• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Police in Dallas said they are investigating whether the shooting deaths of two transgender women and the stabbing of a third are connected.

"These cases, although not directly related at this time, do have some similarities the public needs to be aware of," Maj. Vincent Weddington told reporters at a news conference Tuesday.

No arrests have been made in any of the cases.

The most recent killing occurred over the weekend. Muhlaysia Booker, 23, was found shot to death Saturday morning.

In October 2018, a transgender woman was found shot to death in a vehicle parked in southeast Dallas, police said.

In April, a woman survived after she was repeatedly stabbed in south Dallas. She provided information about her attacker, but police have not released a detailed description of the man.

In two of the three cases, the victims had been near an intersection — in the area of Spring Avenue and Lagow Street — just before the attacks, Weddington said. Two of the victims had gotten into a car with someone, and the third had let someone into her car.

Booker is among at least five transgender people — all of whom black — who have been killed nationwide in 2019.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc...acks-transgender-women-are-connected-n1008811

maximus otter

PS: See post below.

Last edited:
Police in Dallas said they are investigating whether the shooting deaths of two transgender women and the stabbing of a third are connected.

"These cases, although not directly related at this time, do have some similarities the public needs to be aware of," Maj. Vincent Weddington told reporters at a news conference Tuesday.

No arrests have been made in any of the cases.

The most recent killing occurred over the weekend. Muhlaysia Booker, 23, was found shot to death Saturday morning.

In October 2018, a transgender woman was found shot to death in a vehicle parked in southeast Dallas, police said.

In April, a woman survived after she was repeatedly stabbed in south Dallas. She provided information about her attacker, but police have not released a detailed description of the man.

In two of the three cases, the victims had been near an intersection — in the area of Spring Avenue and Lagow Street — just before the attacks, Weddington said. Two of the victims had gotten into a car with someone, and the third had let someone into her car.

Booker is among at least five transgender people — all of whom black — who have been killed nationwide in 2019.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc...acks-transgender-women-are-connected-n1008811

maximus otter
Possibly prostitutes? Quite a lot of transgender people are doing dangerous work like that.

Tampa serial killer Bobby Joe Long has no visitors on day of execution

Due to be executed at 6 p.m, there was a last minute delay while the Supreme Court considered his appeals. This was denied at 6.20 and he was subsequently executed, declared dead at 7.00 p.m.

STARKE — Bobby Joe Long woke up at 7:45 a.m. on Thursday, on what will likely be the last day of his existence.

The serial killer who terrorized Tampa in the 1980s and killed at least eight women is scheduled to be executed by lethal injection at 6 p.m. at Florida State Prison.

He had no visitors, state officials said. No spiritual adviser visited him.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/publi...ng-has-no-visitors-before-execution-20190523/

Dallas police are investigating after the body of a transgender woman was found in White Rock Lake on Saturday.

Dallas Fire-Rescue pulled her body from the water in the afternoon around 5:30 p.m.

She was identified as Chynal Lindsey, 26, a transgender woman from Arlington.

Dallas Police Chief Renee Hall said there were signs of “homicidal violence” in Lindsey’s death.

Lindsey’s death is now the fourth open murder investigation involving a trans woman. All four victims were African American. Three were killed within the last eight months.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/06/03...f-transgender-woman-found-in-white-rock-lake/

(See post above).

maximus otter

Now its gone up to 100. Update:

Toxicology tests suggest a German former nurse murdered at least 100 people at two hospitals where he worked, prosecutors say.

Detectives believe Niels Hoegel, who is already serving a life sentence for two murders, systematically administered fatal doses of heart medication to people in his care.

He wanted to impress colleagues by resuscitating them but many died.

Fresh charges against him are expected next year.

Hoegel is now said to have killed 38 patients in Oldenburg and 62 in Delmenhorst, both in northern Germany, between 1999 and 2005.

Investigators say he may have killed more but potential victims have been cremated.

If found guilty of all the deaths, he would become one of Germany's worst post-war serial killers.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41930177

BERLIN (Reuters) - A former nurse was jailed for life on Thursday for murdering 85 of his patients - the worst killing spree in Germany’s post-war history.
Niels Hoegel injected people with lethal drugs and then played the hero by appearing to struggle to revive them, the district court in Oldenburg heard.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...85-patients-gets-life-in-prison-idUSKCN1T7109

Dallas police are investigating after the body of a transgender woman was found in White Rock Lake on Saturday.

