• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

"Storm Area 51" (Campaign To 'Raid' Area 51: Sept. 20, 2019)

They have already shot people. Killed a guy at another site in Nevada earlier this year. They don't bluff.

I'm sorry, but I just can't resist the lure of Bill Murray...

bucket.png

If someone does break in, the military will have to shoot him/her.
"Have to". Right. Because obviously just arresting them won't be an option. Does it worry you that the tenor of your posts on this subject seems to suggest you're actively looking forward to such an outcome?

@AlchoPwn - how's it going? I hope you're all having a (pleasant, metaphorical) blast!

"It’s worth pointing out that Naruto running will not improve your chances of out-running any bullets, which is something anyone considering storming Area 51 should keep in mind."
It'll give a few moments of 'nerd-cred' before a hail of bullets makes things go red.

"Have to". Right. Because obviously just arresting them won't be an option. Does it worry you that the tenor of your posts on this subject seems to suggest you're actively looking forward to such an outcome?

I don't think that you are following the logic of this.

There are signs on all our power grid substation doors stating, literally, 'DANGER OF DEATH'. And you don't find people trying to enter them as it is obvious why the signs are there.

There are signs around the place (and at other installations) saying, 'Lethal force may be used'. If people were to attack this place regardless of the warnings and all that happened was they were arrested then the signs and what they predict will be worthless. Even worst than worthless as the signal will go out that the US military is crying wolf. They won't do as they say. So let's raid, say, a nuclear power station next.

Any warning is pointless if it is never acted upon.

It would teach a salutory lesson if even one person were to be shot (not necessarily fatally) as they next time someone suggests doing it there will be a marked reluctance to do so.

Maybe the mentality of the people who are doing these stupid things needs examining more closely, or their affiliations.

INT21

:loveyou: I can just see his/her violin case strapped to their back as they Naruto-ed by!

I'm rather happy it's basically been a day of daftness, people swapping jokes, camping out together and generally shooting the breeze for shits'n'giggles. I saw a nice photo earlier - folks are being 'allowed' to pose in front of the gates in costume - and a couple of the Sheriffs and soldiers were smiling along behind the barrier too. So far, so good. A triumph of good-naturedness over doom-mongery for just one day.

Yes it's silly and inspired by Internet f*ckwittery but what the heck. They got together for something that was good for their souls!

960x0.jpg
(Associated Press via https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisett...m-area-51but-only-150-showed-up/#1acac80931b0)

Last edited:
:loveyou: I can just see his/her violin case strapped to their back as they Naruto-ed by!

I'm rather happy it's basically been a day of daftness, people swapping jokes, camping out together and generally shooting the breeze for shits'n'giggles. I saw a nice photo earlier - folks are being 'allowed' to pose in front of the gates in costume - and a couple of the Sheriffs and soldiers were smiling along behind the barrier too. So far, so good. A triumph of good-naturedness over doom-mongery for just one day.

Yes it's silly and inspired by Internet f*ckwittery but what the heck. They got together for something that was good for their souls!

View attachment 20176 (Associated Press via https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisett...m-area-51but-only-150-showed-up/#1acac80931b0)
There's a UFO in the sky above the guy in yellow and black. The aliens are watching...

I don't think that you are following the logic of this.

There are signs on all our power grid substation doors stating, literally, 'DANGER OF DEATH'. And you don't find people trying to enter them as it is obvious why the signs are there.

There are signs around the place (and at other installations) saying, 'Lethal force may be used'. If people were to attack this place regardless of the warnings and all that happened was they were arrested then the signs and what they predict will be worthless. Even worst than worthless as the signal will go out that the US military is crying wolf. They won't do as they say. So let's raid, say, a nuclear power station next.

Any warning is pointless if it is never acted upon.

It would teach a salutory lesson if even one person were to be shot (not necessarily fatally) as they next time someone suggests doing it there will be a marked reluctance to do so.

Maybe the mentality of the people who are doing these stupid things needs examining more closely, or their affiliations.

INT21
I don't think you have been paying attention. People have been shot when they blew through the gates and did not heed orders. It is certainly not a threat that has never been acted upon. There is also the current news story of the two Dutch guys who were arrested. There are other examples, including pilots who violated the airspace restrictions. The security there is tight, the rules are consistent, and there are examples of varying severity of the consequences according to the level of disobedience while on military and government property.

So where is you concern ?

Really you are just reenforcing what I have said.

Or is it some kind of 'death by cop' scenario you are thinking of. And the 'victims' becoming martyrs to some cause ?

If it all ends with no problems then It shows the warnings work. And if it was an attempt to provoke the security, it didn't work as no one was willing to put it to the test.

A win-win situation.

Last edited:
The only cause today has been for the right to arse about.

An important cause! More so than many others.

So many things previously seen as 'arsing about' have been ASBO-ed, or criminalised, so all hail this breakthrough for the bit silly, jokey and hokey.

The world needs a good bit of an arse about at the moment.

Back