• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

Been napping all day. Woke at 2 after dreaming I was holding my dear sweet puss in my arms as he died. My heart hurts, even 2.5 years on. He was the nicest friend I ever had, that cat.

Awww, he sounds great.

He was such a friendly little guy. Had the sweetest singing voice - that was what endeared him to my mrs at the shelter we bought him from. 17 years we had him. Almost the same amount of life as our marriage.

Saw the new Mad Men one-off special last night. Martin Landau was in it, and he got raised up to the office ceiling by blue flames, then propelled across the building until he fell down. Charlton Heston was there, with his signature line as he dropped to his knees: "You economic maniacs! You finally did it!" I don't want to say the office was open plan, but it stretched for half a mile at least. The model of it looked smaller, and it looked like a medieval castle from the outside.

I suspect this was my dream because I still haven't seen the new Deadwood.

I dreamed of a friend that I've not seen for over 30 years, For the sake of this, let's call her Cathy.
Cathy was the first serious girlfriend of my best mate back in my late teens/early twenties. She was a lovely girl, great sense of humour, intelligent, a little naive, somewhat troubled by her parents divorce, good natured and fun to be around.
When my friend and her discovered sex together, it signaled the end of their relationship as Cathy found her sexual awakening blossoming and also found her sexual appetite to be quite insatiable.
Our relationship was purely platonic and we remained friends despite her and my best mate breaking up. In time she moved in with a guy that we (our group of friends) all considered a resounding loser, sleazy, dishonest, a drug taker and with a job going nowhere fast.
After 12 months of living together and isolating themselves from friends and family Cathy and her new partner moved to a sizeable town out west and I never heard from her again aside from some nasty gossip saying she was with a new partner, had had an abortion and had contracted a venereal disease.
She was one of those people I always had hoped that life would have treated well and in my dream she and I were in a cafe (present day - she looking her age) having a coffee and she was telling me all was well. Although she was now divorced she had a couple of (adult) children and seemed happy.
Whilst this wasn't a hyper realistic dream akin to some of those I've written of in the 'Dreaming of the Dead' thread, I did wake with a slight feeling that somehow she was trying to get in contact.
I may do some online sleuthing and see what I can find (though sometimes some things and some people are best left in the past).

There's a theory about dreams, that they're all about yourself. Characters and situations in them are aspects of your own life.

I personally accept that my own dreams about long-lost friends are symbolic of what's going on now.

Like, I might dream about a childhood friend I've not heard of for years, and on waking realise that the little adventures we kids had back then were like the fun I have now with Techy on our bikes. It's my subconscious approving of our healthy exercise and innocent entertainment.

So maybe your dream about Cathy is really about some part of yourself that she reminds you of. Only you will know what that is.

You knew her when she was young and sweet, but her life took an eventful course due to both her own nature and some bad decisions, and if she's alive now she'll be an older and wiser person; but still the Cathy you knew as a young girl, when you saw some good in her.

(Must admit that if I'd had this dream I'd know EXACTLY what it was saying to ME. But it's not.)

l dreamed that l’d got cabbaged on whisky with my oldest mate at his house. For some reason l picked up a rifle and shot a neat, vertical row of bullet holes in his large window.

180⁰ away from anything l’d do in real life. The shooting bit, anyway.

maximus otter

Dreamt that I was back at school (arrrgh! a nightmare!). We were packing up for the day, and yet we left the classroom an absolute mess, then walked out to the bus stop, which overlooked the ocean. I thought it was odd that I could see the ocean, surely the bus stop was opposite suburban sprawl, and far away from the ocean? I ignored it all and continued talking to friends, none of whom I've seen since leaving school nearly 24 years ago...

It's been a while since I'd had a dream worth noting, until last night.

In the dream, my husband has arranged for us to view three houses for sale. This comes as rather a surprise to me, as I was not expecting to move at the moment. One of the houses was in our current neighborhood, on top of a hill three blocks away.

Now, this location does exist in real life, but the house in the dream was a product of pure fantasy. It was in a canyon of sorts, carved partly out of the canyon wall with the rest of the house built around the stone. It was an elaborate place, with three levels, many terraces, gardens, stained glass windows and all that.

I went alone to view this house. It was owned by a very friendly blonde lady and her very handsome husband (and I mean exceedingly handsome, to the point of being distracting). The lady was wearing a blue chambray shirt - this really stood out in the dream as if were meaningful for some reason. She showed me around all the levels of the house - the size of which was intimidating to me, but again, the lady was so nice, as if she were a long lost friend, and what's more, she kept talking as if it were a done deal that we would be buying the place.

