• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Nuclear Damage

so, I take it you find dr. Brandenburg's theory quite plausible? me, I'm not so sure these days, I'm only speculating that, for his career/livelyhood, he depends on several governmental institutions, including NASA/JPL, so he may just be helping to stop the public believing terraforming Mars is a realistic possibility, by publishing his research.. on the other hand, if some sociopathical government in the past did give orders to destroy all life on Mars, who or what would protect them from the truth? in other words, why is Brandenburg's work not 'classified'?

Last edited:
so, I take it you find dr. Brandenburg's theory quite plausible? me, I'm not so sure these days, I'm only speculating that, for his career/livelyhood, he depends on several governmental institutions, including NASA/JPL, so he may just be helping to stop the public believing terraforming Mars is realistic a possibility, by publishing his research.. on the other hand, if some sociopathical government in the past did give orders to destroy all life on Mars, who or what would protect them from the truth? in other words, why is Brandenburg's work not 'classified'?
I do entertain the idea that some form of nuclear cataclysm occurred on Mars a looong time ago, yes.
Maybe Brandenburg is right, who knows?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...-evidence-bizarre-theory-Nasa-conference.html

if he is right, and provides scientific evidence, like trinitite found by the curiosity-rover, all of it is pointing exactly in one direction and the only real lie that contitutes temporal stability is the estimate of time that has passed between Mars' pre-nuked and post-nuked state.. dr. Brandenburg keeps suggesting 'it' happened a long time ago (probably before perestrojka?). I think The Russians didn't do it and also The Chinese probably never bombed Mars in the past.. so, let me see, what kind of civilisation would have actually had the capacity to use two air-burst hydrogen-weapons on Mars in the past? also, why would they? also, how could they? all the olicharchs in this world can't fix the damage, because there won't be time to do that, maybe they have plenty of money to terra-form Mars, but they will not find the time they need, just like Earths' eco-system is running out of time.

Last edited:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...-evidence-bizarre-theory-Nasa-conference.html

if he is right, and provides scientific evidence, all of it is pointing exactly in one direction and the only real lie that contitutes temporal stability is the estimate of time that has passed between Mars' pre-nuked and post-nuke state.. (dr. Brandenburg keeps suggesting 'it' happened a long time ago, probably before perestrojka). I think The Russians didn't do it and also The Chinese probably never bombed Mars in the past. so, let me see, what kind of civilisation would have actually had the capacity to use two air-burst hydrogen-weapons on Mars in the past? also, why would they? also, how could they?
It may have happened around the time that humans moved from Mars to Earth.
Mars was 'the Garden of Eden' and 'God' cast 'Adam and Eve' out...

oh okay, so you don't hold NASA for a primary suspect, okay, excuse me, we probably read dr. Brandenburgs' implications in a wholly different manner, hahaha! today, The U.S. is just sitting there like a fat toad, feeding on their own, global, radio-active crap, nothing anybody can do about it.. (pinpointing to operation paperclip is not my style, we have other threads for that, but let me finish by wishing all you would-be olicharchs a gigantic 'dream on'!)

Last edited:
oh okay, so you don't hold NASA for a primary suspect, okay, excuse me, we probably read dr. Brandenburgs' implications in a wholly different manner, hahaha! today, The U.S. is just sitting there like a fat toad, feeding on their own, global, radio-active crap, nothing anybody can do about it..
What? Do you think the Americans tested 2 really HUGE nukes on Mars and kept quiet about it? Why would they do that?
It's probably less likely than the explanation I mentioned above.

when I feed that to duckduckgo, most of what I'm getting is Friedrich Nietzsche, zaratustra, you know
Yes, I know. I mentioned it because that video mentioned a quote by 'Frederick Niche'. I gave up watching at that point. If they can't get a detail like that right, what's the rest of it like?

yeah, but please, before you yankees drone-attack my house, like Edward Snowden, let me state that I am not a nationalist, I don't care whether the people that did that were/are americans! humanity did that, animals don't nuke planets with plutonium, because they know life is precious, as well as habitable atmospheres.
I've never been called a Yankee before. Probably because I'm a Brit!

so, I take it you find dr. Brandenburg's theory quite plausible? ...

I definitely don't.

... on the other hand, if some sociopathical government in the past did give orders to destroy all life on Mars, who or what would protect them from the truth? in other words, why is Brandenburg's work not 'classified'?

Please clarify what you mean by this passage. At face value it implies some "sociopathical terrestrial government" nuked Mars.

Brandenburg made no such claim.

Based on some creative connecting-of-dots with cherry-picked data from Mars probes he originally hypothesized the ancient existence of one or more natural "reactors" (akin to the one in Gabon) which exploded sometime in the distant past. This was back around 2010 / 2011.

As of circa 2014, he changed his stated hypothesis to claim the evidence pointed to an ancient Martian nuclear war rather than the explosion of a natural reactor site.

The key word in both cases: "ancient".

