• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Reading your post and reminiscences of a similar path!

Yea, great shout, likewise a 50s child and we were never rich, yet never poor.

Poignant, as I've been spellbound looking at some intrinsic photos from my contemporary upbringing in Glasgow.

Gladly share aforesaid thanksgiving and can only ponder... such as...

View attachment 18397
Yep - scenes such as that (and similar in some industrial parts of the Northern areas of the UK) are part of the reason I feel so very privileged.

Floyd1,

I spent time in the Middle East. And would have liked to visit Lebanon. Not so sure these days.
It is now the era of kidnapping Westerners. And places I visited may not be so welcoming after all the problems of the last twenty years or so.

INT21.

Floyd1,

I spent time in the Middle East. And would have liked to visit Lebanon. Not so sure these days.
It is now the era of kidnapping Westerners. And places I visited may not be so welcoming after all the problems of the last twenty years or so.

INT21.
That's true. I always felt very safe in Egypt and Israel though. The difference, especially at night (compared to England) was fantastic. Families of all ages out and no drunks/druggies etc. The odd rocket sent from Lebanon was a bit of an inconvenience, but it didn't happen very often.

Back