This made me feel somewhat awkward as the house was priced out of our range ($300,000 in the dream, which is ridiculously low by real life standards, that house would be over a million at least!) but I didn't want to be rude and say so. She led me down some stone steps which were hewn out of the rock face into the lowest level, which appeared to be a chapel. It resembled pictures I've seen of the chapel at Durham castle in the UK. It was unclear why this couple had built this elaborate chapel, as they seemed to be more pagan than Christian, but I couldn't think of a polite way to ask about it.

When the tour was over, I told them we'd contact them about the sale very soon, and I knew we would, although I was quite confused about the whole thing.

Then I woke up.

This is all rather puzzling. The things that stand out are the three houses (being that I only saw one in the dream) the very specific location, the price of $300,000, the woman's blue chambray shirt, the exceedingly handsome man and the stone steps leading to the chapel.

I wonder what it means?

Last night I dreamt that I was in Millers- a cut price clothing shop.
There was a great crowd of people with sale items and then a murmur of consternation as the assistant announced they were no longer taking cash payments, only cards.

I dreamt about being in a school just casually wandering around then I was bitten by a borzoi when I accidentally stepped on it while it is sleeping in the yard. My leg was bleeding and I ran away inside the building where I was also being chased by 3 other borzois. I ran in the hallway and found a classroom where I could hide for a while. I can't get this out of my head because of the strong feeling I felt being hunted down by huge dogs.

Dreamt R2-D2 had a makeover and became a three-legged, War of the Worlds Martian war machine-style robot. Everybody was trying to treat him like he was still a cute little dustbin, but you could tell they were unnerved.

Dreamt that after a week or so away I'd come back to a semi-detached where I rented a room, where I stayed during the week for work. It was a large 1930's house with bay windows, there was a rather unkempt sloping front garden. I went in and found that the house had been completely redecorated while I was away; the hall for example now had grey plush wallpaper with a pattern of columns of pink diamonds, the pattern continued across the ceiling and the carpet in the hall had the same pattern (yes it looked hideous). I went up to my room and found that the door had been repainted in a brown wood-grain pattern. Going in I found the room had changed completely, brown woodwork, cream walls and Art Deco style furniture, none of which I'd seen before.

Missing were all my clothes and other possessions. I searched the drawers and wardrobe then dashed downstairs in case they’d been dumped in the bins. At the side of the house the previously ramshackle, wooden garage had been repainted in green, and three new garden sheds and a bin store had been put up against the end of the house – all were padlocked. I went back into the kitchen and ran into the young couple who rented the front downstairs room, I complained about the landlady, they said their room had been redecorated, but their belongings were still there. I went back upstairs, and finally thought to look under the bed, most of my stuff was there in a jumble. I decided that I’d sort it out later as I needed some things, and went out leaving the stuff where it was, it occurred to me that it would be months before I got round to sorting it properly.

I walked down into town, which had steeply sloping streets with Victorian or older buildings. It was a dull overcast evening in Summer. I met a friend and she wanted to show me something, we walked up an alley between two houses and came to a small park with alpacas and llamas grazing. I commented that we were a long way from Peru. We watched them for a few minutes, the I said I needed to get back and we’d meet again later. As I walked through the streets, I realised that I didn’t know where I was in relation to the house and that I couldn’t ask the way back because I’d forgotten the address. Then I realised that I didn’t know any addresses, and in fact I wasn’t sure where I live, or if I’d every rented the room the semi-detached house… At this point I woke up and for a minute or so didn’t recognise the room I was in, and where it was or whether I was in the house I’d dreamt about, or any other place I knew.

Everything clicked into place eventually, but left the impression I’d experienced some alternate universes.

I just woke up from an odd one....

I dreamed that I was best friends with Ron Swanson (of the show Parks & Rec) and was present for the birth of two of his kids. The first one, his wife called and we agreed to meet her at the hospital. She was in labor for 23 hours and he and I hung out, chatting with the hospital staff and such.

Next thing I know, it's a year later, he's with a third wife, and he gets a call. By the time we get there, the kid is already born, but he doesn't know that yet, so we hang out playing some video game. His wife comes in holding their baby and grills him about why he was sitting there playing video games with me when he should have been seeing his new kid. She sets the kid down on the counter...and it's some kind of old-school cell phone...of a style I've never seen before.

That's all, really.

It's been a while since I'd had a dream worth noting, until last night.

In the dream, my husband has arranged for us to view three houses for sale. This comes as rather a surprise to me, as I was not expecting to move at the moment. One of the houses was in our current neighborhood, on top of a hill three blocks away.

Now, this location does exist in real life, but the house in the dream was a product of pure fantasy. It was in a canyon of sorts, carved partly out of the canyon wall with the rest of the house built around the stone. It was an elaborate place, with three levels, many terraces, gardens, stained glass windows and all that.