Under both hypotheses, he was suggesting catastrophic events far in the past - perhaps millennia before any earthbound party had the means to nuke Mars.

excuse me for not replying immediately, some unexpected visitor came to my house. I will correct the 'you' aspect with regard to Mythopoeika, I didn't mean to say 'you yankees' to you personally.. just a minute, please. done: I swapped 'you' for 'some', allright?

to EnolaGaia: I see, to be able to accuse some 'third party' of nuking Mars, one would need some evidence. that would be quite a problem, to visit Mars to collect trinitite, but I don't think that would be totally impossible.. if dr. Brandenburg would just be a lunatic with wicked fantasies, he would probably not be stopped from publishing by the government, unless he would act opposed to national interest, that is reality. that is why I asked, why is he not stopped from publishing, or why is his work not 'classified'? (about the 'terrestrial' aspect, you really wouldn't suppose Mars was nuked by an extra-terrestrial party, would you?)

Last edited:
indeed, 'ancient' is the keyword.. in several interviews and publications dr. Brandenburg only lies when it's about the time that has passed between the pre-nuked and post-nuked state of Earth's sister Mars. he will probably keep insisting that who or whatever used two air-burst hydrogen-bombs did that a looong time ago (that is why I joked: so, all that happened even before perestrojka, which did not happen in ancient history, but during my life-time).

Last edited:
What? Do you think the Americans tested 2 really HUGE nukes on Mars and kept quiet about it? Why would they do that?
It's probably less likely than the explanation I mentioned above.

why? well, I guess they just wanted to avoid Mars becoming a communist planet, space-racing there as fast as they could to help avoid the Soviets and Chinese colonising Mars, but this way NATO slammed the door shut for all humanity: now nobody can escape to Mars, while everybody's getting stuck in Earths crashing eco-system, not in the least caused by NATO-allies creating the Fukushima-drama, for instance.. plus, now that I've started to read your words more carefully, I don't believe 'who-ever' nuked Mars twice, just to test nukes, as dr. Brandenburg stated it, 'they' used huge mega-bombs 'as large as the empire state building' and the shockwaves they caused met on the other side of Mars.

Last edited:
it is so red, it will never change to the american ideal of democratic pluriformity and free market economy

Last edited:
it is so red, it will never change to the american ideal of democratic pluriformity and free market economy, so whether or not life on Mars was wiped out by JPL or even an extra-terrestrial party, at least everything out there living up to a communist standard is now dead, just like in The Netherlands, in the last elections there was no communist party available, anymore (CPN or later on NCPN).

I doubt there has been any life ever on Mars beyond possibly bacteria or, at the very most, a few tiny scraps of lichen.

I sincerely hope that humankind will colonise Mars at some stage and, given that humanity's natural and obviously preferred state is libertarian rather than totalitarian, I would expect us to export libertarianism to Mars instead of communism.

indeed, 'ancient' is the keyword.. in several interviews and publications dr. Brandenburg only lies when it's about the time that has passed between the pre-nuked and post-nuked state of Earth's sister Mars. he will probably keep insisting that who or whatever used two air-burst hydrogen-bombs did that a looong time ago (that is why I joked: so, all that happened even before perestrojka, which did not happen in ancient history, but during my life-time).

Cost of Minuteman III missile (for example): $50 million.

We know they work because we test them here on Earth.

Cost of sending something to Mars: $2.1 billion.

That’s like checking that your torch still works by airmailing it to New Zealand to have somebody press the switch.

maximus otter

We worry about nuclear accidents but seem to forget how many nuclear bomb tests were
done, over 2000 no one knows for sure, about 1000 by the US just look at the test sight on
Google maps or Earth, the biggest and there's no doubt which that is on Google is now
a tourist attraction. you will be forgiven for thinking you are looking at a pic of the dark
side of the moon.
:omr::reap:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...50cf40ba4ba7b!8m2!3d37.1164492!4d-116.1888707

Last edited:
what about Cydonia? surely, some'thing' built these structures?

Not sure if you're being serious or not.

Like many people, I was excited to see the "Face" and other structures, when first shown back in 76.
Subsequent much higher resolution photos though revealed the objects to be nothing more than eroded mesas and other natural geological structures similar to those found in the US "badlands".

... to EnolaGaia:

I see, to be able to accuse some 'third party' of nuking Mars, one would need some evidence. that would be quite a problem, to visit Mars to collect trinitite, but I don't think that would be totally impossible..

One would need evidence to reasonably accuse any party (real or imagined) of nuking Mars.

if dr. Brandenburg would just be a lunatic with wicked fantasies, he would probably not be stopped from publishing by the government ...

No he wouldn't, and in fact he wasn't.

... that is why I asked, why is he not stopped from publishing, ...

See your own logical explanation above ...

... or why is his work not 'classified'?

Being intimately familiar with the regulations and protocols surrounding secrecy, classification, and clearances I can assure you that bullshit (per se) does not constitute actionable grounds for classifying information or documentation.

... (about the 'terrestrial' aspect, you really wouldn't suppose Mars was nuked by an extra-terrestrial party, would you?)

I wouldn't, but Brandenburg would - and did - in suggesting Martians had nuked themselves into oblivion.

