• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Some animals just keep growing their entire lives.
Though would size be an advantage for an animal that lives off carrion?

And there would be a lack of predators too as the main predator of eels in this country are Cockneys and there is a distinct lack of pearly kings and queens in the Loch Ness area.

And there would be a lack of predators too as the main predator of eels in this country are Cockneys and there is a distinct lack of pearly kings and queens in the Loch Ness area.

Just because you've never seen them doesn't mean they aren't there.

DNA from humans, dogs, sheep, cattle, deer, badgers, rabbits, voles and birds were also identified by the researchers.

Thanks to the DNA survey there's more evidence of aquatic Cockneys in Loch Ness than a plesiosaur. And now we know there's lots of eels we know the habitat can support them.

"more evidence of aquatic Cockneys in Loch Ness than a plesiosaur. "

Ah yes, those noisy and annoying cryptids who greet each other with plaintive calls of "Gor blimey! Stone the crows and leave it aaht! The missus'll never believe this 'un!".

"more evidence of aquatic Cockneys in Loch Ness than a plesiosaur. "

Ah yes, those noisy and annoying cryptids who greet each other with plaintive calls of "Gor blimey! Stone the crows and leave it aaht! The missus'll never believe this 'un!".
When they dive: "Shut it! You're goin' dahn!"

Eels in Loch Ness....

...That is one of the most non headlines I have ever heard.

What next?

Clotted cream in Cornwall...
Sweet wrappers on the floor of the Houses of Parliment....
Kippers on the Isle of Man
Strange events in the FT....

The point is, the DNA survey was to identify what animals had left evidence in the loch. They also found DNA from humans, dogs, sheep, cattle, deer, badgers, rabbits, voles & birds, all entirely uncontroversial. They didn't find anything anomalous.

Eels are just the [possibly] most likely of all these to be mistaken for an unidentified creature of some sort.

Reducing it to Eels In Loch Ness misses the point.

No evidence of a large fish such as a sturgeon were found.

I posted this earlier in the thread:

On looking up seals in the loch, it seems they're actually quite rare - according to this study, a seal is seen in the loch on average every two years. That's one seal. So if there was one it'd be unusual & noticeable.

In the documentary Loch Ness with Ted Danson, there are fishing boats on the loch, which leads me to believe it may not be entirely accurate. But (squeaky voice) ye haff tae believe tae see it.

Boats of all sorts go through the loch

Its on the Caledonan canal, -its a throughfare.

Hunck, sorry for not paying attention; didnt read the bit about lack of sturgeon.

But Seals are more common than I thought.

I suppose they are like the seals I have seen, -spend a lot of time watching humans.

In the documentary Loch Ness with Ted Danson, there are fishing boats on the loch, which leads me to believe it may not be entirely accurate. But (squeaky voice) ye haff tae believe tae see it.

Maybe they were fishing for eels.. By all accounts it doesn't support a large fish population, but that's not to say there are no fish in it.

The point is, the DNA survey was to identify what animals had left evidence in the loch. They also found DNA from humans, dogs, sheep, cattle, deer, badgers, rabbits, voles & birds, all entirely uncontroversial. They didn't find anything anomalous.

Eels are just the [possibly] most likely of all these to be mistaken for an unidentified creature of some sort.

Reducing it to Eels In Loch Ness misses the point.
The point is, Bigfoot is hoaxing Nessie to divert attention from itself...

I'm at a transport café for breakfast today and reading The Sun.
Front page story is "Loch Yes Monster" with a photo of the huge eel caught on an automatic underwater camera.
Hard to estimate size, although it appears to be at least 4 times the length of the salmon also in shot.

Last edited:
I'm at a transport café for breakfast today and reading The Sun.
Front page story is "Loch Yes Monster" with a photo of the huge eel caught on an automatic underwater camera.
Hard to estimate size, although it appears to be at least 4 times the length of the salmon also in shot.

Video on their website. The English edition goes with

LOCH YES MONSTER Boffins believe they’ve finally got video proof that Nessie exists…and is actually a giant eel

The Scottish Sun quickly followed it up with

GET R-EEL Nessie hunter says ‘eel’ is actually a stick and that Loch Ness monster still exists

But full-time Nessie hunter Steve Feltham, 56, rubbished Ness Fishery Board’s clip.
He said: “The man who put the camera there is adamant it’s a stick.
"It was in about 3ft of water so looks bigger.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/4736212/loch-ness-nessie-monster-eel/

The mystery thing doesn't appear to be actually swimming, more drifting. Don't know how big that foreground fish is and there's no objects for scale (fish pun not intended).

WE NESSED UP!
Loch Ness Monster may still exist – after boffins backtrack on giant eel claims

KILLJOY boffins who claimed Nessie is a giant eel have now admitted the monster may exist.

Scientists from New Zealand backtracked on their explanation after revealing that 125million DNA findings analysed from Loch Ness had failed to be identified.
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/4750841/loch-ness-monster-boffin-giant-eel/

1569436072696.jpeg

WE NESSED UP!
Loch Ness Monster may still exist – after boffins backtrack on giant eel claims

KILLJOY boffins who claimed Nessie is a giant eel have now admitted the monster may exist.

Scientists from New Zealand backtracked on their explanation after revealing that 125million DNA findings analysed from Loch Ness had failed to be identified.
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/4750841/loch-ness-monster-boffin-giant-eel/

That's my new custom title sorted.

Back