• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Nuclear Damage

this is another earthquake happening at the Dai Ichi site, brought to you by one of my favorite commenters Wheeping Willow2 4U, who watches and video-tapes the factory-online-cameras fanatically!

Last edited:
I vaguely remember, I was 15 years of age, and my mom tried to explain to me and my sister.. it was only very rare that my mother spoke to us in such a doomy voice, like death would be imminent.. now they call our territory EE-yoo (because they did everything they could to make it as disgusting as possible, as fast as they can). we weren't supposed to eat spinach and stuff grown in the fall-out (mainly iodine, but I suspect governmental institutions didn't really count other nucleides). my mother always had had a wart on her knee, but after 1986 it magically dissapeared..

she had it surgically removed, but it returned. she had put liquid nitrogen on it, but it returned and put all kinds of ointments on it, but all the time that wart came back, only untill after Chernobyl, it spontaneously dissappeared forever, hahaha! (this reminds me to mention that out of the 440 reactors worldwide, a 140 are in the EU! I tend to forget, because life is good out here, in summertime, sun shining brighter than ever and Fukushima is the worst incident ever with global implications, but to just warn everybody that dr. Helen Caldicott seriously advised to get to the safer side of the globe, the southern hemisphere, because in the first years dai ichi fallout is mainly distributed across the northern hemisphere)

Last edited:
Yeah, I sort of expected that :)

Nice one.

I keep a Dewar full in the shed just in case I want to flash freeze a rat or something.

such a treatment did work for a while, but somehow that wart kept returning, just like those 'klote-ratten'.. probably JPL/NASA nuked Mars for that reason, but the curiosity-rover mission proved even that method wasn't fully effective!

download.jpg

Mind officially blown.

maximus otter

I watched a lot of his youtube-videos and primarily I think it's very important somebody helps debunking Fukushima, but today I watched another of his videos, and Dana Durnford (with a close eye on the camera) declared that everybody working in nuclear industry should be killed, as in 'hung in the streets' and that one day his followers would get to the same conclusion and so on.. this is where I take my distance, he's not always like that, but sometimes he's just a war-monger and a very vengeful individual.. this is not between me and him, or between him and you: it's his problem and I keep a safe distance from now on, in every contact we had, during the last 2 years, he always would be very cautious about who I was and also being very friendly and welcoming when it was about alliance to 'rid the planet of nuclear'. obviously that won't happen, so imo he's just another obstacle to a solution and many times (more than once) 'preached violence'. apart from this, I would like to mention that out of sheer frustration almost everybody would turn to violent means, but a few pages back I distanced myself from the 'fukushima mass murder-case', not just in public, but also personally/spiritually, and I would like to keep it that way, no matter how much I dislike people 'looking the other way', that's no reason to violate their rights.. there's another famous RANTER on the fukushima-case, Kevin Blanch, but I've seen enough violence, for now.. on the other hand, I think D.D. is a true inspiration when it's about his work on the Canadian coast, counting species, and he surely deserves some credit for that, but goodbye anyway, proctologist!

(anybody interested can find Dana Durnford's 2016 video for themselves on youtube, called 'breaking down fukushima', I won't bother to upload it)

Last edited:
Chernobyl blew up in 1986. thirty tree years ago.

The fallout cloud drifted over to us pretty quickly and we were not allowed to eat Welch sheep due to possible contamination on the Welsh hills.

But that was it.

And we are still here.

Here are some details.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/how-chernobyl-made-welsh-sheep-16360676

INT21.

I only have vague memories of this from the time, but Mr Zebra (a few years older than me) told me that he remembers that sheep were affected.

But how does Chernobyl compare to Fukushima? A quick internet search finds the following:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Fukushima_and_Chernobyl_nuclear_accidents

1561918464341.png

According to this, total radioactivity released was:
Fukushima: 340 - 780 PBq
Chernobyl: 14000 PBq

Now of course this makes Chernobyl look to be much worse. However, I'm not going to claim to be a scientist by any stretch, but does the fact that most of the Fukushima radiation fell into the ocean mean that the effects could be worse than Chernobyl? (Even though the amount released is less)?

Plus also taking into account Fukushima is still releasing radiation whereas Chernobyl is (I believe) sealed off?

Is there a better way of comparing these?

miss Zebra, right now I can't give you a straight answer, I've looked at the wiki-page and I still can't believe this is happening to the world.. there's much information on both incidents, and people look at these from all kind of viewpoints, yelling all kinds of 'supposed facts' about the severity of the damage, but one thing's for sure: after Fukushima nuclear industry can no longer be considered a safe, cheap and environmental-friendly solution to the demand for energy and many industrial sites world-wide are in trouble, today.. also, the big question of where and how to store nuclear waste is a huge problem ('officially' we're at 88.000 tonnes of it). personally, I believed from march 2011 on that Fukushima is and is going to be 'the big one', taking down all life with it and it's likely most governments and industries aren't equipped, prepared and trained for such a disaster and are trying to manage the best they can. there's people saying it's FAR WORSE than the official graphs, and some of them believe they're being lied to by their governments and the IAEA, on the other hand there's people saying 'nothing's wrong, except the tragic tsunami in Japan and any resulting meltdowns, incl. fallout that could be compared to Chernobyl, nature will in time recover.. in the case of Fukushima that will take 1.5 million years, but eventually the radiation will decay. apart from direct contamination of the atmosphere (incl. a plume of isotopes) in 2011, the main problem in Japan is the enormous amount of stored waste-water in tanks that are corroding and the constant exposure of the ground-water that is in direct contact with the world's oceans. TEPCO tried to stop that specific process by building an underground ice-wall, but not much result, yet. I've mentioned before that the only 'luck' we ever had, was the fact that Chernobyl could quite quickly be contained, while Fukushima has been 'leaking into the environment' for more than 8 years now and causes massive pollution. again, I use an arbitrary means to estimate this, because who would trust anybody on the side of 'authorities' in this field (they've too much to hide, too much money at stake, apart from legal issues/claims for compensation) and also who would believe environmentalists preaching doomsday-prophecies, while it seems, right now, it's mainly a local japanese problem, without any far-stretching global consequences, like an extinction-level-event. we'll wait and see, but as I claimed all the time, this time it's the west (usa, france) who is responsible, not the soviets, and because of that fact, I can't be too sure about the amount of covering-up and bagatalisation that is happening. there are indications, that indeed the severity of the damage is covered-up. independent research sometimes brings different figures. one more point, I think it's a shame we're left in the dark about this, while most regulations/legislation with regard to nuclear industry was very, very strict about this before, TEPCO is complying to the law as much as they can on, for instance, this site http://www.simplyinfo.org/ and 99% of the people aren't nuclear scientists, while the other 1% is NOT saying much, anymore, these days, are they?

