• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Willard Library Ghost (Evansville, Indiana)

A

Anonymous

castleofspirits.com/willard.html
Link is dead. The website still operates, but no archived version of the MIA webpage exists there. Searching the site yields no trace of this story / material.

See later post for what was once there.

Interesting 'ghost' video stills - fairly recent, too.

Makes a change from orbs, anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Googled for more info and found this site

courierpress.com/ghost/
Link is dead. It leads to a newspaper site that does not maintain an archived version, and the site has not been archived at the Wayback Machine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me and my daughter spent hours looking at this webcam when we first got the internet (about 3 years ago) we even thought we saw a spooky figure once and saved the still and submitted it , don't know if its still in their achives but it was last time I looked.
(we also spent ages on that bloody Irish one that turned out to be a hoax :rolleyes: )

Edit: Its on page 3 of the 'proof' section, submitted Sept 4th 2000

There is a time lapse of about 10 minutes between each picture. It would be nice to know what was going on in the room during these intervals. Ten minutes is plenty of time for someone to wander in, absent-mindedly move some things around, and wander out again.

Still, that first picture does give me the heebie jeebies.

I used to love that ghost-camera! Then I came to think that all the spirits I detected were just digital artifacts.

There was one Sunday afternoon experience which startled me: horrible troll-like figures infested the children's library.

They were, alas, children! I had assumed the place would be empty on the sabbath! :actw:

This is one of the most memorable ones.
D77C5FF3-CC4E-4084-A230-387534062E79.jpeg

What is that? A small monkey? Or a stuffed toy?

The joy of those ghost-cameras is that they would refresh at one-minute intervals. A crawling infant could disappear or a stuffed monkey be replaced on the shelf and the morning would see a batch of fresh ghost-reports in the library!

The main library camera was set up to capture evidence of the haunting by a grey lady, iirc. It also picked up headlamps from passing cars or other varied illuminations. All of it compressed to tiny jpeg size with a lot of artifacts. Yet the Web was young and so were we, relatively that is . . . :sshot:

Last edited:
Back