• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Shit Thread: Excremental Discussion

pooh gift .jpg

I could have sworn this Japanese museum exhibition had been mentioned before, but I can't find any trace of it ...
Even poop is cute at Japanese museum that encourages play
Japan’s culture of cute makes no exceptions for poop. It gets a pop twist at the Unko Museum in Yokohama near Tokyo.

Here, the poop is artificial, nothing like what would be in a toilet, and comes in twisty ice cream and cupcake shapes, in all colors and sizes.

“The poops are colorful and come out nicely in photos,” said Haruka Okubo, a student visiting part of the museum devoted to all-important selfies. “The shape is so round and cute.”

In Japan, little poop-shaped erasers with faces and other small items have long been popular items collected by children, and sometimes older folks. As elsewhere, scatological jokes are popular and bodily functions discussed openly: a recent morning variety show by public broadcaster NHK featured tips on how to deal with farts.

Visitors to the museum get a short video introduction and then are asked to sit on one of seven colorful, non-functional toilets lined up against the wall.

Music plays as a user pretends to poop, then a brightly colored souvenir “poop” can be collected from inside the toilet bowl, to be taken home after the tour.

A ceiling-high poop sculpture in the main hall erupts every 30 minutes, spitting out little foam poops. ...

FULL STORY: https://www.apnews.com/c7be109d7ce84db2aba7eddc3fc8a854

are you perhaps remembering the Unicorn Poop Stool? :) I beg its pardon the Squatty Potty :) As show here with added Prince Charming, icecream and small children. ...

Thanks, but no ... I specifically recalled its being recent, having the same emphasis on cute little poop figures, and the museum's being named "Unko". I must have read about it earlier but never got around to posting about it here.

Has anyone here calculated the weight of poo sent down the sewers of their town every day ?

(Assume an average turd to weigh 500 Gram)

A town of fifty thousand people would result in a poo-load of twenty five thousand Kilo.

Twenty five Metric Tonne per day.

And the world population is ?

INT21.

I am surprised that the planet doesn't stink as much as it should.

Last edited:
My toilet uses nine Litre of water per flush. (yes, I have measured it. But no, I didn't weigh a selection of 'deposits' and come to an average weight).
So that's 50,000 x 9 or 450,000 litre of potable water sent, well, down the pot, every day just to keep those turds moving.

A very serious subject, really.

INT21.

Maybe, But every person that comes into this world adds to the load.

And every housing scheme requires serious examination of it's sewage addition to the system.

It all has to finish up somewhere.

INT21.

In order to preserve the environment I do not flush my Eartha Kitts and instead do drawings with them on various public walls, I am very civic minded, sharing a little of myself with others. Unless I've had ten pints and a curry, in which case it's a lot of myself.

People say your work is just a load of crap.

Have a poo on a £1million gold toilet!

Blenheim Palace set to install £1million gold toilet for visitors to use

goldloo.png

An 18-carat gold toilet has been plumbed into Blenheim Palace for visitors to use, but they’ll have to respect a strict time-limit.

The lavatory, created by Italian artist Maurizio Cattelan, will go on display at the Oxfordshire stately home in September.

The fully-functioning throne will be open for public use, but a three-minute time limit will be imposed to reduce queue times.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/worl...n-gold-toilet-for-visitors-to-use/ar-AAG0rgH?

When my kids were babies I couldn’t go near a nappy or puke without heaving, I tried, honestly I tried, but I would end up with a half cleaned baby lying on the floor whilst I was calling god on the big white telephone. Latterly when my sons wife started to produce I would do the grandad thing, offer to babysit then call one of my daughters round to assist with the nappies and any projectile vomit that may make an appearance.
Recently the wife has been incapacitated for several weeks after surgery to repair a triple fracture to the ankle; twice in that time the puppy has gone down with gastro-enteritis. Puke and shit in biblical proportions. My kids were rolling around with laughter and high fiving when they heard with lots of wisecracks about Karma.

This story could come under a few categories
'I hired a builder to fix my roof, but he had a POO on it instead'
He claims some was shoved down his chimney

By
Matthew LodgeTrainee Reporter
  • 05:00, 1 SEP 2019

A homeowner was left stunned and revolted after he discovered a builder he had hired to a leak had defecated on top of his roof.
The 38-year-old dad said he felt he'd checked out the company thoroughly before he hired them to stop a leak in his loft at his home in Skegness.
But he was horrified to discover one member of the firm's staff had left a large pile of faeces behind - and claims some of it had even been put down his chimney.
To make matters worse, the grinning culprit had his photograph taken doing the dirty deed - and then shared them with friends.
etc
https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/...s9Kzfyvf0L57JO7AJuce69GzYzZo6vW9QzC8LMiXaH-Y0

Here's a toilet seat that weighs you before and after you've had a poo .. not for sale, it's a concept seat

.. why not just poo on some scales like normal people?

https://awesome-things.com/toilet-seat-scale/

Obligatory Hitch-hiker's Guide quote :

"the fabulously beautiful planet Bethselamin is now so worried about the cumulative erosion by ten billion visiting tourists a year that any net imbalance between the amount you eat and the amount you excrete while on the planet is surgically removed from your body weight when you leave: so every time you go to the lavatory there it is vitally important to get a receipt. "

Back