• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Unknown Wave

Hi 'PeteS:' No - nothing to do with them being disappointed about the pot itself, t'was all to do with that wave of light.

Is it possible that they knew of you and of you experience even though you didn't know them? Maybe they'd popped in just to see if anything weird would happen? Perhaps they were hoping you'd be able to 'heal' it just by touch?

Sollywos x

Is it possible that they knew of you and of you experience even though you didn't know them? Maybe they'd popped in just to see if anything weird would happen? Perhaps they were hoping you'd be able to 'heal' it just by touch?

Sollywos x
No, absolutely not. And I'm certain that they didn't expect anything like that to happen either - neither did I, more to the point!

Hi 'Zeke Newbold:' Apologies for missing out to answering your question... yes I am that person.
Sid, thanks for sharing your strange experience. Can you recall what you felt immediately after the wave appeared? I think I would have been truly freaked out if it had happened to me! Have you experienced any other instances of unexplainable occurrences (however random) ?

Sid, thanks for sharing your strange experience. Can you recall what you felt immediately after the wave appeared? I think I would have been truly freaked out if it had happened to me! Have you experienced any other instances of unexplainable occurrences (however random) ?
Hi 'Trish71:' "What did I feel immediately after the wave appeared?" Puzzled; Alarmed, a bit disbelieving of what had just taken place right in front of my eyes - but not exactly 'freaked-out' as such (actually, I felt a bit under the spot-light as the two woman markedly pointed their shock at what happened towards me personally - and I didn't have a clue as to what was the cause of the event.
And yes, I have had other experiences at times... other 'out-of-the-norm' occurrences I've been confronted by over my lifetime.

Last edited:
So did you talk to the women after the event to confirm that what they saw was the same as what you saw??

I don't know why two people would run off saying "I'm not going back there" when seeing this event it doesn't make sense.

How could I talk to the two woman who ran off - when they ran off? I never said the event made any sense, however, I did say that I had no answer to what had taken place.

Latecomer to this thread, but feel obliged to ask if Sid ever experienced migraines or has a history of epilepsy?

The aura effect often preceding migraines or seizures, can resemble wavy lines or a rainbow. If you experienced something akin to that and stared blankly for a few seconds, that could conceivably have spooked the two women.

Wiki depicts an aura as looking like this, which does not seem a million miles away from your illustration.

PSX_20190814_104323.jpg

Latecomer to this thread, but feel obliged to ask if Sid ever experienced migraines or has a history of epilepsy?

The aura effect often preceding migraines or seizures, can resemble wavy lines or a rainbow. If you experienced something akin to that and stared blankly for a few seconds, that could conceivably have spooked the two women.

Wiki depicts an aura as looking like this, which does not seem a million miles away from your illustration.

View attachment 19587
No, never.

If that was a case of a migraine 'sparkler' then the customer wouldn't have seen it. Only Sid.

I used to get these things. and they lasted for about five minutes as the sparkler traveled across my field of vision. Didn't matter which direction I was looking.

If that was a case of a migraine 'sparkler' then the customer wouldn't have seen it. Only Sid.

I used to get these things. and they lasted for about five minutes as the sparkler traveled across my field of vision. Didn't matter which direction I was looking.
I also get these sparklers, but no migraine. Had Sid been the only one to see whatever it was, I would have suggested this vision thing as an explanation, but clearly can't be the case here.

Incidentally going back to the hole in the pan thing, I was reminded recently that during WW2, UK households were asked to supply surplus metals to help the war effort. Hundreds of thousands of pans were donated, but proved to be useless due to the very poor quality of the metal used. No idea what happened to them.

No idea what happened to them.

There was a similar drive to take down iron railings and gates, supposedly to be turned into weapons. I think the process of recycling them into useful weapons-grade metal proved problematic. These campaigns have sometimes been reinterpreted as a form of morale-boosting exercise, designed to encourage a feeling of national unity and participation. :sold:

I also get these sparklers, but no migraine. Had Sid been the only one to see whatever it was, I would have suggested this vision thing as an explanation, but clearly can't be the case here.

Could it be that Sid was indeed the only person to see it, but it was the result of a brief "funny turn" that spooked the customers when they witnessed his suddenly changed expression or movement? He scared them away because of a physical condition?