Could you please add a little summary of what the video is about, for those of us who can't watch it right now? :)

sure, it's just another Organic Slant video about the fukushima-disaster. It's been some time now, since 2011 and this organisation is getting better at it every time. this one especially, I think, gives an even more professional impression than some of the previous ones and clearly shows some opinion and also 'emotion' about the disaster. these are mainly samples out of news media, scientific reports and music mixed together in an impression of the current, global situation of radio-active fall-out from Japan. I uploaded this video, because it's quite easy to understand, if somebody without any knowledge of nuclear energy (or a child) would watch it, that person would get a clear impression, something's wrong and obviously it has to do something with Japan and also that problem has worldwide and far-stretching implications.

Last edited:
Not sure if you're being serious or not.

Like many people, I was excited to see the "Face" and other structures, when first shown back in 76.
Subsequent much higher resolution photos though revealed the objects to be nothing more than eroded mesas and other natural geological structures similar to those found in the US "badlands".

excuse me, yes, I was serious when I asked that.. I don't think natural erosion of rock formations combined with pareidolia could have caused the appearances on pictures that Cydonia Mensa did.

Last edited:
so, can I conclude that we should let dr. Brandenburg struggle on, trying to prove his theory based on scientific evidence, while I don't really believe ancient martian societies nuked themselves using typically american modern day weapons, only because maximus otter suggests this method would have been too expensive (and probably showed up in some budget somewhere) and EnolaGaia remains sceptic untill more evidence is available and blessmycottonsocks would rather believe that the complete destruction of Cydonia Mensa (and the rest of Mars' surface) was caused by natural erosion? I will be studying the brandenburg-case from now on, even though I'm not a scientist, but rather of a speculative hand, adding that I'm of strong suspicion that whatever was on Mars indeed wasn't destroyed by the Soviets or China, but probably by some other party. who would be a more difficult party to find evidence of, NASA/JPL or some 'ancient martian/extraterrestrial party'? I do like dr. Brandenburgs insinuations, because they point exactly the right way, except for one fundamental lie: that Mars was nuked to catastrophe some time very long ago, while it was probably (very likely) done after the second world war and before perestrojka.. another option would be to remain sceptic untill U.S. discloses on the issue and not believe Mars was nuked by anybody, after all, and hit the BS-button twice: dr. Brandenburg will never find trinitite on Mars, because nobody ever blasted it with air-burst hydrogen-bombs (he just THOUGHT recent Mars-images looked a bit like Nagasaki and Hiroshima) and, of course, it's very likely that if some ancient space-faring race had destroyed Mars, they would have also destroyed this world, being active in this solar system.

jeb.PNG

jeb2.PNG

Last edited:
sure, it's just another Organic Slant video about the fukushima-disaster. It's been some time now, since 2011 and this organisation is getting better at it every time. this one especially, I think, gives an even more professional impression than some of the previous ones and clearly shows some opinion and also 'emotion' about the disaster. these are mainly samples out of news media, scientific reports and music mixed together in an impression of the current, global situation of radio-active fall-out from Japan. I uploaded this video, because it's quite easy to understand, if somebody without any knowledge of nuclear energy (or a child) would watch it, that person would get a clear impression, something's wrong and obviously it has to do something with Japan and also that problem has worldwide and far-stretching implications.

Thank you for the explanation. I've neither heard of Organic Slant nor watched his videos before so I watched it just now, with a completely open mind.

First of all for the record I do tend to think that Fukushima was/(is?) worse than we were told. I think there were more issues (perhaps with contaminated fish etc) that might not have been told to the general public, for example. (I don't believe that the earth only has 5 years left because of it though!)

But.

I'm afraid to say I wasn't impressed with the video. For a couple of reasons:

1. The graphics (especially early on) have no source, no information about where there're from, leaving me to wonder if they're real or mocked up (take for instance the one showing the colouration that covers the globe - is it an estimate of something? An actual record of something that happened, or what? There's no context to it.

2. Later on the graphs seem to marry up a bit better with the audio - they're speaking about the plume of radiation that headed toward (and indeed reached) the West coast of America. But we're now... how many years? 8? Since the disaster, so I'm not sure what the purpose of showing that, is.

Also I have to admit I gave up near the end when the strange voice started talking about "Wormwood" or whatever. Sorry, but it just (to me) came across as very sensationalised, not the sort of video that I think helps anything.

Sorry I know that's not what you want to hear but it's just my honest opinion. I'd be interested to know what others thought of the video though, in case I'm spectacularly missing something.

I'm not a scientist either, but I think it's widely believed most fukushima-fallout has spread around the northern hemisphere in about 7 years.. you can't taste, feel, hear, smell or see radiation, but it's obviously very dangerous. everyday, normal people don't really understand what the problem is, but scientists do. I've posted this video by David Yates before in some other thread and he has a keen view on the situation and is also very worried, like most people would have seriously chosen other than nuclear options for their weapons and energy production, if they would have known what the consequences would be in case of an accident. also, radiation related cancer only shows up in the population after around 7 years, but in Fukushima, from 2011 on, mutant butterflies and other mutations are common.

here's an article that states that the entire Pacific Ocean was contaminated in just 5 years:

https://peakoil.com/enviroment/fuku...ean-and-its-going-to-get-worse/comment-page-2

Last edited:
Back