• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What's The Most Convincing UFO Photo / Evidence?

dr wu

Doctor Prog
Question for Feinman:
I apologize if this is the wrong place for this, and I'm not trying to trap you.... but what is your favorite ufo pic in the public domain that supports your believe it is a genuine extraterrestrial craft?
Also what other 'evidence' (trace/burn marks, debris, etc..) in the public domain do you find irrefutable that supports that idea that ufos are alien craft?

Question for Feinman:
I apologize if this is the wrong pace for this, and I'm not trying to trap you.... but what is your favorite ufo pic in the public domain that supports your believe it is a genuine extraterrestrial craft?
Also what other 'evidence' (trace/burn marks, debris, etc..) in the public domain do you find irrefutable that supports that idea that ufos are alien craft?
I think there are quite a few! I believe the McMinnville UFO photo is real. I believe the Trudel UFO photos are real, as are the Heflin photos. The Farmington photo is real, and the photo from Austria is probably real, Hart photo of Lubbock lights, Sherman police photo, and there are many others. Footage? Nellis, the stabilized Somerset video.. There are many personal experiences and the photos don't always do them justice; UFOs don't often photograph well. There are other good photos here (and hoaxes too):
https://www.ufocasebook.com/bestufopictures2.html

As far as debris, or physical evidence --there were the Tully saucer nests, various indentations at sites, the Delphos case left some physical material --most of the good materials are in the custody of the military and some is at Wright Patterson, Battelle, and Bigelow Aerospace.. I don't believe we can reverse engineer UFO materials.

No need to worry about trapping me! I have seen them close enough and in a context that puts me in a place where I am just waiting for the truth to come out.. It IS indeed coming out! Just very, very slowly..

Last edited:
I think there are quite a few! I believe the McMinnville UFO photo is real. I believe the Trudel UFO photos are real, as are the Heflin photos. The Farmington photo is real, and the photo from Austria is probably real, Hart photo of Lubbock lights, Sherman police photo, and there are many others. Footage? Nellis, the stabilized Somerset video.. There are many personal experiences and the photos don't always do them justice; UFOs don't often photograph well. There are other good photos here (and hoaxes too):
https://www.ufocasebook.com/bestufopictures2.html

As far as debris, or physical evidence --there were the Tully saucer nests, various indentations at sites, the Delphos case left some physical material --most of the good materials are in the custody of the military and some is at Wright Patterson, Battelle, and Bigelow Aerospace.. I don't believe we can reverse engineer UFO materials.

No need to worry about trapping me! I have seen them close enough and in a context that puts me in a place where I am just waiting for the truth to come out.. It IS indeed coming out! Just very, very slowly..
I am of course familiar with most of those...had not see the Farmington pics before...very odd looking. There are some who believe the Heflin and McMinville pics are hoaxes...not sure on the Trudel pics..I couldn't find much info on that case, though they remind me of the Billy Meier case. The Sherman photo is so amorphous that it's difficult to say what it represents..imo. The only physical trace case I ever thought was interesting was the Delphi case....but imo it doesn't mean it was an alien craft...simply an unknown.
Again what is your single best case with irrefutable evidence..? Just one event that screams aliens to you..?

I am of course familiar with most of those...had not see the Farmington pics before...very odd looking. There are some who believe the Heflin and McMinville pics are hoaxes...not sure on the Trudel pics..I couldn't find much info on that case, though they remind me of the Billy Meier case. The Sherman photo is so amorphous that it's difficult to say what it represents..imo. The only physical trace case I ever thought was interesting was the Delphi case....but imo it doesn't mean it was an alien craft...simply an unknown.
Again what is your single best case with irrefutable evidence..? Just one event that screams aliens to you..?
I think it's important to listen to witnesses more than pay attention to the photographs, though they generally reinforce witness testimony. The McMinnville UFO and Heflin photos have been analyzed and found to be real. Also the Cocoyoc Object --it's IN one of the Woonsocket saucers:
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...ls-photos-woonsocket-rhode-island-1967.65798/
Many UFOs LOOK like balloons; that doesn't mean that they are balloons --UFOs have even been seen approaching Mogul balloons! See the old articles.. Not all traces have to be something never seen before --they might be from UFOs but not extraordinary substances themselves.

