• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

666 (Six Six Six): The Devil's Number? The Number Of The Beast?

Given the surreal / psychedelic dream scenario, why couldn't the 'AH' stand for 'Aldous Huxley'?

We have threads on the number 666.

My favorite discovery regarding 666 is that when using a protractor to mark out a pentagram, 360/5 = 72. 72=66+6.

This is the only 666 thread I can find so I'm posting this picture here.
It came up on my Facebook feed from 6 years ago. I snapped it with my first smartphone (the green cover features prominently) and it appears to be of the Devil's plumber's car.

Edit: the plate reads 'L666 LOO'.

Attachments

• L666LOO.jpg
    L666LOO.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
As Revelations was originally written in Greek, the 1st and 8th letters of their alphabet are Alpha and Theta.
There don't seem to be many even remotely famous people with names matching those letters.
Author Adam Thorpe?
Actress Annie Thurman?

We have threads on this fascinating subject which I can't find. Tried various combinations of 666, Devil's Number, Number of the Beast, etc.

We have threads on this fascinating subject which I can't find. Tried various combinations of 666, Devil's Number, Number of the Beast, etc.

You're there now ... All posts from the thread in which you posted have now been moved to the oldest / largest thread on the subject.

I thought I had posted this years ago. Probably I did, though not in this thread.

It must have been at least fifteen years ago that I glanced at the odometer on my crapmobile as it turned over to read 66666.6 miles.

I was on the A.666. Less than a mile of my trip over to Swinton was on the Bolton road.

The journey, thankfully, was otherwise uneventful. :)

Many years ago I worked in the motor trade, and my employer bought about 50 new cars with consecutively numbered registration plates, the consecutive numbers ran from about 640 up to 690, but there was no 666 on the list.

When I pointed this out, he said he'd asked for 666 to be left out as, in his experience, vehicles with 666 on the license plate broke down more often and were involved in more accidents than other cars.

I've no idea if there was/is any truth to this, but my boss, a straightlaced guy who'd been in the industry for decades certainly believed it.

Wasn't there a theory that 666 was an incorrect translation? And that that Lucifer's dialing code was something like 668? Or not this dimension again?

I thought I had posted this years ago. Probably I did, though not in this thread. ...

Yeah ... Four times already ...

2002: (Honorable Mention)
RE: The A666
I do remember a slight shudder when I glanced down at the dashboard while at a junction on that very road and observed that the last three digits on the milometer were also 666.
Macabre Place Names
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/macabre-place-names.2462/post-39949

2007:
The World's Most Dangerous Road

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/the-worlds-most-dangerous-road.30579/post-730015

2015:
Return Of The Giant Hogweed

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/return-of-the-giant-hogweed.53920/post-1520077

Routes of Coincidence: A Twin 66?
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/routes-of-coincidence-a-twin-66.59746/post-1523573

:evillaugh:

:doh:

It does provide a time-line for the way an anecdote becomes fixed: without the intention to exaggerate, I can now distinctly "see" the full array of sixes. Vigilant readers will note that the 2002 post refers only to the last three digits and the sensible decision to keep my eyes on the road! :cooll:

Techy was looking at his Strava stats for the year so far. He has achieved all his goals and hopes to go on to greater things next year. :)
So it's distance, number of rides, elevation, number of hours...
:omg:

666 hours.png

Techy was looking at his Strava stats for the year so far. He has achieved all his goals and hopes to go on to greater things next year. :)
So it's distance, number of rides, elevation, number of hours...
:omg:

View attachment 49984
He’s averaging just over 12mph, fairly close to my average speed riding in town with stops at traffic lights etc. I don’t do as many miles as him though. I’ve done around 7000 miles in about 2 years. Am similarly something of an old fart.

He’s averaging just over 12mph, fairly close to my average speed riding in town with stops at traffic lights etc. I don’t do as many miles as him though. I’ve done around 7000 miles in about 2 years. Am similarly something of an old fart.
He keeps looking at other cyclists' stats and fretting about not being as good. I tell him It's about YOU, not them. Your fitness is fantastic now compared to how it used to be, and that's what matters.

Blokes, eh. :chuckle:

He was literally saving his own mobility, if not his life. Fitness is a fantastic feeling. :cool:

This 'monster' drink which is popular has lettering on it which is actually the number 666 in Hebrew.

Attachments

• 666.jpg
    666.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 7
No, and sorry to sound rude, it's not false. The number 6 in Hebrew. A customer of mine who can read and speak Hebrew told me that. He's a Rabbi. So what do you think the symbol means? Did the company just think up a random symbol that just happens to bear a resemblance to the number 666 by chance? Why did they then make up that symbol that bears a close resemblance to the Hebrew number 666?

I'm not saying there's anything satanic about it. I'm simply saying......

No offence intended.

Attachments

• 6.png
    6.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
No, and sorry to sound rude, it's not false. The number 6 in Hebrew. A customer of mine who can read and speak Hebrew told me that. He's a Rabbi. So what do you think the symbol means? Did the company just think up a random symbol that just happens to bear a resemblance to the number 666 by chance? Why did they then make up that symbol that bears a close resemblance to the Hebrew number 666?

I'm not saying there's anything satanic about it. I'm simply saying......

No offence intended.
Vav.

No offence intended.
I'm sorry to say I don't know what 'Vav' means. Could you enlighten me. I'm old school. Thanks.

Edit: I'm not sure what went wrong with the quote thing. I thought I was just quoting 'Vav'.

I'm sorry to say I don't know what 'Vav' means. Could you enlighten me. I'm old school. Thanks.

Edit: I'm not sure what went wrong with the quote thing. I thought I was just quoting 'Vav'.
Ah, just agreeing. Vav is the 6th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.

Last edited:
It's not really a random symbol though, is it? It's a large M made to look like it has been ripped by claws. Such as those of a monster.
That's always how I saw it.

Of course it's not IMPOSSIBLE that some really creative, sneaky, Hebrew marketing artist did this on purpose, but I'm far more inclined to not give people more credit than seems reasonable.

This one seems extra silly to me. Right up there with Paul Is Dead or evangelicals freaking out at the old Proctor & Gamble logo.

This one seems extra silly to me. Right up there with Paul Is Dead or evangelicals freaking out at the old Proctor & Gamble logo.
Product placement, advertising, the brand and so on. There nothing silly or accidental about how a multi billion dollar business runs.

All aspects of the implications of the logo of that brand would have been gone into in fine detail.

Maybe the person whose job it was to predict crackpot misinterpretations of ancient Hebrew numbers was on vacation.

Seriously, that does not mean 666 in Hebrew any more than IVI means 151 in Roman numerals. But believe whatever you like.

Maybe the person whose job it was to predict crackpot misinterpretations of ancient Hebrew numbers was on vacation.

Seriously, that does not mean 666 in Hebrew any more than IVI means 151 in Roman numerals. But believe whatever you like.
So Pepsi doesn't mean Pepsi? Numbers and letters are what they are, numbers and letters. They all have a meaning. Whether 666 has any particular significance, I don't know but to suggest the company didn't know that the logo was 666 in Hebrew beggars belief.

This is the Fortean forum where tenuous and sometimes not so tenuous links to the odd, the peculiar and the unexplained are often debated and looked in to.

If someone who reads and speaks Hebrew says to me that is 666 in Hebrew it's not a question of my belief, it's a question of his authority via me versus yours. Can you read Hebrew?

Apologies if the above reads in anyway rude or 'having a go'. I don't intend it in that way.

Back