• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Quest 10 pm tonight Mysteries of the missing.

Looks like there’s an article on a certain metal toothed vampire from Glasgow on the One Show any minute. Should be on iplayer later

They had a bit about the crying boy picture phenomenon yesterday.

It does make me wonder if we have a mole :reyes:

uk freeview channel 99 -Smithsonian channel- (i didn't even know this was a thing) starting tuesday 30th april

Mystic Britain, the Clive Anderson-fronted series revealing the secrets of Britain’s most mysterious sites.

Anyone in the UK been watching ghosts on BBC One from the horrible histories lot? If you’ve missed it, it’s on iPlayer.

The One Show has nicked another one of the FT's articles - the extreme perambulaters (the one in the mask who did a con job). Clearly at least one of their researchers/producers/pitchers/whatevertheyarecalled has a subscription!

The One Show has nicked another one of the FT's articles - the extreme perambulaters (the one in the mask who did a con job). Clearly at least one of their researchers/producers/pitchers/whatevertheyarecalled has a subscription!

… well they could have read Jan Bondeson's book, though the timing suggests it was the FT article what done it. I saw the item, and was waiting for Bondeson to get a credit. But they interviewed another researcher instead, didn't catch the name unfortunately.

Jan's sometimes on Radio 4, so he's available, One Show!

Speaking of The One Show, I was alerted to this report:
Scottish UFO

It's 15 minutes in and is about a 90s UFO abduction on the A70 between Edinburgh and Lanark. Textbook case too - so much so it sounds like total cliché. Warning: hypnosis involved!

FT got a brief mention on this episode of just a minute.
2AF2D99A-29DD-43BC-8DE1-3381945DC790.jpeg

Embrace Of The Serpent Film4 15 May 11.30 pm.

My impression back in 2016:

EMBRACE OF THE SERPENT: Literally a journey in to The Heart Of Darkness; or rather two journeys and a few trips. In 1909 Ethnographer Theodore Koch-Grunberg is on a mission up the Amazon. Seriously ill he seeks the sacred yakruna plant which he hopes will cure him. He is accompanied by a "Westernised" Indian assistant and also a proud Shaman who despises the ways of the white man. Thirty years later, another explorer, Richard Evans, meets the Shaman, Karamakate, and together they retrace the original voyage.

The film alternates between the two journeys; in the original the Indians have been enslaved by Rubber Tappers, and a "Rubber War" between Colombia and Peru has left many orphans. Some of these children have been taken to a missionary school by a crazed Capuchin. Thirty years later the school is the base of a deranged religious cult, complete with Messiah; Evans and Karmakate are mistaken for two of the Magi.

Truly great film, in monochrome, 122 minutes. 9/10.

The film Yesterday looks interesting. A bit sort of parallel universe kind of thing.

Description

‘Jack Malik is a struggling singer-songwriter in an English seaside town whose dreams of fame are rapidly fading, despite the fierce devotion and support of his childhood best friend, Ellie. After a freak bus accident during a mysterious global blackout, Jack wakes up to discover that The Beatles have never existed. Performing songs by the greatest band in history to a world that has never heard them, Jack becomes on overnight sensation with a little help from his agent.’

Good Omens on Amazon Prime(?) also mentions FT.

Oh yes that’s excellent. I’ve been waiting so long for it. I think the plan is it’s going to be on BBC eventually for those unprimed.

BBC World Service - Rasputin: The Siberian mystic who charmed the Tsar

Rasputin’s story is a familiar one – an illiterate Siberian peasant who managed to secure the confidence of the last Tsar and Tsarina of Russia, while indulging his legendary sexual appetite and love of hard drinking. Rasputin was so revered by his acolytes that they would collect his fingernail clippings, as if they were some kind of holy relic. When his extraordinary life was brought to an equally extraordinary end when he refused to die – murdered eventually in cold blood by a group of aristocrats – it unleashed the Russian revolution, and changed the geopolitical landscape in ways that still resonate today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3csyp4r

Wild Bill last night at 9pm ITV a Police drama with a dollop of comedy and a touch of gore,
I realise how she topped herself but cant for the life of me think how she did it, worth a look
if it's on catch up/itv player.

Wild Bill last night at 9pm ITV a Police drama with a dollop of comedy and a touch of gore,
I realise how she topped herself but cant for the life of me think how she did it, worth a look
if it's on catch up/itv player.

How about a spoiler alert?

Does that mean I have said to much or you want a bit more?

Does that mean I have said to much or you want a bit more?

You recommended people look for it on catch-up etc and then gave something away.

10 min in the naughty corner then before my next post.

:mcoat::parapet:

Sky Arts tonight...

Being Frank: The Chris Sievey Story

Steve Sullivan's documentary explores the life and career of musician and comedian Chris Sievey, who found relative fame wearing the papier-mache head of alter ego Frank Sidebottom

Sky Arts
10:00pm-12:00am

Back