The problem with the sparkler hypothesis is that the sparklers persist for some time.

In my case they traveled around the orbit of the eye before fading away. Never any headache though

Could it be that Sid was indeed the only person to see it, but it was the result of a brief "funny turn" that spooked the customers when they witnessed his suddenly changed expression or movement? He scared them away because of a physical condition?
1565950293407.png
The only 'funny turn' I could say I've had, would have been when I cracked a joke or two with customers!

Exactly. The visual aura thing can be a preamble to petit mal seizures, in which the victim is not aware of any time passing, but to other observers, the victim may be staring blankly and unresponsive.

Mine lasted about six minutes. they started appearing at the top right of my vision, then progresses around the top side and went away at the bottom left. It was just the right eye that did this. And I could see it even with eyes closed.

Develop it ?

I'm damned glad it has stopped. It's a sign of problems in your brain.

Things are still not quite right with that eye though.

Not to mention the headaches that can follow . . .

Not sure if this is the same but a friend was telling me yesterday she took her daughter to emergency as she had a bad chest pain.
They couldn't find any heart trouble but she mentioned that she couldn't see out of her right eye properly.
My friend remembered that her husband's mother had had the same thing and it was caused by a small clot breaking away and lodging somewhere in the brain.

Not sure if this is the same but a friend was telling me yesterday she took her daughter to emergency as she had a bad chest pain.
They couldn't find any heart trouble but she mentioned that she couldn't see out of her right eye properly.
My friend remembered that her husband's mother had had the same thing and it was caused by a small clot breaking away and lodging somewhere in the brain.
Hope she'll be OK.

This happened when I worked in an ironmongers/all sorts store.
A woman came into the shop along with her daughter, and in her hand was a done-for cooking pot. She wanted to know if the pot could be repaired as it had been left on the stove and got so hot that it blew a hole in the bottom of it about 1/2" in diameter - must have been an electric stove I imagine.
Anyway, I said I would take a look at it to see if anything could be done with it, and as I extended my hand to grasp the pot (about a foot-and-a-half away from the pot, a wide ribbon of 'plasma?' left my hand and went into the pot that the woman was holding. I couldn't believe my eyes. Upon seeing this the woman along with her daughter fled the shop - running down the street shouting "were never going back into the shop again!"
I never had an explanation for what took place, and I wondered if any Fortean knowledgeable's might be able to explain it somehow?
I've drawn the scene as best I can - given that I'm using only a mouse to depict how it happened...View attachment 19092

They ran down the street shouting “We’re never going in that shop again”?

That doesn’t ring true. Sorry. People just don’t behave like that.

That doesn’t ring true. Sorry. People just don’t behave like that.

Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you 'CalamityKate,' those people behaved exactly like that - hurriedly leaving the shop and as they turned left to go down the street, the older woman said, "we're never going back into that shop again!" FACT!

Last edited by a moderator:
They ran down the street shouting “We’re never going in that shop again” is not the same as "hurriedly leaving the shop and as they turned left to go down the street, the older woman said, "we're never going back into that shop again!"

. . . hence, the apparent disagreement between two statements.

They ran down the street shouting “We’re never going in that shop again” is not the same as "hurriedly leaving the shop and as they turned left to go down the street, the older woman said, "we're never going back into that shop again!"

. . . hence, the apparent disagreement between two statements.

What you're forgetting 'IbisNibs,' is that I am describing the situation that I remembered of that incident and comment - not a word-for-word statement in a crime scene! Like all things which make an impact on the memory retold, you're never ever going to exactly describe things in a duplicate word-for-word manner - that would not be logical. (i.e. nit-picking!)

Last edited:
Oh, I was trying to point out that Calamity Kate may have misinterpreted what you wrote.

Total agreement as to your description being how you recalled the incident and then conveyed that in your own words, not as a word-for-word duplication of the woman's statement, or even exactly of your memory of it.

In general, I find conveying a physical reality (or a memory) in words to be impossible (!!!), and yet words are some of the best tools we have for communicating. If I were going to expand on that thought, I'd hop over the the "Human Condition" thread, and express my woe there.

Back