• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Birds Aren't Real

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Screenshot 2019-07-20 at 01.15.02.png

Maybe you`ve seen the billboard near the Highland Strip. If so, you know that a campaign called "Birds Aren`t Real" is bringing its efforts to the Mid-South. Peter McIndoe joined us on Live at 9 to explain what he believes.

‘Every tweet is a lie’: Birds Aren’t Real campaign spreads message with new Memphis billboard
POSTED 4:01 PM, JULY 18, 2019, BY MITCHELL KOCH, UPDATED AT 04:47PM, JULY 18, 2019
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A new movement is accusing politicians of spreading lies through tweets — literally.

This month, a billboard that reads “Birds Aren’t Real” went up on the Highland Strip near the University of Memphis. According to one Memphis man, it’s part of a movement to educate people on a mass government surveillance program that replaced birds with drones.

That may sound like a joke to some, but don’t tell that to Peter McIndoe.

This Big Brother (or would it be Big Bird?) theory is that beginning in 1959, the United States government started killing off all birds in the country while simultaneously replacing them with identical, undercover surveillance drones — what we now call “birds.” Believers say that footage is used to monitor all Americans every day.

McIndoe, who is from Arkansas and said he moved to Memphis to become a “full-time activist,” said he didn’t start the movement, but around 2015, he joined because he always had a “distrust” of the feathered beings. He wanted to spread that message further than the stickers or posters, so he put up the billboard in Memphis.

“We wanted to put it up in a big city, the Paris of the West,” McIndoe said. “We came to the one city we knew would be the big deal: Memphis, Tennessee — the 901.”

McIndoe said other “bird truthers” have come to Memphis just to see the billboard. He also said other people think it’s all a joke.

“We don’t find this humorous,” he said. “This is a serious issue. And this is something where we’re trying to spread awareness of unconsensual surveillance happening on a mass level. Birds are lying to them every day. Every tweet by a bird is a lie.”

Source:
https://wreg.com/2019/07/18/every-t...n-spreads-message-with-new-memphis-billboard/

Official Campaign Website:
https://birdsarentreal.com

Including this:

WARNING: DISTURBING CONTENT
The only way to properly explain, is with words.
Buckle up.
It is imperative that we discuss the methods that the government used to extinguish over 12 billion birds between 1959 and 1971. If we are to make disciples of the birds aren’t real movement, we must equip each and every person with the knowledge of what truly happened in this saga of insanity and government corruption. Here are the facts and eyewitness accounts of various key events that occurred within our nation that completely destroyed every man woman and child bird in existence.
Allen Welsh Dulles: you may not be familiar with this disgraceful human, but he was the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency from 1953 to 1961. Upon the government writing the plan to slowly kill off the birds, it was his responsibility to make it a reality. He was given the task of reallocating 65 Billion dollars of public health funds towards the forced extinction. On May 6th, 1955 he met with an unidentified man from the Boeing Airplane Company, and ordered 120 B-52 bombers. Dulles knew that if his government was to go undetected, he had to keep these aircraft out of sight from the American public. He was under strict orders not to leave a trace of his actions, so he devised a plan to construct the aircraft in Nevada’s Area 51. This way, the citizens of Seattle Washington (where Boeing was headquartered) wouldn’t be able to claim that the bombers had been built nearby (if the government was exposed).
23 men from within the Boeing Engineering department travelled to Area 51 in the back of an old school bus that they purchased from a salvage yard in Mukilteo Washington. They were seen by a few individuals bringing couches and rugs into the bus, and were also heard discussing and I quote,” really cool playlists for the road trip.”
Continued at Length:​

I don't own a car.
A good thing too, or Ogred's mate Barry will shit on it apparently!
This month, a billboard that reads “Birds Aren’t Real” went up on the Highland Strip near the University of Memphis. According to one Memphis man, it’s part of a movement to educate people on a mass government surveillance program that replaced birds with drones.
FFS! This is so ridiculous. How can a person not grasp that every "bird camera" would need to be monitored, and even with CCTV mass monitor setups, you would still need multiple people working in shifts watching the screens all day. There are an estimated 10-20 Billion birds in the USA alone, so why are there unemployed people in West Virginia when they could all be employed by the government to monitor bird cameras? He also obviously has no idea what an economic drag running a surveillance state is. This idiot alleges that the bird replacement program has been in progress since the late 1940s, but there simply wasn't the tech to make it even remotely plausible until the 1970s at the very earliest, and even then, the robotics available were utterly pathetic, and still are. I have read some dumb conspiracy theories, and this one is right up there with the funniest.

Last edited:
FFS! This is so ridiculous. How can a person not grasp that every "bird camera" would need to be monitored, and even with CCTV mass monitor setups, you would still need multiple people working in shifts watching the screens all day. There are an estimated 10-20 Billion birds in the USA alone, so why are there unemployed people in West Virginia when they could all be employed by the government to monitor bird cameras?
That's where the AI (which is undoubtedly evil) comes in. ;)

Its the 120 B52s that bother me.

Where do you hide them?

I mean, they get in everyone garden, and make such a racket when the sun rises.

There is nothing so stupid that no one will believe it.

I once heard a doofus claim he was on a jury, and a recording of a phone conversation was brought in as evidence because you know every telephone conversation in the US is recorded now. Whatever was in that recording was enough to convict the defendant. No one around the table believed a word of it, even that the doofus was on a jury, but it was a family gathering and we were all too polite to call bullshit. He was the son of the hosts, really great people who know how to have a party. They know their son is not all there. To a casual observer, he would appear fairly normal, with a job he goes to and a normal home. Sad, really.

I've just spent some time reading the Birds Aren't Real website and doing some other general searches.

It appears to be an ironic, and slightly clunky, promo for an "edgy" clothing brand, or, as they call it, "activism apparel". You can even buy the T shirts on Amazon.

There are obvious, rather clumsy, attempts to link the joke with popular conspiracy theory "favourites" such as chem trails and Area 51, and even JFK gets a mention.

For those who doubt it's a send up, I'll quote just one passage from the "history" on the website:
<<Clearly, the Boeing Engineers didn’t get the memo from Dulles about remaining undetected, and actually painted “Area 51 or bust” on both sides of the bus. Whenever they would stop for gas, they would set up a makeshift campsite in the parking lot and sing songs with titles such as “I left my Honey for Area 51,” and,” Let’s Kill all the Birds.” They attracted a lot of attention>>

Expect these shirts to be worn by knowing hipsters drinking overpriced coffee and craft beers.

I felt tired just reading your description, never mind visiting the site.

Back