once. Clearly some of the guys had enormous talent at this rather narrow art, but it was bloody tedious and I just ended up getting drunk.

I thought it was more about their ability to "select" tracks - which most people can do themselves, I believe and in the olden days they had some skill in terms of syncing up the beats as it were. Apparently, there was hardware that was able to do that with CDs in the 90s. I do not get people going to "see" a DJ.

Some DJs do make their own music too. Like Norman Cook or David Guetta.

DJs play other people's records.

Producers make music.

Some people are both.

I exclusively play vinyl but I've never been a scratch fan. The folks who do that are called turntablists.

To me, a DJ is a person who has an above average knowledge of a single genre (house, techno, grime etc), or a wide variety of genres and the collection to go with it. A good DJ needs to have a knack for reading a dancefloor or a crowd. If you haven't got that you're in trouble.

It doesn't matter whether you're playing vinyl, spinning CDs, or managing a pre-selected playlist; and whether you're in an Ibiza club at 2am or at Grandma's 80th birthday party....you need to be able to spot what grooves are getting people moving, and what is bringing on the yawns.

Above all....the best DJs are invisible. It's not about you, it's about the music and the crowd.

Steve Aoki, David Guetta etc have made it all about them. Hence lobbing cake about like a twat.

The Australian A$50 note has a spelling mistake on it. Mind you, it took 6 months for anyone to notice.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-48210733

"Australia's latest A$50 note comes with a big blunder hidden in the small print - a somewhat embarrassing typo.
The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) spelled "responsibility" as "responsibilty" on millions of the new yellow notes.
The RBA confirmed the typo on Thursday and said the error would be fixed in future print runs.
But for now, around 46 million of the new notes are in use across the country. "

And I rather liked the final sentence.
"Phew. Now let's just hope we didn't make any typos in this artilce. "

Peppa Pig: Festival of Fun

it does sound pretty horrific.

oh wait. that wasn't the horror film?

Mind you, a combination of Peppa Pig + violent horror could be quite delicious. Anyone for a barbecued pork chop? :)

In February 2017 the Indian Navy lost its first nuclear vessel, a $2.9 billion submarine named INS Arihant, because somebody forgot to close a hatch before diving.

Pfft! We did that 138 years ago: A Victorian inventor constructed a submarine, and planned to sail it to Portsmouth to demonstrate it to the Royal Navy.

A storm blew up and the crew transferred to the towing vessel. The sub had been designed so that the hatch could only be closed from the inside. It shipped water and went down.

The sub was named Resurgam, Latin for “I will rise again.”

It didn’t.

maximus otter

Last edited:
I bet the driver experienced a few agonizing seconds of extreme "D'oh" as this slo-mo fiasco unfolded - provided she was paying attention at all.

Merkel fan accidentally grounds chancellor’s plane

Chancellor Angela Merkel’s government plane has been grounded by an excited fan who jumped out of her van to take a photo of it at Dortmund airport but forgot to put the parking brake on, and the vehicle rolled slowly into the nose of the jet.

Germany’s Spiegel Online posted a picture Tuesday of the low-speed collision with the Global 5000 jet and reported that the van driver was an employee of the airport.

The German air force confirmed in a tweet that Merkel returned to Berlin by helicopter Monday after her plane was damaged by a vehicle, but didn’t provide further details.

The accident is a headache the air force doesn’t need, after a string of highly publicized breakdowns of the aging government fleet causing delays for Merkel and others.

SOURCE: https://www.apnews.com/32150e10f217469795d1998d4d02961f

For years I got Megan Markle and Angela Merkle confused.
I pay very little attention to politics or celebrity news, and most often I'm only half listening while I do something else.

Imagine my surprise when the wedding was announced...

A condiment name translates badly into a dialect of the Cree language. This becomes apparent when Heinz try selling it to Cree people in Canada:

New Heinz condiment Mayochup has an unfortunate translation in Cree

After a run in the U.S., Kraft Heinz introduced Mayochup, a combination of mayonnaise and ketchup mixed in a single bottle, to Canadian consumers earlier this month.

The name seems pretty logical—though some would argue ketchonnaise would be better—but in certain Cree dialects it comes off as less than appealing.

To some, Mayochup can translate to “shitfaced” or “shit is on my face”.

Pakistan govt accidentally turns ‘cat’ filter on during FB Live
For government and law enforcement agencies, social media is the perfect getaway for quick responses and important announcements. However, in a major gaffe, the provincial government of Pakistan’s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa live-streamed an entire meeting by accidentally turning on the cat filter. With pink ears and cute whiskers, the ministers conducted the meeting online — leaving Netizens laughing out loud.

pak-kpk-cat-fliter-live-759.jpg

https://indianexpress.com/article/t...-fb-live-starts-laughing-riot-online-5782451/

l was on a coach this afternoon, trying to log in to the bus company’s free wifi. No joy, but at one point, among a palette of other choices, l was offered the option of logging in to:

MI6 Surveillance Van”.

:oops:

True story.

maximus otter

l was on a coach this afternoon, trying to log in to the bus company’s free wifi. No joy, but at one point, among a palette of other choices, l was offered the option of logging in to:

MI6 Surveillance Van”.

:oops:

True story.

maximus otter
Yeah, you really want to log in to that.

Back