• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Know Any Haunted Dolls?

Mythopoeika said:
Sorry Breezilla, I'm not rubbishing the evil doll head - I'm just pointing out that some demons haven't made sensible life choices.

Ah, no worries. I thought the whole thing sounded crazy, really.

Attatched is the picture from the auction. I'll take more when I get the head in the mail. (And repaint it...)

I personally though "Angelic Summoner" sounded like something out of a video game... :rolleyes:

Woo, that certainly looks evil to me.

Mythopoeika said:
Woo, that certainly looks evil to me.

I agree.

Nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

The head FINALLY came in the mail yesterday. :)
It's been repainted and given a body (hope that's not a mistake!).

Oddly, several rather *lucky* things happened yesterday evening after I re-painted it. A friend that I was worried about came to visit, and she was fine. I got a call that my wallet, which had been missing for a week, had been turned in to the police station. A few other small things...

I have yet to hear any breathing. And she hasn't killed off any of my pet betta fish or anything. *shrugs* Who knows.

*chortle*
It mostly just looks like a badly-painted volks head to me.

Oh, is that the museum where that horrible haunted Raggedy Ann doll lives? I'm not visiting that link, that story gave my cousin and me too many childhood nightmares after seeing it on television! We wouldn't have a doll in our rooms for anything after that. *shudder*

While I was reading this thread, my ancient Furby woke up and started screeching at me. First time it's talked in ages. I nearly had a heart attack! :shock:

The damn thing is now FIRMLY shut in a cupboard downstairs!! It can talk to my cats if it really feels the need. (The cats aren't in the cupboard with it, in case anyone was worried about that. :lol: )

Just take the batteries out! :roll:

Oh, you did...?

:shock:

Bumping an old thread to highlight a weird coincidence .. I was watching the video for Girls Just Wanna Have Fun yesterday in the Bar Stories link when I noticed an exact same Annabel doll that I'd never noticed before ... I've just come to this thread to post the news and people have also been mentioning Cyndi Lauper here unconnected to chat about the doll, caroleaswas has a post a few above this one from 4 years ago, 'Cyndi Lauper' is coincidentally written underneath her avatar .. weird ..

Skip to 3:26 then pause the video for the doll, it seems to have one eye missing but it's the same type of flipping doll! ..

adoll.png

Last edited:
The doll type is called ''Raggedy Ann", her boyfriend is "Raggedy Andy".

She can keep a straight face but her fella can't :p .. I love this sort of stuff though:

Bonus haunted doll vid ..

Last edited:
I have my own Haunted doll here is her tale taken from her webpage that i sometimes write,

Day 1

Polly arrived and at first I thought what's this then I read the attached note she was from a friend who could no longer keep her as the idea of a haunted doll was just far too creepy, so I gladly excepted her well I have to admit I'm a natural sceptic to this kind of thing, but whilst making coffee I cant deny sensing something behind me when I turned nothing was there, and I'm not easily spooked and this is mid day, so I found her a new home sat in my lounge which is rather an eclectic place, a mix of new old and not so old belongings with a hint of antiques I collected along the way, a relaxing place with the steady tick of the grandfather clock to keep time.
After a break this afternoon I decided to clean and tidy up Polly she looks much better now, soon I will get some photos added to the page, tonight the first night with her in the house might prove interesting, if in fact any thing happens we will see.

