• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Cattle Mutilations

If it is a predator, then it's a fairly uncommon one which they don't see evidence of very often. What sort of predator can leave a carcass with what appear to be cuts?
Not only that. Laser-edged cuts, cauterised.

I spent an evening with a former scientist from Oregon State University some time ago; he brought albums of pics with him and had no good explanation for it. In some cases it happens very quockly while the animal is out of sight for a short time.

You'd think the aliens would have collected enough spare parts to build their own cow by now and thus would be able to stop collecting more bits.

Would any of the mutilation patterns leave evidence on a defleshed skeleton. I'm thinking archaeological specimens.

They have built their own cow, out of nothing but the anuses and eyeballs they've collected. ...

... And mocked humanity by leaking the technology for what we know as Google Deep Dream, so that any image of an animal we feed into the app transforms into a mass of what appear to be eyeballs and anuses.

Several of the posts above remind me of what I have been asking for years .... why would aliens want cattle parts anyway.?
To what purpose..?

Several of the posts above remind me of what I have been asking for years .... why would aliens want cattle parts anyway.?
To what purpose..?
Forbidden delicacy?

‘The oral microbiomes of dairy cattle are also similar in constitution with respect to their individual gut microbiomes, and oral samples are routinely taken as noninvasive proxies for assessing the health and potential pathogenic growth of bacteria in the microbial community of their rumen.’
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5665491/
I’ve often wondered if it is aliens (could be something else but almost as strange), perhaps they are periodically analyzing the changing terrestrial microbiota and introducing the microbiota into a captive population of meat producing animals for food for some population, perhaps of humans, perhaps in a different place / world. Far out, I know… But that’s all I’ve got.

‘The oral microbiomes of dairy cattle are also similar in constitution with respect to their individual gut microbiomes, and oral samples are routinely taken as noninvasive proxies for assessing the health and potential pathogenic growth of bacteria in the microbial community of their rumen.’
I’ve often wondered if it is aliens (could be something else but almost as strange), perhaps they are periodically analyzing the changing terrestrial microbiota and introducing the microbiota into a captive population of meat producing animals for food for some population, perhaps of humans, perhaps in a different place / world. Far out, I know… But that’s all I’ve got.
Interesting idea. To what end, do you think?
Maybe they have human slaves?

Would any of the mutilation patterns leave evidence on a defleshed skeleton. I'm thinking archaeological specimens.

Any of the organ removal operations could result in cut marks on nearby bones. I would think this should be particularly common in those cases exhibiting deep linear incisions.

Any of the organ removal operations could result in cut marks on nearby bones. I would think this should be particularly common in those cases exhibiting deep linear incisions.

I'm trying to work out how to sift through a fair number of reports to see if I can pull something out. And, if I can, to log how it has been interpreted.

Why not just take a few cattle( or whatever animal u want) and breed them elsewhere..?
There's nothing logical imho of taking a few odd cow parts now and then.

Why not just take a few cattle( or whatever animal u want) and breed them elsewhere..?
There's nothing logical imho of taking a few odd cow parts now and then.
Agreed for breeding purposes, but if one wanted to make them maintain the same microbiomes as the cattle on earth or create a similar environment, it would need to be re-calibrated periodically with new microbiota, or the two environments would diverge. Weak, I know. I'm not saying this is the answer but it's all I can come up with. There might be something more akin to Skinwalker Ranch phenomena going on (whatever that is!).

From Feinman’s link above:

LUYLHUYONVA5RBATMZNR4WKBZY.jpg

l’m seeing nothing there that doesn’t look exactly like the products of natural predation and/or decomposition.

Eyes, tongue & external genitalia: the bits not covered by the stuff from which we make tough boots and jackets.

maximus otter

I had to re read the section about "the humble villager of Saille". First time through it wasn't clear if the villager was expecting or the cow!

The Associated Press (AP) has picked up the story of the new Oregon incidents ...
Bizarre deaths of bulls in Oregon recall 1970s mutilations

The first dead bull was found in a timbered ravine in eastern Oregon. There was no indication it had been shot, attacked by predators or eaten poisonous plants. The animal’s sex organs and tongue had been removed. All the blood was gone.

In the next few days, four more Hereford bulls were found within 1.5 miles (2.4 kilometers) in the same condition. There were no tracks around the carcasses. Ranch management and law enforcement suspect that someone killed the bulls. Ranch hands have been advised to travel in pairs and to go armed.

Ever since the bulls were found over several days in July, Harney County Sheriff’s Deputy Dan Jenkins has received many calls and emails from people speculating what, or who, might be responsible.

