• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Is 'Vegan Meat' Just MEAT?

I was hoping you would get the reference seeing as you practically said it :p

I am a veggie, some of the vegan stuff is shite

Yes, it's the same with any food, you get to know what's decent quality and what's processed garbage. Sometimes processed garbage can be tasty, of course, but having it every day is not a good idea.

The trouble with vegan is that it is just tasteless, it appears that they do not believe in salt pepper, herbs, etc
I will stick to my vegetarian stuff, it is tasty
And you speak the truth, some processed stuff is nice

Everything in moderation... including moderation.

No, but seriously, if you eat sensibly six days a week and treat yourself to a cake and a pizza on the seventh, I don't see the problem. But I can find or make tasty vegan food, trouble is if it's in the shops it gets snapped up pretty sharpish, it's like a vegan Bat Signal goes up whenever something that tastes nice is on sale, so it becomes a rarity and you're left with cardboard and chickpea burgers or whatever.

LOL I love Pizza hut
I love Quorn sausages and i also love Asdas own brand of veggie burgers, their cheese and onion crispbakes are delicious, i also find the frozen chips and curry to be yummy :p Their vegetarian steak slice is nice as well, they sell like hot cakes

Ive just done a tuna onion ans boiled egg with vinegar contraption, quite tasty

Fake meat goes back some time: Chinese Buddhist food, which is not only vegetarian (vegan possibly) but also avoids other worldly things that might excite the senses like garlic and flavour has such delights as mock duck, made of tofu and gluten and eaten with the same condiments as real duck.

If it's not pig it's not worth eating.
received_432333380974637.jpeg

My diet finished today. Screw the kebab, I might just go off for a bacon butty.

Back