Day 2

Well 3rd try at posting, just to point out I don't blame the website hosting for this I suspect its a result of my mischievous ghost playing tricks on me, and so to my story.
Well last night was uneventful but over night was another matter, when I went to bed I lay there a little while before rolling over to sleep as I do so I sense the faint sound of some one breathing behind me, assuming its just Polly I ignore it and drift off to sleep, I'm soon awoken possibly a couple of hours later by the sound of cars on the nearby highway, which is unusual in its self it never usually bothers me, as I lay there in the twilight of my room again I hear the faint breathing noise, I look around to see only very faintly what looks like the apparition of a child stood next to my computer terminal by my bedroom door, she wasn't frightening in any way she just stood starring at me, then not knowing how to respond or react I decide to speak very quietly to her, partly assuming its Polly I say "hello that you Polly? why not get some rest too" I then roll over to sleep.
This morning when I awake its a nice morning outside so I get up and get coffee, I then decide to check the doll after cleaning her the night before, well I would almost be certain she actually looks happier this morning, but how can that be? she's just an inanimate object, oh well I guess its just my mind playing tricks on mind that's all.
I later noticed my clock stopped at exactly 1 minute to midnight, after winding back up it ran perfectly well and as a point of reference I usually only wind it up on a Wednesday evening, so a day and a half early seems a little unusual to say the least.

Day 3

Last night as I lay going to sleep you could hear 50s music coming from my lounge but only very gentle sound, its easily distinguishable from my neighbours house too, so I was confident it was emanating from my lounge and not a neighbours TV.
Then over night I awoke like the night before to the faint sound of breathing near by, and looking around saw the faint outline of a ghostly child stood near my doorway, this doesn't have any ominous feeling attached to it so I rolled back over to sleep.
This morning after a coffee I cant be fully sure as I didn't pay that much attention to my lounge in days past, but it looks as if 1 or 2 things might be moved, something I will have to watch and observe in the coming weeks.

Day 20

It has been a few days since my last report on Polly my haunted doll as I try to be a realist, and only report what I witness but last night I awoke sensing a presence in my room, when my vision cleared in the dim light of the night before me hovering about 3 feet from the ground was a partially formed sprite or spirit, I believe to be that of Polly over by the doorway there was no ominous feeling to this, but I got up anyway to get a drink then went back to bed I heard and saw no more that night, and for any one who wonders why I don't report things every day I didn't see the point in reporting the same thing day in day out, that docent mean nothing is happening but I would just reporting many of the same things repeatedly every day if I did.

Day 23

I had a friend call round yesterday as they like Polly anyway to get strait to the point the last time they came they joked about she needs toys if she's a child spirit, so yesterday they brought her this small doll sized rubber ball and a miniature teddy bear, and placed them on her lap while we had coffee and a chat, while we sat talking we thought we heard a child's laugh, then thought nothing more of it then just at that moment the small rubber ball came rolling by us at our feet, we just looked at won another in total disbelief, then later when they left and after I had my evening meal I went to amuse my self online for a little while before bedtime, and again I heard the same laugh, but IM used to having Polly around so it docent really bother me, then I went to bed shortly after as I lay there I would almost swear I heard what sounded like the ball bouncing down stairs rhythmically coming from my lounge were Polly is, soon after this I went to sleep so I think in coming weeks I will be hearing or seeing more activity from Polly IM sure.

Polly Goes For a Walk

I like to think of my self as a realist but what I'm about to explain is a pretty frightening account and far from realistic for any one reading to believe looking back even I doubt my self, but i will try to explain the best I can then let the reader make there own assumptions.
It all started late last night I was on my PC as I do many an evening when i heard a faint rustling behind me so I turned to see what it was at first I didn't see a thing but then something caught the corner of my eye, then just at that point what I saw I just cant believe even now it was Polly my haunted doll she ran freely from behind me in my room then past my PC terminal and out across my landing, well my first reaction was one of complete and utter disbelief, but then I jumped to my feet and ran down stairs only to find Polly sat where I left her days ago sat on the Easy Chair in the lounge surrounded by 2 or 3 very small toys I like to leave by her as she's supposed to be the spirit of a young child, then afterwards I went to make a strong coffee to help calm my nervous and went out side to get some fresh air as my heart was pounding in my chest from the fright, as I sat out side drinking my coffee I started to wonder if this will be something new in the saga of Polly, we will see I certainly hope not as cool as some might think being the keeper of a haunted doll might be its not always so easy to except what can some times happen around the house things like unexpected noises things move on there own footsteps when you know there are no one there, the list could go on but il save it for another time.