I went alone to view this house. It was owned by a very friendly blonde lady and her very handsome husband (and I mean exceedingly handsome, to the point of being distracting). The lady was wearing a blue chambray shirt - this really stood out in the dream as if were meaningful for some reason. She showed me around all the levels of the house - the size of which was intimidating to me, but again, the lady was so nice, as if she were a long lost friend, and what's more, she kept talking as if it were a done deal that we would be buying the place.

This made me feel somewhat awkward as the house was priced out of our range ($300,000 in the dream, which is ridiculously low by real life standards, that house would be over a million at least!) but I didn't want to be rude and say so. She led me down some stone steps which were hewn out of the rock face into the lowest level, which appeared to be a chapel. It resembled pictures I've seen of the chapel at Durham castle in the UK. It was unclear why this couple had built this elaborate chapel, as they seemed to be more pagan than Christian, but I couldn't think of a polite way to ask about it.

When the tour was over, I told them we'd contact them about the sale very soon, and I knew we would, although I was quite confused about the whole thing.

Then I woke up.

This is all rather puzzling. The things that stand out are the three houses (being that I only saw one in the dream) the very specific location, the price of $300,000, the woman's blue chambray shirt, the exceedingly handsome man and the stone steps leading to the chapel.

I wonder what it means?

This is interesting when compared to this post that @James_H made in The Weird Tales From Reddit thread.
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/weird-tales-from-reddit.47527/page-14#post-1884246

She led me down some stone steps which were hewn out of the rock face into the lowest level, which appeared to be a chapel. It resembled pictures I've seen of the chapel at Durham castle in the UK. It was unclear why this couple had built this elaborate chapel, as they seemed to be more pagan than Christian, but I couldn't think of a polite way to ask about it.
Made me think instantly of this:

I dreamt that I weed all over the floor under my desk at work and although it was very loudly obvious what I was doing, no-one said anything. I also spilled red paint all over the work corridors but managed to clean it up easily, leaving no trace.

Odd.

I had a strange dream the other night. I was, for some reason, watching an American football game, in a stadium with Dolly Parton. The players did not wear helmets, and the opposition had to get the ball by punching the ball holder in the face.

Is this a new sport?

I had a strange dream the other night. I was, for some reason, watching an American football game, in a stadium with Dolly Parton. The players did not wear helmets, and the opposition had to get the ball by punching the ball holder in the face.

Is this a new sport?
Dodgeball?

Just woke.
Was in a country pub. Young girl behind the bar smiled as she handed me my drink. I asked her name. She said "Fyfyn*. Listen, I can't see you. I'm involved ... and there's marijuana."
I was nonplussed but we chatted for a bit. Small talk over, drink down, I'm out the door. My belongings are in a carry bag. Rain comes pouring down. I'm only in socks. I try to put on a pair of flip flops but socks don't accommodate the split required at the big toe.

That's it.

*Fyfyn pronounced 'fie fin'.

I dreamt that I weed all over the floor under my desk at work and although it was very loudly obvious what I was doing, no-one said anything. I also spilled red paint all over the work corridors but managed to clean it up easily, leaving no trace.

Odd.

As has already been pointed out, there's plenty of symbolism there to pick out. I'm sure you know what it all means.
We're not touching it with a bargepole!

Just woke.
Was in a country pub. Young girl behind the bar smiled as she handed me my drink. I asked her name. She said "Fyfyn*. Listen, I can't see you. I'm involved ... and there's marijuana."
I was nonplussed but we chatted for a bit. Small talk over, drink down, I'm out the door. My belongings are in a carry bag. Rain comes pouring down. I'm only in socks. I try to put on a pair of flip flops but socks don't accommodate the split required at the big toe.

That's it.

*Fyfyn pronounced 'fie fin'.
Maybe your next love interest will be called Fyfyn?

Just woke.

That's it. .

What do you mean 'that's it' - a young smiling girl. marijuana, you're out in the rain only in socks and 'that's it' ?!
I demand a satisfactory conclusion to your weird nocturnal imaginings.

Morning, dreamt that I was meeting my nephew who was in the forces in my dream. With me was his Mum and I got the impression my Mum was with us, anyhow, when I went up to greet him, I was smaller then him( I'm over 6ft tall and his about 5ft 10 ish). We went into a huge hall, loads of family were there and there were kids grabbing at my legs, I had to get away because there was something important I needed to do, but one kid wouldn't let go, managed to make them let go by tickling them. I got to a door, opened it .....then woke up!!!!
And this was with out taking my sleeping tablets!!!!

Back