I think it's important to listen to witnesses more than pay attention to the photographs, though they generally reinforce witness testimony. The McMinnville UFO and Heflin photos have been analyzed and found to be real. Also the Cocoyoc Object --it's IN one of the Woonsocket saucers:
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...ls-photos-woonsocket-rhode-island-1967.65798/
Many UFOs LOOK like balloons; that doesn't mean that they are balloons --UFOs have even been seen approaching Mogul balloons! See the old articles.. Not all traces have to be something never seen before --they might be from UFOs but not extraordinary substances themselves.
Others have thought that the Heflin and McMinnville cases were hoaxes...so we have a conflict here; just because the photos are genuine does not mean they are genuine ufos/alien craft. But I really don't want to get into a s discussion of that aspect.
I still would like your single best case...or do you not have one that screams aliens to you?

Others have thought that the Heflin and McMinnville cases were hoaxes...so we have a conflict here; just because the photos are genuine does not mean they are genuine ufos/alien craft. But I really don't want to get into a s discussion of that aspect.
I still would like your single best case...or do you not have one that screams aliens to you?
The problem is that there are way too many! I post mostly about the ones I find the most imoressive; many of those are in the newspaper articles section; they demonstrate certain characteristics, or reveal particular things about our "visitors". I very much like the Nellis footage: it's good, and illuminating. The Farmington case is good, because the obje ts showed up at the same time each day, filling the sky; the Nuremburg UFOs from 1561 are the same objects swinging back through again in Farmington in 1950. My experience is linked to the McMinnville UFO (photo), as I suppose you read, and to one later that year, and others too. Photographs will always be controvertible for skeptics, especially in this age of digital manipulation. Read the articles; a lot of people have had a good look at these things, and there is a pattern and similarity to the technology and behavior of the devices, and the downright mind-blowing nature of UFO experiences..

Again, it is from sheer exhaustion and years of posting that I don't go on and on about these things. I want to, often, but there is so much, my fingers will break off.

Last edited:
Going out of town....I'll ck out those links on Thursday.

The Cocoyoc sighting was obviously a balloon, albeit one of a somewhat unusual design.
The Nellis footage looks like a balloon too.
The Wanaque series of events was an on-going hoax, perpetrated deliberately using fire-balloons (home-made chinese lanterns).
The Portage police chase is obviously a misidentification. Police are terrible at this sort of thing.
We've discussed the Nuremburg UFOs of 1561 before; the illustrations accompanying the account are more-or-less identical to contemporary illustrations of circumsolar ice halo events, so I suspect that is what we are looking at.
The McMinnville UFO is a blatant hoax.
I don't believe the Farmington event even happened as described. Three days of UFOs, and one crappy photo? No chance.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Here's the Farmington photo; no context, no way of relating the images to the horizon or known objects; I suspect this is a fake or mock-up, like the photos supposedly from the Washington 1952 flap.

Attachments

• farm.jpg
    farm.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 22
That's right. Contemporary illustrations of ice halo phenomena look very similar to the Nurnberg illustration, although there seems to have been a certain amount of exaggeration going on in 1561;
fefe.jpg

I was actually referring to this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1561_celestial_phenomenon_over_Nuremberg
Read about how the objects moved --rushing at each other, and compare with the Farmington objects' movements:

FARMINGTON:

https://www.thinkaboutitdocs.com/1950-the-farmington-ufo-armada/

https://www.koat.com/article/witness-recalls-1950-farmington-ufo-armada/5068732

"“They appeared to be coming at each other head-on,” he related. “At the last second, one would veer at right angles upward, the other at right angles downward. One saucer would pass another and immediately the one to the rear would zoom into the lead.”

"All these square-looking formations in the sky. They were made up of dots, and the dots would shift from one formation to another," he said. "The first day there were a few, the second day there were too many to count and the third day, there were maybe 30 or 40 of them left."

Riggs said they were high in the sky and people had to look hard to see them. He said one of the teachers cried, but that the children were not afraid as the objects in the sky did not present any threat."

1561:
"In the morning of April 14, 1561, at daybreak, between 4 and 5 a.m., a dreadful apparition occurred on the sun, and then this was seen in Nuremberg in the city, before the gates and in the country – by many men and women. At first there appeared in the middle of the sun two blood-red semi-circular arcs, just like the moon in its last quarter. And in the sun, above and below and on both sides, the color was blood, there stood a round ball of partly dull, partly black ferrous color. Likewise there stood on both sides and as a torus about the sun such blood-red ones and other balls in large number, about three in a line and four in a square, also some alone. In between these globes there were visible a few blood-red crosses, between which there were blood-red strips, becoming thicker to the rear and in the front malleable like the rods of reed-grass, which were intermingled, among them two big rods, one on the right, the other to the left, and within the small and big rods there were three, also four and more globes. These all started to fight among themselves, so that the globes, which were first in the sun, flew out to the ones standing on both sides, thereafter, the globes standing outside the sun, in the small and large rods, flew into the sun. Besides the globes flew back and forth among themselves and fought vehemently with each other for over an hour. "