polly.png

I have my own Haunted doll here is her tale taken from her webpage that i sometimes write,

Day 1

Polly arrived and at first I thought what's this then I read the attached note she was from a friend who could no longer keep her as the idea of a haunted doll was just far too creepy, so I gladly excepted her well I have to admit I'm a natural sceptic to this kind of thing, but whilst making coffee I cant deny sensing something behind me when I turned nothing was there, and I'm not easily spooked and this is mid day, so I found her a new home sat in my lounge which is rather an eclectic place, a mix of new old and not so old belongings with a hint of antiques I collected along the way, a relaxing place with the steady tick of the grandfather clock to keep time.
After a break this afternoon I decided to clean and tidy up Polly she looks much better now, soon I will get some photos added to the page, tonight the first night with her in the house might prove interesting, if in fact any thing happens we will see.

Day 2

Well 3rd try at posting, just to point out I don't blame the website hosting for this I suspect its a result of my mischievous ghost playing tricks on me, and so to my story.
Well last night was uneventful but over night was another matter, when I went to bed I lay there a little while before rolling over to sleep as I do so I sense the faint sound of some one breathing behind me, assuming its just Polly I ignore it and drift off to sleep, I'm soon awoken possibly a couple of hours later by the sound of cars on the nearby highway, which is unusual in its self it never usually bothers me, as I lay there in the twilight of my room again I hear the faint breathing noise, I look around to see only very faintly what looks like the apparition of a child stood next to my computer terminal by my bedroom door, she wasn't frightening in any way she just stood starring at me, then not knowing how to respond or react I decide to speak very quietly to her, partly assuming its Polly I say "hello that you Polly? why not get some rest too" I then roll over to sleep.
This morning when I awake its a nice morning outside so I get up and get coffee, I then decide to check the doll after cleaning her the night before, well I would almost be certain she actually looks happier this morning, but how can that be? she's just an inanimate object, oh well I guess its just my mind playing tricks on mind that's all.
I later noticed my clock stopped at exactly 1 minute to midnight, after winding back up it ran perfectly well and as a point of reference I usually only wind it up on a Wednesday evening, so a day and a half early seems a little unusual to say the least.

Day 3

Last night as I lay going to sleep you could hear 50s music coming from my lounge but only very gentle sound, its easily distinguishable from my neighbours house too, so I was confident it was emanating from my lounge and not a neighbours TV.
Then over night I awoke like the night before to the faint sound of breathing near by, and looking around saw the faint outline of a ghostly child stood near my doorway, this doesn't have any ominous feeling attached to it so I rolled back over to sleep.
This morning after a coffee I cant be fully sure as I didn't pay that much attention to my lounge in days past, but it looks as if 1 or 2 things might be moved, something I will have to watch and observe in the coming weeks.

Day 20

It has been a few days since my last report on Polly my haunted doll as I try to be a realist, and only report what I witness but last night I awoke sensing a presence in my room, when my vision cleared in the dim light of the night before me hovering about 3 feet from the ground was a partially formed sprite or spirit, I believe to be that of Polly over by the doorway there was no ominous feeling to this, but I got up anyway to get a drink then went back to bed I heard and saw no more that night, and for any one who wonders why I don't report things every day I didn't see the point in reporting the same thing day in day out, that docent mean nothing is happening but I would just reporting many of the same things repeatedly every day if I did.

