• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

"Storm Area 51" (Campaign To 'Raid' Area 51: Sept. 20, 2019)

They would operate under military protocols. But yes that would make me even more nervous. ...

They would operate under military supervision, but they're not bound by certain restrictions pertaining to uniformed military services in the domestic context. This is why they can advertise the applicability of lethal force.

In any case, we're talking about top-tier security services - every bit as professional as the military's own security personnel.

They would operate under military supervision, but they're not bound by certain restrictions pertaining to uniformed military services in the domestic context. This is why they can advertise the applicability of lethal force.

In any case, we're talking about top-tier security services - every bit as professional as the military's own security personnel.
I still think that a contractor would not be able to do what a soldier could not. I was talking more about the policy and political fallout. We just don't want the military shooting at civilians if it's not proportional. Of course I expect that anyone who actually attends this event will bring a firearm - look at the conspiracy addict who went after that poor pizza place.

You have great faith in the military's contractors...

... You have great faith in the military's contractors...

If I didn't I wouldn't have spent over a quarter century working among them ...

so, I take it, with so many well-trained military contractors around and the army available, everybody will be pretty safe, right? surely, just as safe as the people in The little A'le'inn! (hardly any communists invading these days, this and that.. huncky dory, just fine, no problemo)
[yawn]
I was just thinking of basic necessities, like tents for shelter, medical posts and plenty of fresh-drinks, because it's in a desert-area (without any wi-fi). probably people will set up businesses quickly and will start 'camping out', expecting to stay for a couple of days and they would need to bring their own food and other requirements, so probably a helicopter-service might come in handy, to commute to and fro the nearest towns, in case of emergencies and so on.. quite inspiring scenario, bit like the refugee-camps north of Syria, with only the difference of prosperity.. oh, and of course in america people are free to leave the area (or what? wouldn't they be any longer after trespassing?) and return home, while people from Syria could not. I'd just let UNHCR take care of the situation.

CHEP-UNHCR-June-2014.jpg

Last edited:
(This and subsequent posts transplanted from the "Area 51-Type Places?" thread.)

hey, are we ignoring now the fact that 250k people will storm area 51 on Sep 20? :))) including Keanu, The Rock and the rest...

Last edited by a moderator:
hey, are we ignoring now the fact that 250k people will storm area 51 on Sep 20? :))) including Keanu, The Rock and the rest...
I thought the figure was now up to 1.1 million people?

any more celebs signed in for storming the place? :)

I thought Will Smith might be up for it seeing as he's been there before, kinda

Yikes. Might be a good idea to put that thread in limbo until the silliness blows over.

I'm serious. Lots of ideas in there that the droolers actually planning to show up that day won't think of on their own. They can cause themselves enough harm without help.

I wouldn't want anyone missing the fact this forum has always been at the forefront of fabulous Fortean foolishness. :reyes:

:domo: Go storm Area Fifty-One!
:dpoo: See the business end of a gun!
:nelly: Learn the limits of vacuous fun!

:fhtagn: This forum first thought of it, son! ...

I saw a Youtube video where a regular visitor to the area witnessed a couple of old ladies driving through the gate at speed. I have no idea what happened to them, but the Youtuber's reaction was 'wow - they're crazy'.

Was gonna post this video, would love to know what the story was and what happened to them.

I wouldn't want anyone missing the fact this forum has always been at the forefront of fabulous Fortean foolishness. :reyes:

:domo: Go storm Area Fifty-One!
:dpoo: See the business end of a gun!
:nelly: Learn the limits of vacuous fun!

:fhtagn: This forum first thought of it, son! ...
...Except that I don't think any of the posters on that thread are active on this incarnation of the board.

The few nearby communities and businesses are starting to get jitters about a mass of people descending on their little bit of nowhere ...

Rural Nevada not equipped for big ‘storm Area 51’ turnout

At first, the co-owner of the quirky alien-themed motel down a Nevada highway from the mysterious Area 51 site didn’t take a posting for a prank Facebook event too seriously.

Then, her phone started ringing.

“It doesn’t stop, our phone won’t stop ringing,” Connie West, of the Little A’le’Inn, told the Las Vegas Sun.

The 10-room motel is one of few businesses in Rachel, a town of 54 residents now gaining celebrity status among aviation and UFO enthusiasts attracted by the posting about a Sept. 20 event dubbed “storm Area 51.”

More than 1 million people have responded to the internet post calling for people to “Naruto run” at 3 a.m. into the remote U.S. Air Force test area in the Nevada desert that has long been the focus of UFO conspiracy theories. ...

The military is warning people not to try to enter the once top-secret Cold War site, which is posted and patrolled as part of the vast Nevada Test and Training Range. ...

“Any attempt to illegally access the area is highly discouraged,” the Air Force said in a statement released by Nellis Air Force Base near Las Vegas.

West is apprehensive about what might happen if big crowds arrive.

“It’s a little scary to think that many people could descend on a town of 54,” she said. “How can you prepare?”

Down the state Highway 375, dubbed the Extraterrestrial Highway, Linda Looney, at the Alien Research Center gift shop and campsite, told the Sun she also was concerned about the effect of the Facebook post.

“I don’t think it’s just a passing fancy,” she said.

Lincoln County Sheriff Kerry Lee said he doesn’t expect many people to actually show up, and county spokesman Ben Rowley tallied 184 hotel rooms in the county.

But Lee said 500 or 1,000 sudden visitors could create traffic, parking and congestion issues in a jurisdiction with 26 sworn sheriff’s deputies and about 5,200 permanent residents mostly in rural towns including Caliente, Pioche, Panaca and Alamo.

“I think this started out as a joke but there may be enough people taking it seriously and it could be a problem,” the sheriff said. “Someone is going to get hurt and people may go to jail. It’s not anything to joke about.”

SOURCE: https://www.apnews.com/082c5d117bc44cf79a4891212e100f5e

It's late summer in the desert. It's awful. People might die if they even try to walk outside. I pity them if their cars break down or they get lost. It's dangerous in more ways than one.

It's late summer in the desert. It's awful. People might die if they even try to walk outside. I pity them if their cars break down or they get lost. It's dangerous in more ways than one.
Darwinism in action? The crowd that turns up may have a problem with finding bottled water.

Back