• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

Wasn't possible to find another photo in a short time, so instead I'm posting the photo taken by Google right before or right after the "demon" photo".
1564429588146.png

Wasn't possible to find another photo in a short time, so instead I'm posting the photo taken by Google right before or right after the "demon" photo".
View attachment 19247
If you look closely, there's a seam running down that picture, where parts of the scan have been stitched together. The masonry on the left is cleaner, which indicates that it is a scan from an earlier date.

theres a difference in masonry coloration on the prior image also, though not as marked, probably due to lighting conditions under bridge/camera adjustment ?

but in any case, not a compelling image

The eyes are the same size as the rivets/bolts whateveryoucallthem that you can see in front (on the first photo). So I suggest it's a couple of those against a paler background. Maybe the light reflecting back in a way that it doesn't in the second photo (which is from a different angle).

Took a trip to Ithaca on Google View and enhanced the photo. What looks like a spray can is in reality a soda can...

I think it could just be old school paint from a pot. Someone has gone to the trouble of painting the studding and bolts that fix the spreader plates to the concrete abutment (probably to stop corrosion), using a suspiciously similar colour. After a couple of dozen of those fiddly buggers I might be releasing my inner Leonardo too, if only to relieve the monotony.

Or it could be a possible protection symbol, similar to an "evil eye" icon or a voodoo doll.

https://www.singularfortean.com/new...of-ghostly-woman-in-austins-paramount-theatre

Solo pianist Chad Lawson posted a photograph to Facebook on September 16th that appears to show a woman standing in the mezzanine of the Paramount Theatre in Austin, Texas.
Lawson said he snapped a series of three photographs prior to performing a live showing of the Lore podcast, and the woman only appeared in the second.
"So, I wasn’t gonna post this because it freaked me out a good bit and hadn’t noticed until returning to the hotel," Lawson wrote in a caption accompanying the photo. "After soundcheck for our Lore Podcast show, I took 3 quick-tap photos from stage to share. In the photo you can clearly see someone in the mezzanine. Noticing it, I looked at the 1st & 3rd pics and the person is absent. So, i google 'ghosts paramount theatre, Austin' (see 2nd pic). Needless to say....I didn’t sleep too well last night."
Because of the woman’s seemingly supernatural arrival and departure, some are saying that she might be one of the ghosts said to haunt the historic theater.

Pianist+ghost+woman_header.png

So annoying when a site says "You're not allowed to look at this" and I have to VPN into the US to read it.
Highlight of the article :

"They responded saying it could possibly be the venue manager, Shelley, but was unclear," Lawson said. "After showing the pictures to various people including Shelley, no one was able to say 'that’s definitely her.' And while Shelley states she arrived at the venue and stayed downstairs for some time before going to the mezzanine, it is unclear as to when she did so."

And if you zoom in on the third pic, the mysterious figure is visible, moving off to the left, not disappearing.

3Cezq2E.jpg

Isn't this the guy who owned the so-called Skinwalker Ranch for a while?
Yes. With the "our small contribution" text for the post plus the timing, I am wondering if it was meant to be a fun reference to the Storm Area 51 thing, Bigelow Aerospace being nearby.

A photo of a window on the third floor of Hotel Wassilioff in Stavern, Norway. Looks almost like a bloke in a dress. ;)
So the authenticity can be disputed. It's possible to order a ghostly night at the hotel here.

It's from an article in Østlandsposten, with paywall.

Google translated:
- So you've seen her? Yes, it's a little creepy, says receptionist Wenche Bakke.

- Who is she?

- She is probably someone who is left behind, and is referred to as the gray lady. It is said that she was the mother of Tordenskjold.

- And you, of course, do not know why she spends so much time in the window?

"No, we don't know anything about it," Bakke chirps cryptically.

- But we know a lot about it joking here, it has more experienced.

- In what way?

- We experience a bit of everything in the hallways. Suddenly, for example, someone passes by you on the third floor. Suddenly we discover smells that have no natural explanation. And we are several who have seen a tall, slim lady in the restaurant. Our night watch is constantly experiencing things, says Bakke.

1570177854405.png

Last edited:
A photo of a window on the third floor of Hotel Wassilioff in Stavern, Norway. Looks almost like a bloke in a dress. ;)
So the authenticity can be disputed. It's possible to order a ghostly night at the hotel here.

It's from an article on Østlandsposten, with paywall.

Google translated:

View attachment 20403

That looks... flat. Like it's a cardboard cutout or something propped against the window for Halloween.

That looks... flat. Like it's a cardboard cutout or something propped against the window for Halloween.

I was thinking along the same lines, it looks just like an enlarged print either stuck inside or outside the window.

It's definitely a 2D image (e.g., a poster) in the window rather than a 3D entity visible through the window. That much is pretty evident from the lighting and shadowing.

I agree about the resemblance to John Lennon - the same thing struck me at first glance. However, it appears the nose doesn't quite match Lennon's.

The garment appears to be an Eastern Orthodox or Slavic cassock. My first guess is that it might be some sort of poster related to a special event or perhaps the Hotel Wassilioff's history (it was founded by a Russian in the 19th century).

That's all I can offer without additional clues ...

It's definitely a 2D image (e.g., a poster) in the window rather than a 3D entity visible through the window. That much is pretty evident from the lighting and shadowing.

I agree about the resemblance to John Lennon - the same thing struck me at first glance. However, it appears the nose doesn't quite match Lennon's.

The garment appears to be an Eastern Orthodox or Slavic cassock. My first guess is that it might be some sort of poster related to a special event or perhaps the Hotel Wassilioff's history (it was founded by a Russian in the 19th century).

That's all I can offer without additional clues ...
I was thinking of a cardboard cutout of Rasputin, but hasn't found a similar photo yet. On the other hand why use a photo of him and not a woman?

I was thinking of a cardboard cutout of Rasputin, but hasn't found a similar photo yet. On the other hand why use a photo of him and not a woman?

The Rasputin angle occurred to me, too, but ... I can't find any photograph of Rasputin in which his hair extends lower than his beard. There have been a number of actors portraying Rasputin who've exhibited such long hair, but I can't prove these longer hair lengths are "authentic".

Also, Rasputin's hair was fairly straight and not as thick as the image's.

The hair is a lot more like Lennon, but I can't find a photo of Lennon in which his hair is quite so long as the image's.

It's definitely a 2D image (e.g., a poster) in the window rather than a 3D entity visible through the window. That much is pretty evident from the lighting and shadowing...

The figure also completely obscures the internal window recess (LH from our POV), which means it must be in front of it - therefore a flat image on more or less the same plane as the glass, tucked up to the vertical edge of the window.

I too see a male, and my initial thought was some sort of religious garb. Scandinavia is, I believe, home to a few bizarre religious sects; I wondered if the hotel might have been hired for an event, and this might be some sort of promotional material - a fomex pop up, or something like that. (It also reminds me a little of Ian Anderson, of Jethro Tull - even more of the Aqualung tramp.)

Much more frightening to me is the phantom Moomin in the adjacent pane of glass - that'll keep me up all night.

Back