• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ridiculous Accidents

Coach driver attacked by woman, hitting him in the face. He retaliates
If by 'retaliates' that means he tried to stop getting himself hit in the face whilst driving then yes, he 'retaliated' .. I'd disagree and say he was just trying to not get hit in the face whilst driving but if he was 'retaliating'? .. that could exonerate this woman from any blame of causing the death of 13 people which she is clearly guilty of doing by distracting the driver going by the available footage so far ..

If by 'retaliates' that means he tried to stop getting himself hit in the face whilst driving then yes, he 'retaliated' .. I'd disagree and say he was just trying to not get hit in the face whilst driving but if he was 'retaliating'? .. that could exonerate this woman from any blame of causing the death of 13 people which she is clearly guilty of doing by distracting the driver going by the available footage so far ..

I'll concede I could've put it better. The point of it is a ridiculous accident.

I'll concede I could've put it better. The point of it is a ridiculous accident.
Sorry, I wasn't having a pop at you, I'm more pissed off with her .. just .. you know in England there's signs that clearly state in busses 'DO NOT STAND BEYOND THIS LINE' and 'DON'T DISTRACT THE DRIVER WHILE THEY ARE DRIVING' .. I wouldn't go as far as to wish the silly cow dead or anything although I expect she also probably unfortunately died .. it is indeed a ridiculous accident but I maintain the blame lies with her actions .. 13 people dead.

Bus goes mental in Streatham

Comes to rest in someone's front garden.

1546344743558.png

jeez.... it did come from Yith ffs.... If we can't click on those, what can we click on?

Not sure if this is classed as a accident or not, I do wounder what the rider was on,
watch right to the end I do like the end were he disappears then the big splash.

don't think it is the same guy....

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this is classed as a accident or not, I do wounder what the rider was on,
watch right to the end I do like the end were he disappears then the big splash.

It looked as if his pillion passenger said to him - 'er, i think I'll walk from here thanks'

It does look like a comedy skit—except for the camera angle. Hard to imagine the guy didn't get injured at the end. The pipe looks pretty deep. I found it a bit disturbing.

The splash did seem a bit final, still were there's no sense there's no feeling.

Your logic does not hold up sir! (Or er, are you a ma'am? I've forgotten.)
What about "senseless killing"? Is there no dismay over that?

jeez.... it did come from Yith ffs.... If we can't click on those, what can we click on?

It makes no difference who's posted it. If I don't know what it's about I don't click.

If I want people to look at a link I explain what it's about and why it's interesting. I don't expect people to just take my word for it.

This could be a Strange Death but I've put it here because the cause of death was something so apparently trivial.

Man dies after burning his throat on a hot fishcake he was sampling for chef

The 51-year-old was leaving the wedding venue he managed in Chorley, Lancashire, when he was asked to try a fishcake by one of the chefs.

The food burnt the back of his throat, causing his voice box to swell over the hours that followed and ultimately stopping him from breathing.

Swallowing too-hot food can have serious consequences long-term but this happened in hours.
Dr Patrick Waugh, the pathologist who performed Mr Hickey's post-mortem, told Bolton Corner's Court the case was very rare.
"He's had hot food and stated, 'I've burned my throat'. Then there's pain and he would have had difficulty swallowing because of the pain and then he would have had more swelling which would have made it difficult to breathe or swallow," he said.

"Basically, we normally see this scenario in people who are involved in house fires with inhalation of smoke which burns the airways or in industrial accidents with hot steam.

"The patient can appear well, they will be talking to you, but then the swelling starts."

So that's me not wolfing down hot food any more.

Mine was in a yard at the back of a pub, the gates were held back by an iron bar,it was propped up under a fire escape cause the gates were closed, and the dogs came out and started fighting under the fire escape, so i went to stop them, they hit the bar, now i am about 5.4, the bar was higher, it slowly dropped forward and landed on my head, i didn't get knocked out but i had a nice dent on my head, i think that is where i got my tinnitus from

Changed a drill bit without unplugging the drill, gripped it hard, touched the trigger and turned a finger into spaghetti. Round and round it went.

Back