Dallas Fire-Rescue pulled her body from the water in the afternoon around 5:30 p.m.

She was identified as Chynal Lindsey, 26, a transgender woman from Arlington.

Dallas Police Chief Renee Hall said there were signs of “homicidal violence” in Lindsey’s death.

Lindsey’s death is now the fourth open murder investigation involving a trans woman. All four victims were African American. Three were killed within the last eight months.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/06/03...f-transgender-woman-found-in-white-rock-lake/

(See post above).

maximus otter
And news from Detroit of serial killings of trans women.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/recent-lgbtq-attacks-highlight-hate-crimes/story?id...

BERLIN (Reuters) - A former nurse was jailed for life on Thursday for murdering 85 of his patients - the worst killing spree in Germany’s post-war history.
Niels Hoegel injected people with lethal drugs and then played the hero by appearing to struggle to revive them, the district court in Oldenburg heard.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...85-patients-gets-life-in-prison-idUSKCN1T7109

This probably happens more often than we think. The nurse Beverley Allitt springs to mind. I've read of others.

Scary stuff. You go in hoping to get better and you're at the mercy of some psychopathic nurse to whom you're just another notch on their bedpan.

During my Criminology degree I was able to indulge my interest in medical murder and probably bored my tutors stiff with them.

Lucky old me - I'd worked in care/nursing beforehand and had been interviewed as a witness in one such case.
Disappointingly, I didn't have to go to court as there was enough evidence without mine. At the time I lived abroad and would've been flown back home at Her Maj's expense!

Did a talk on that particular case and indeed collected enough material to have written a book, and was able to put forward an informed theory about why it happened. It's all still upstairs in a big folder.

Anyway... another alleged medical serial killer case is coming up that's almost local to me. Seems particularly sad and outrageous.

Chester hospital baby deaths probe: Nurse Lucy Letby rearrested

A nurse has been rearrested by police investigating the deaths of babies at the Countess of Chester Hospital's neo-natal unit.

Lucy Letby was first arrested in July last year on suspicion of the murder of eight babies and the attempted murder of another six.

She has now been rearrested in connection with the attempted murder of three additional babies, police said.

Cheshire Police are probing the deaths of 17 infants between 2015 and 2016.

During my Criminology degree I was able to indulge my interest in medical murder and probably bored my tutors stiff with them.

Lucky old me - I'd worked in care/nursing beforehand and had been interviewed as a witness in one such case.
Disappointingly, I didn't have to go to court as there was enough evidence without mine. At the time I lived abroad and would've been flown back home at Her Maj's expense!

Did a talk on that particular case and indeed collected enough material to have written a book, and was able to put forward an informed theory about why it happened. It's all still upstairs in a big folder.

Anyway... another alleged medical serial killer case is coming up that's almost local to me. Seems particularly sad and outrageous.

We so need that astonished face from Facebook as a quick click response. I do like all the smilies and such here, but I don't like to quote a whole post just to react to awfulness with a quick

Attachments

• shelley fear.jpg
    shelley fear.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 8
Michael Gargiulo, nicknamed the "Hollywood Ripper", has been found guilty of murdering two women.
Prosecutors in Los Angeles painted Gargiulo, 43, as a "stone-cold serial killer" who preyed on women in planned attacks.
He was also found guilty of attempting to kill a 26-year-old in 2008, who survived and testified against him.

Gargiulo is also accused of another murder in the state of Illinois many years before - in 1993, when he allegedly attacked 18-year-old Tricia Pacaccio, the older sister of a friend.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49362599

Well, given rates of medical malpractice being the overwhelmingly major cause of death around the world, I think you're onto something escargot.

I watched the Police interview of Colonel Russell Williams last night on youtube {who says I'm not rock and roll, watching documentaries on a Saturday night?}. It was really disturbing and at times distressing. However the video showed the exceptional skill of the Police investigator who got him to confess in less than an hour. The video highlights the skills and techniques the Detective uses, which is why it is worth watching.The Detective is s skilful he never raises his voice once.

Yes, I've seen Russell Wiliams' documentary on Fifth Estate on CBC. He is scary. He has no remorse for what he did and I can't imagine what he would have continued doing if he were not caught.