Himmelserscheinung_%C3%BCber_N%C3%BCrnberg_vom_14._April_1561.jpg

LinkSeltsame_Gestalt_so_in_disem_MDLXVI_Jar.jpg

Here's the Farmington photo; no context, no way of relating the images to the horizon or known objects; I suspect this is a fake or mock-up, like the photos supposedly from the Washington 1952 flap.
There is no proof of a hoax. It would be an amazing one if it was, and certainly not what you'd expect from a hoax. This photo was apparently sent to a Scottish boys' magazine, with the note on the back "Farmington #29" --there could have been other photos now lost or confiscated, and this was the one that survived, as it was sent to Scotland at the time the others went missing. Looks real to me. It even very much matches Zigel's description of some UFOs:
https://news.google.com/newspapers?...RFNAAAAIBAJ&sjid=IkgDAAAAIBAJ&pg=7098,4541412

Riggs said they were high in the sky and people had to look hard to see them. He said one of the teachers cried, but that the children were not afraid as the objects in the sky did not present any threat."
This is the most important factor in the Farmington account; they could barely be seen. This is not consistent at all with the photo, which shows huge, nearby objects and is almost certainly a fake.

This is the most important factor in the Farmington account; they could barely be seen. This is not consistent at all with the photo, which shows huge, nearby objects and is almost certainly a fake.
There is no evidence of a fake, period. The only thing that can be said is that it is of unknown provenance. The objects appeared for several days --perhaps some were closer to the ground at some point. That's why I said photos will always be controvertible for skeptics, and I don't often reference them :cool:

The smaller probes are the right size, the larger objects look to contain those.

The smaller probes are the right size, the larger objects look to contain those.

Sorry, but that is just wrong. The witnesses said they could barely see these objects; this is consistent with the local sheriff's explanation that they were cotton seeds.

Sorry, but that is just wrong. The witnesses said they could barely see these objects; this is consistent with the local sheriff's explanation that they were cotton seeds.
At least one adult was crying. They hadn't seen blowing cotton before? Those who saw something unusual outnumber vastly those cotton seers. And cotton moves like that? Read the descriptions. Not a chance.

If the Farmington photo were a real photo, it would have to be a telephoto image; you are asking us to believe that some unknown witness had a telephoto lens, and only took one, tightly cropped photo. Forgive my skepticism.

The cotton seed explanation seems entirely consistent to me. More than a fleet of UFOs photgraphed just once with a telephoto lens. By an anonymous photographer.

The cotton seed explanation seems entirely consistent to me. More than a fleet of UFOs photgraphed just once with a telephoto lens. By an anonymous photographer.
So semi-transparent cotton randomly blowing around like it always does every year high in the air was quickly moving around in formations and could be seen for days --almost everyone thought it was anomalous --kids thought it was cool and some adults were affected by it.
e,g,:
"Riggs is a retired commercial pilot who served in Vietnam and was a free fall parachutist. In all his time in the sky, he said he never saw unusual objects like he observed over Farmington when he was a child.

He said a man walked up to him and several friends on the playground during one of the three days of sightings and told them to never forget.

"You take a good hard look at it and you remember it, because you may not ever see anything like this in your life again," Riggs said. "And he was right."
https://www.koat.com/article/witness-recalls-1950-farmington-ufo-armada/5068732

"The article went on to claim that the objects, which one witness estimated to be about the size of a B-29 airplane, seemed “to play tag high in the air,” and raced across the sky at speeds estimated to be about 1,000 miles an hour."
https://dgomag.com/contents/3501

“The objects appeared to play tag high in the air. At times they streaked away at almost unbelievable speeds,” the Daily Times noted. “One witness did a triangulation sighting on one of the objects and estimated its speed at about 1,000 miles an hour, and estimated its size as approximately twice that of a B-29.”

Clayton Boddy, then 32, was an eyewitness and told the Daily Times there seemed to be about 500 of them. In 1968, he remained adamant in an interview with another UFO researcher about what he had seen."

"Whatever they were, they caused a major sensation in this community, which lies only 110 air miles northwest of the huge Los Alamos Atomic installation.”

Find me some cotton that does that; more likely to be pterodactyls than cotton.

The witnesses were probably deceived by the home-made fire-balloons that were being released at the time.

Back