The theories range from scavengers such as carrion bugs eating the carcasses to people attacking the animals to cause financial harm to ranchers. One person suggested that Jenkins look for craters underneath the carcasses, saying it would be evidence the bulls had been levitated into a spaceship, mutilated, and then dropped back to the ground.

Jenkins, who is leading the investigation that also involves state police, has run into only dead ends, with no witnesses. “If anyone has concrete information or knows of any cases that have been solved in the past, that would definitely be helpful,” he said from his office in Burns.

Colby Marshall, vice president of the Silvies Valley Ranch that owned the bulls, has another theory: “We think that this crime is being perpetuated by some sort of a cult,” he said.

The case recalls mutilations of livestock across the West and Midwest in the 1970s that struck fear in rural areas. Thousands of cattle and other livestock were found dead with the reproductive organs, and sometimes part of their faces, removed, in territory ranging from Minnesota to New Mexico. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.apnews.com/3db8829a222e45b08ed93834f792e9c5/gallery/810b5b6f2c164e978c16b4b82f9d2728

Is it possible to lick up all the blood on the ground from around a wound in a carcass? I'm not asking because I'd like to try it myself, you understand, but if an animal can do it, then that might explain a lot.

'Not One Drop Of Blood': Cattle Mysteriously Mutilated In Oregon

October 8, 20191:28 PM ET
Heard on All Things Considered

mysterious-bull-deaths__ak__3_custom-386bf0c24ea655fcc3a1d81694edb69b57b17ff2-s1600-c85.jpg

In the early morning light, dust from hooves creates a fog at Silvies Valley Ranch in remote eastern Oregon. Cowboys whistle and talk low to their eager herding dogs. They're moving the cattle from one vast, sage-studded range to another.

Five young purebred bulls mysteriously showed up dead on the ranch this past summer, drained of blood and with body parts precisely removed.

The ranch's vice president, Colby Marshall, drives his truck down a U.S. Forest Service road.

"Then we'll get out and take a little walk to where one of the bulls was found. And the carcass is still there," Marshall says.

Coming upon one of the dead bulls is an eerie scene. The forest is hot and still, apart from a raven's repeating caw. The bull looks like a giant, deflated plush toy. It smells. Weirdly, there are no signs of buzzards, coyotes or other scavengers. His red coat is as shiny as if he were going to the fair, but he's bloodless and his tongue and genitals have been surgically cut out.

Marshall says these young livestock were just reaching their top value as breeding bulls. The animals are worth around $6,000 each. And since these were breeding bulls, hundreds of thousands of dollars' worth of future calves were lost too.

Finding these young Herefords in this remote country can sometimes take the ranch's experienced cowboys days. Ranch staff members are now required to ride in pairs and are encouraged to carry arms.

"It's rugged," Marshall says. "I mean this is the frontier. If some person, or persons, has the ability to take down a 2,000-pound range bull, you know, it's not inconceivable that they wouldn't have a lot of problems dealing with a 180-pound cowboy."

Theories abound

Harney County Sheriff's Deputy Dan Jenkins has been working the cattle cases and has gotten dozens of calls from all over offering tips and suggestions.

"A lot of people lean toward the aliens," Jenkins says. "One caller had told us to look for basically a depression under the carcass. 'Cause he said that the alien ships will kinda beam the cow up and do whatever they are going to do with it. Then they just drop them from a great height."

Jenkins says the cases have been tough, with little evidence and no credible leads.

On his whiteboard, he has a running list scrawled in green marker with the top theories. What's clear: It isn't bears, wolves, cougars or poisonous plants. Nor were the animals shot.

The FBI won't confirm or deny that it's looking into the multiple slaughters.

Two years ago and 200 miles south, near New Princeton, Ore., one of Andie Davies' cows was also found cut up and bloodless.

She and her husband drove concentric circles around the corpse, but they never found any tracks.

And in this dusty country, "everything you do leaves tracks," Davies says.

Back in the 1980s, one of Terry Anderson's mother cows was mysteriously killed overnight. Standing at his ranch near Pendleton, Ore., Anderson points to the exact spot where he found her on top of a mountain.

He remembers his cow lying dead, her udder removed with something razor sharp.

"And not one drop of blood anywhere," Anderson says.

He has never gotten over it.

"It's just left a really strange feeling with me since that day. You can't explain it," Anderson says. "And, you know, no one else has been able to explain it."

The Harney County Sheriff's Office continues to field calls on the killings. And Silvies Valley Ranch has put up a $25,000 reward for information that could solve the case.

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/08/767283820/not-one-drop-of-blood-cattle-mysteriously-mutilated-in-oregon

Back