I watched the Police interview of Colonel Russell Williams... However the video showed the exceptional skill of the Police investigator who got him to confess in less than an hour..
IIRC he confessed because he didn't want his wife involved more than she had to be. A real WTF for me, because. how can he recognize the hurt it would cause his wife to have the police do more investigation into his case without his direct confession, yet he has no concern for the women he killed,

IIRC he confessed because he didn't want his wife involved more than she had to be. A real WTF for me, because. how can he recognize the hurt it would cause his wife to have the police do more investigation into his case without his direct confession, yet he has no concern for the women he killed,

I don't see a contradiction here.

To an extent, we all view those closest to us (friends, family, spouses) in more rounded and complete terms than distant acquaintances or complete strangers. Our nearest and dearest are fully-fleshed in 3D, accompanied by reconstructions of their internal, mental lives and shaded by capsule biographies of their pasts; those we merely know in passing or have only functional interactions with tend to be dealt with in far less detail, and thought of them only in the moment, assuming they have pasts and futures, but rarely delving into the details; those on the periphery of our mental worlds are mere sketches: unless we make an effort to take a realistic view of them, they are nothing more than composites of recognised traits, reduced in meaning according to their negligible roles in our lives.

If that's a 'normal' perspective, imagine the perspective in extreme: I am the sun around which all turns; my family and friends are satellites who owe their existence to me; all else is mere dust. In this case, Williams viewed his victims as scant more than objects to fulfil his desires. Is there any evidence that any of his victims were known well to him? That he had genuine relationships with them?

I do find it uncomfortably interesting when individuals turn up who are clearly 'insane' in one context, but able to compartmentalise their insanity so that it doesn't bleed through into other areas of their comparatively normal lives.

I recall that one of the common complaints with Bomber Command air-crew in the war was the hideous juxtaposition of the enormous strain and terrible deaths they encountered at close quarters by night with the daylight world of normality they would wake to back on the ground. A man watches his navigator burn to death over Essen, the plane limps back home and he awakes in his bed that afternoon to an angry note asking why he hasn't paid his grocery bill or remembered his auntie's birthday. Many men found this dissonance extremely psychologically taxing, and more than a few 'snapped' in response.

To take the matter to the personal, when I have a problem preying on my mind, I become highly ineffective when it comes to other tasks. There's far too much psychological 'bleed' from one situation to others. From long experience, I've found it better for me to 'hit pause' on regular life (as far as is possible), solve the issue that is troubling me, and return to the daily routine at a higher rate of effort to 'catch up': one strand of life gone awry poisons the other and it is hard to prevent it from doing so.

The idea of thinking something like 'I'd better hurry up with this home invasion and cut back on the usual masturbation because Deidre's invited her friends over for a barbecue at seven,' is utterly implausible, yet some of these mentally ill criminals, like Williams, sustain such existences--lives in which enormity abuts mundanity--for years.

Still being a relative Rookie on this forum, I was not sure where to post this one, but since it does have a post about a photo of Al Capone used as an Avatar, i suppose that I am on the right forum.

I picked up a Digiview Entertainment DVD from a local public library, titled, The Untouchable Legend Al Capone described as "The rise and fall of Chi-Town's most notorious gangster."

The cost was only $1.00, and while I don't care for films with long running times (the DVD cover claimed it ran "Approx. 105 mins"), I looked it up on IMDB, which listed the running time as something approx. one hour, which is about what the DVD did run. And, the IMDB listing did not have any reviews of the film.

It was a mixture of old BW movie documentary footage and color dramatization, also with color interviews with at least one True Crime expert, or Al Capone expert, as well as surviving members of Mr. Capone's family.

I thought it was a good film, although obviously not a film for those True Crime students who want to delve deeply into Mr. Capone's Life and Times, but a good introduction for anyone who wants to do Further Studies.

I consider myself somewhat of a Retired True Crime Student (I won't say "fan," because that word would sound like I have a fondness for True Crime stories, which I don't, but over many years I did do a lot of study of True Crime studies, and read a lot of true crime books, although I would say that interest of mine has lessened in recent years.

So, for you other True Crime Students here on the Forums, have any of you seen the Digiview Entertainment DVD on Al Capone, and do you have any opinions on it?

