• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Who Ya Gonna Call? Ghost Hunters & Hunting

Sounds like a male voice saying "No".
that's what it sounds like to me, i will be interested to hear what the club's science officer makes of it.
The area officer asked if i had listened to my recording made in the engine shed yet (i have not) because there was a lot of potentially very exciting stuff experienced there.

This is the knock on Isobel's front, sadly since the recorder was in the driver's compartment, the knock doesn't sound as impressive as it did on the night.

Later on, my team leader who was in the signal box, saw a window in a carriage open and close. Myself , my best friend and another investigator where further down the carriage and seen and heard nothing, later on I had opened a window to reenact the young ones, but the time, position and lack of a head peering out of the window, means that's not what the team leader seen. A railway volunteer later said she had seen the same thing, in the same location a few months before.
one of the members of my group has gone through his notes and realised he opened a window on the carriage at the time the group leader saw the window open, disappointing but at least it shows the importance of accurate note taking

Hang on - how does a paranormal investigator get a job as a police medical investigator?

Hang on - how does a paranormal investigator get a job as a police medical investigator?
The real question is how did she end up working in the medical field at all? The article states that she didn't examine the crime scene because she didn't want to be exposed to any harmful pathogens that may have been at the area. She did a major disservice to the victim and his family.

The real question is how did she end up working in the medical field at all? The article states that she didn't examine the crime scene because she didn't want to be exposed to any harmful pathogens that may have been at the area. She did a major disservice to the victim and his family.

This is ironic:

A paranormal investigator lost her job as a police medical investigator when she apparently didn't want to look too closely at the bloody body.
She misdiagnosed the cause of death as natural causes when it was not-so-subtle murder. She was "let go". Crack investigatin' there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...eath-natural-causes-stab-wounds-funeral-home/

I'm assuming she did her training, was considered fit for the job by her supervisors and mentors before she was allowed to investigate on her own.

Although she appears to have made a major f*ck up this one time I love how it is used to gleefully rubbish paranormal investigation.

I'm assuming she did her training, was considered fit for the job by her supervisors and mentors before she was allowed to investigate on her own.

Although she appears to have made a major f*ck up this one time I love how it is used to gleefully rubbish paranormal investigation.
That's what I don't understand, how did she complete any training if she feared exposure to pathogens? I wasn't being cheeky, but working in almost any medical field involves possibility of exposure. It's the nature of the job.

That's what I don't understand, how did she complete any training if she feared exposure to pathogens? I wasn't being cheeky, but working in almost any medical field involves possibility of exposure. It's the nature of the job.

People change, mental health suffers, we have no idea what was going through her head and I can't read the WP article but I've read others about this case. She may have gone into the profession to try and overcome her issues.

I just thought it was illuminating that a poster who reports using non-skeptic beliefs does a skeptical hatchet job on a paranormal investigator.

Even if she screwed this up, she would still have had better training than 99% of the people who ghost hunt.

Last edited:
People change, mental health suffers, we have no idea what was going through her head and I can't read the WP article but I've read others about this case. She may have gone into the profession to try and overcome her issues.

I just thought it was illuminating that a poster who reports using non-skeptic beliefs does a skeptical hatchet job on a paranormal investigator.

Even if she screwed this up, she would still have had better training than 99% of the people who ghost hunt.

You have a valid point. I admit I looked at the surface and should have considered other complicating factors.

For one example, Shannon had previously contacted me to supply me with her book Paranormal Fakelore and she seemed genuine and thoughtful. I do regret calling her out. Mea culpa.

You have a valid point. I admit I looked at the surface and should have considered other complicating factors.

For one example, Shannon had previously contacted me to supply me with her book Paranormal Fakelore and she seemed genuine and thoughtful. I do regret calling her out. Mea culpa.

Takes a big soul to say that Sharon.

Excellent and thoughtful article, @lordmongrove. Several thoughts that I myself have wondered, though I give very little credence to anything related to "reality" tv.
Particularly stupid, to me, is that the actors have to antagonize the ghosts. And then the ensuing response seems to follow immediately. But I always thought that it was the American shows that did that.

And apparently, all ghosts understand the English language. And the (especially demonic) results/responses are very Christian belief centered results. That to me gets a little boring. Any other different results would definitely perk my interest.

The Blakeney Tunnels and The Witch's Leg in Somerton, Norfolk .. our newest vid .. nothing much ghostly happened IMO but check out this amazing ruined church .. I was more expecting to see Peter Jackson than a ghost .. either would have been a bonus ..

For those interested the US show 'Ghost Hunters' is back on the air August 21. Grant is back but no Jason.

For those interested the US show 'Ghost Hunters' is back on the air August 21. Grant is back but no Jason.

I’d rather watch the local weather forecast with our local ‘Symmetrical Girl’ and then stick pencils into my eyes thank you.
But thanks for the headsup.

I’d rather watch the local weather forecast with our local ‘Symmetrical Girl’ and then stick pencils into my eyes thank you.
But thanks for the headsup.
Hmm....the eraser end or the graphite lead end...? Either way it might be an improvement..

;)

Maybe if one of the team were to spontaneously ignite ?

That should improve the ratings.
I was part of a competition yesterday. Online parafams were invited to vote for mystery envelope 1, 2 or 3, my name was apparently in one of the envelopes which would have meant me spending an hour alone in a haunted location. Richard won. I've no idea where they took him yet. A local shop owner was filmed opening the envelopes, a nice fun way of going about it all :)

Back