• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Animal Poop & Pooping Behavior (Misc.)

The same Grannie who took us door-to-door in a vain attempt to find somewhere to clean up my little brother had some earlier experience of dog-shit. Unwisely, perhaps, she once confided that one of her merriest recollections of childhood was preparing a shit sandwich for a schoolmate. The fact that Grannie had done this and admitted it may have been our excuse for the day we ran up to her and a stately friend, proffering a dog-sausage in a Mars Bar wrapper.

"Is it choclit?" enquired the friend, affecting not to hear what we had actually shouted.
What goes around, comes around. We were certainly in deep shit for it later! :dpoo:

Someone did the opposite at a supermarket where I briefly worked. There had been a spillage of cat litter from a damaged bag so they swept it up and put it in a litter tray. Then they bought a chocolate bar, stuck it in the canteen microwave and placed the gooey, lumpy mess on top of the litter for the day shift to find.

I supposed to have grown out of it by now?

I do remember spending some time on Youtube one night, watching variations on the dog-shit sandwich theme, trying to work out which ones were the real thing and which faked. I was not proud of this. I could only explain it to myself as a way to avoid the pile of unmarked exercise books beside me! :rolleyes:

I have rarely pondered the nature of excrement but after reading some of this collection here in the forum I have had a thought.

But first a little background...

Until I was 7 in 1971 I lived in Newmarket (UK).

People didn't pick up dog pooh in those days if it was produced in the public arena and there was quite a lot of it about.

The strange thing is that I remember there being lots of white or very light beige dog turds littering the pavement. Not every dog turd you understand (some of them were brown) but enough of them for it to be statistically significant.

I don't see white dog turds anymore, anyone know why?

Could it be the ingredients of dog food have changed, could it be that dogs have changed or could it be my memory playing tricks on me?

Does anyone else remember white dog turds back in the 70s .... if so where have they all gone?

Does anyone else remember white dog turds back in the 70s .... if so where have they all gone?

Popular theory is that modern dog food contains a lot less bone meal (partially thanks to the BSE crisis) and more cereal grains.

I have rarely pondered the nature of excrement but after reading some of this collection here in the forum I have had a thought.

But first a little background...

Until I was 7 in 1971 I lived in Newmarket (UK).

People didn't pick up dog pooh in those days if it was produced in the public arena and there was quite a lot of it about.

The strange thing is that I remember there being lots of white or very light beige dog turds littering the pavement. Not every dog turd you understand (some of them were brown) but enough of them for it to be statistically significant.

I don't see white dog turds anymore, anyone know why?

Could it be the ingredients of dog food have changed, could it be that dogs have changed or could it be my memory playing tricks on me?

Years ago we had an entire thread about this. In fact, there was talk of an experiment wherein posters would eat the ash or bonemeal or summat and ninja-crap on each other's lawns at night with the intention of leaving an example of the legendary white turd.

Back