tepco.PNG

Last edited:
...[Welsh] sheep were affected [by Chernobyl]...

“...the doses from consuming sheep meat from each monitored farm range from less than 0.05mSv to 0.21mSv with a mean of less than 0.09mSv. The doses are considerably below the 1mSv per year limit established for members of the public exposed to radiation from routine planned exposure...”

https://www.food.gov.uk/sites/default/files/media/document/chernobylassessment.pdf

You’re at more radiation risk from living in Cornwall, yet it wasn’t a barren, unpopulated wasteland the last time l visited there.

maximus otter

“...the doses from consuming sheep meat from each monitored farm range from less than 0.05mSv to 0.21mSv with a mean of less than 0.09mSv. The doses are considerably below the 1mSv per year limit established for members of the public exposed to radiation from routine planned exposure...”

https://www.food.gov.uk/sites/default/files/media/document/chernobylassessment.pdf

You’re at more radiation risk from living in Cornwall, yet it wasn’t a barren, unpopulated wasteland the last time l visited there.

maximus otter

Lots of mutants there though.

maximus otter

I quite agree; I'm not scaremongering about nuclear power (I'd much rather have nuclear power stations than god-awful windfarms ruining the landscape). I was just playing devils advocate and asking the question of whether, seeing as Chernobyl had been mentioned, there was a possibility that Fukushima was actually worse (in which case the point that Chernobyl is no longer a problem, wouldn't be relevant).

That's all :)

adding that I'm of strong suspicion that whatever was on Mars indeed wasn't destroyed by the Soviets or China, but probably by some other party. who would be a more difficult party to find evidence of, NASA/JPL or some 'ancient martian/extraterrestrial party'?..

..I do like dr. Brandenburgs insinuations, because they point exactly the right way, except for one fundamental lie: that Mars was nuked to catastrophe some time very long ago, while it was probably (very likely) done after the second world war and before perestrojka..

View attachment 18444

View attachment 18448

After WWII, and yet no one noticed ?

INT21.

people on this world only developed nuclear arms that leave the exact same 'signature in Xenon' in the last century and aliens wouldn't use such dirty technology, leaving a planet dead for millions of years of half-time.. of course, people noticed, like dr. Brandenburg and the 'stretching of time' he does is about a factor 10.000.000 (he stated that these blasts on Mars occurred 250 mln - 500 mln years ago). divide that by 10 mln and you get something like the period I mentioned: 25-50 years ago..

Last edited:
I quite agree; I'm not scaremongering about nuclear power (I'd much rather have nuclear power stations than god-awful windfarms ruining the landscape). I was just playing devils advocate and asking the question of whether, seeing as Chernobyl had been mentioned, there was a possibility that Fukushima was actually worse (in which case the point that Chernobyl is no longer a problem, wouldn't be relevant).

That's all :)

I wouldn't agree Chernobyl is no longer a problem, but that's just opinion.

But Nils, people have been studying Mars for two hundred years or more.

No one reported anything but red rock. Even the 'canals' of Schiaparelli were a misinterpretation of the Italian 'canalli', meaning channels. Not canals as in water conduits.

But Nils, people have been studying Mars for two hundred years or more.

No one reported anything but red rock. Even the 'canals' of Schiaparelli were a misinterpretation of the Italian 'canalli', meaning channels. Not canals as in water conduits.

ah-ha, I guess THAT exactly was the moment when some completely paranoid administration freaked out and decided to exterminate whatever what was happening on Mars, but hell (=Hades/Voivod), I'm only 1 in some many people to believe such a thing (it seems).

welcome.jpg

[google-RECAPTHA! spot all the pictures with canals..]

Last edited:
I wouldn't agree Chernobyl is no longer a problem, but that's just opinion.

I perhaps should have worded my post better. I meant "no longer a problem" in response to INT21's post about '33 years on we're all still here"; I'd been trying to make a comparison between Fukushima and Chernobyl; in terms of radiation leakage Chernobyl was far worse than Fukushima (as you can see from my earlier post) but, as INT21 pointed out "we're all still here" - so, the idea that Fukushima is going to kill us all within 5 years kinda doesn't make much sense (to me anyway).

But we all have our own opinions and that's fine. :)

How big a problem do you think Chernobyl still is? (And compared to Fukushima)?

I answered that same question (as well as I could, using arbitrary means) a few posts back, miss Zebra.. in reality, I don't think nuclear fall-out is a problem at all, it will only end life on the planet in a relatively short time-frame and will only cause temporary suffering of souls, while the rest can't procreate..

Last edited:
Back