• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

A Visit To Loren Coleman’s International Cryptozoology Museum

IamSundog

Not insane
While on vacation in Maine this week I managed a visit to Loren Coleman’s International Cryptozoology Museum in Portland. It was great fun and IMHO worth the $10 admission fee.
The museum is basically two large rooms crammed with exhibits, curiosities, well-aged newspaper articles, and pop culture trinkets. I would have to say that it is a fairly random mishmash of stuff and not terribly well organized overall, but with some cabinets worthy of delving into.
I was particularly thrilled to see a bigfoot cast taken by Patterson and Gimlin on the day of and at the site of their famous film. My uber-skeptic 23 year old son was actually a little bit impressed and became thoughtful at an exhibit showing the animals that transitioned from myth to scientifically established over the past century.
Pictures to follow.

Oops I can’t post pictures off my phone - I’ll have to get home to my computer to reduce them. Stay tuned.

*starts wait within 4 minutes of OP*

no pressure! :D

Sorry for the delay. My computer went belly up and I had to spend a day or so coaxing it back to useability.
ICM.jpg

Thank you @IamSundog ! I especially like the Brey Road Beast (new to me) scratching on the bookcase!

Back