Last edited:
The idea of thinking something like 'I'd better hurry up with this home invasion and cut back on the usual masturbation because it's Deidre's invited her friends over for a barbecue at seven,' is utterly implausible, yet some of these mentally ill criminals, like Williams, sustain such existences--lives in which enormity abuts mundanity--for years.
A quibble on an excellent post, but psychopaths are not usually considered 'mentally ill' at least in legal terms. I.e. psychopathy would not justify an insanity defence.

A quick question. I have heard that Gary Indiana, due to its plethora of empty buildings has become a dumping ground for as many as 5 serial killers. I am aware of Darren Deon Vann of course, but he has been caught. I also understand that Gary is a place where the police tell you to ignore traffic lights and anything that looks like a police roadblock, because there is serious banditry (for want of a better term) going on. Does anyone know any more about the situation? Is this a huge steaming "urban legend" or is it legitimate?

I'd look at Munchhausen by proxy. What I've seen of the Genene Jones case in Texas, points in that direction, so I'm wondering if this might be in play in this case.

Yes, I've seen Russell Wiliams' documentary on Fifth Estate on CBC. He is scary. He has no remorse for what he did and I can't imagine what he would have continued doing if he were not caught.
Really Scary individual. He most certainly would have committed more murders. You can clearly see the progression in his crimes, from sexually motivated break ins ,sexual assaults to murder. Perfecting his techniques and needing more of a thrill each time.Killers like him tend to need more and more satisfaction and may end up killing more people in a short space of time. The Detective was clever in his use of what was legally,very little evidence.

A serial killer who preyed on gay men along the US east coast is set to be put to death in Florida on Thursday, barring a stay by the US Supreme Court.
Gary Ray Bowles admitted to killing six men in 1994 from Florida to Maryland but was only convicted of three deaths.
Sometimes dubbed the "I-95 killer", most of his victims were found nearby to the interstate corridor that spans the entire eastern seaboard of the US.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49438677

A quick question. I have heard that Gary Indiana, due to its plethora of empty buildings has become a dumping ground for as many as 5 serial killers. I am aware of Darren Deon Vann of course, but he has been caught. I also understand that Gary is a place where the police tell you to ignore traffic lights and anything that looks like a police roadblock, because there is serious banditry (for want of a better term) going on. Does anyone know any more about the situation? Is this a huge steaming "urban legend" or is it legitimate?
A bit of quick Googling revealed this in depth article from the Guardian. Just because it's in the Guardian, doesn't mean it's true, of course.

The city suffered from "white flight" leaving a population that is over 84% African American.

Any African American who ignored a genuine police stop in most parts of the USA would almost certainly be shot dead without further questions. For comparison, remember the black guy who had a legal concealed-carry gun who drew it to respond to the recent mass-shooter and was himself shot dead by the police, apparently on the basis that a black man with a gun must be the problem.

Here's a rather sad quote from the article I've linked below: <<“We used to be the murder capital of the US, but there is hardly anybody left to kill. We used to be the drug capital of the US, but for that you need money, and there aren’t jobs or things to steal here.”>>

Looks to me like Gary, Indiana, is the poster city for extreme urban degeneration in America. No doubt there are other places more or less as bad, but most people like simple single clear examples. I think there are places in South Africa with similar reputations.

On the serial killers' dumping ground thing, this sounds like a popular guesstimate. Until they've found the actual bodies and linked them in some way to individual killers, it is speculation.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/mar/28/poverty-racism-gary-indiana-factory-jobs

I think Gary is well known as one of the if not the most dangerous city in the USA.

I've never been to another allegedly developed country that so much resembled the third world as parts of the US do. As has been pointed out enough already, it's a country whose social problems are baked right into its history. They won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

South Korean police believe they may have solved the case of a notorious serial killer who raped and murdered women 30 years ago.
Police dedicated some 1.8m working days from 1986 to 1991 to investigate 10 women's deaths in rural parts of Hwaseong, south of Seoul.
New DNA tests linked Lee Chun-jae, 56, to at least three of the killings.
The suspect is already serving a life sentence for raping and murdering his sister-in-law in 1994.
He has denied the allegations and cannot be prosecuted, as the statute of limitations for the crime have expired.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-49750184

Back