Day 23

I had a friend call round yesterday as they like Polly anyway to get strait to the point the last time they came they joked about she needs toys if she's a child spirit, so yesterday they brought her this small doll sized rubber ball and a miniature teddy bear, and placed them on her lap while we had coffee and a chat, while we sat talking we thought we heard a child's laugh, then thought nothing more of it then just at that moment the small rubber ball came rolling by us at our feet, we just looked at won another in total disbelief, then later when they left and after I had my evening meal I went to amuse my self online for a little while before bedtime, and again I heard the same laugh, but IM used to having Polly around so it docent really bother me, then I went to bed shortly after as I lay there I would almost swear I heard what sounded like the ball bouncing down stairs rhythmically coming from my lounge were Polly is, soon after this I went to sleep so I think in coming weeks I will be hearing or seeing more activity from Polly IM sure.

Polly Goes For a Walk

I like to think of my self as a realist but what I'm about to explain is a pretty frightening account and far from realistic for any one reading to believe looking back even I doubt my self, but i will try to explain the best I can then let the reader make there own assumptions.
It all started late last night I was on my PC as I do many an evening when i heard a faint rustling behind me so I turned to see what it was at first I didn't see a thing but then something caught the corner of my eye, then just at that point what I saw I just cant believe even now it was Polly my haunted doll she ran freely from behind me in my room then past my PC terminal and out across my landing, well my first reaction was one of complete and utter disbelief, but then I jumped to my feet and ran down stairs only to find Polly sat where I left her days ago sat on the Easy Chair in the lounge surrounded by 2 or 3 very small toys I like to leave by her as she's supposed to be the spirit of a young child, then afterwards I went to make a strong coffee to help calm my nervous and went out side to get some fresh air as my heart was pounding in my chest from the fright, as I sat out side drinking my coffee I started to wonder if this will be something new in the saga of Polly, we will see I certainly hope not as cool as some might think being the keeper of a haunted doll might be its not always so easy to except what can some times happen around the house things like unexpected noises things move on there own footsteps when you know there are no one there, the list could go on but il save it for another time.

View attachment 19601

This is a work of fiction, right? You're not saying this actually happened..

Well that would totaly spoil the story if I was to say one way or the other ;)

Setting aside the details of the story, the fact you won't say it happened solidifies it as fiction, if one had any doubts before. Why would someone who's experienced weirdness not say so openly? Otherwise it's just a story.

I've always wanted to see Robert the Doll. I've also wanted to see The Winchester House too.

Just the head,perhaps in search of a body? I had two ventriloquist dolls when young, one was a Frankenstein's monster, the other was the well known Mr Palanchin, who was a creepy looking thing now that I look back. No winder people get freaked out by them.

Creepy 'haunted' doll filmed moving on its own...

A World War 2-era ventriloquist doll has been filmed moving its eyes and mouth in the middle of the night.
Known as 'Mr Fritz', the creepy doll was recently acquired by 48-year-old collector Michael Diamond from Liverpool who received it as a gift from a local militaria collector back in July.

Little is know about its history other than that it was made by a US prisoner of war in the 1940s.

In the footage, which was filmed in the early hours of the morning, the doll's cabinet creeks open on its own and its eyes and mouth can be seen slowly opening and closing without intervention.

Diamond maintains that the video has not been faked and says he has "no explanation."

"When I first watched the video back I had a weird feeling in my stomach," he said.
https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/331383/creepy-haunted-doll-filmed-moving-on-its-own

There are also orbs flying about in that video!
Creepy.
[shudder]

And 'Most Haunted' had a doll that bust into flames.

Saw a collection of dolls from around the world in the Pitt Rivers Museum today and I assume they were made for children because there was a separate display for dolls and puppets. Not a fan of dolls or doll-houses but I'm not saying they were haunted, more like haunting - loved and lost by children generations ago.

Dolls2546.jpg

Saw a collection of dolls from around the world in the Pitt Rivers Museum today and I assume they were made for children because there was a separate display for dolls and puppets. Not a fan of dolls or doll-houses but I'm not saying they were haunted, more like haunting - loved and lost by children generations ago.

View attachment 20641
The museum of childhood in Edinburgh has a massive collection of dolls most of which are terrifying. One of them is a bone wrapped in a piece of cloth!

Back