• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fear The Walking Dead Breaks U.S. Cable Record

Liked the "Do not disturb" detail on this week's, and there was a proper cliffhanger for a change, but still too much meandering.

Bit of problem solving on this week's, always good in zombie fiction, like the opposite of that Lemmings game, but the Mexican commune is boooorrrriiiiinnnnggggg.

I still think the show missed an opportunity to show what the outbreak really felt like, it's already passed well into post apocalypse.

I loved the original DOTD with it's feeling of panic and claustrophobia at the beginning as the TV station and then the authorities start to fall apart.

I don't think the remake or the WD ever really nail it the way Romero did.

Best character on the show and they've already run out of things to do with him, so he gets injured. Sure, great.

Bumper double episode to round things off, and a lot more zombie action than last week's approximate three seconds. Nice bit of problem solving, as mentioned always good in zombie fiction, and everyone's morally compromised now apparently, but its self-seriousness would be a lot more effective if it was a more entertaining show.

Back, back, back! For season 3! Two episodes to start with, the game of knifey spoony was a bit eurgh, Colman Domingo is still the best actor in it (maybe it's his voice?), and they tried to spice things up by killing a major character, which came across as pointless. Another WD, another enclave, another refuge, another safe place that never lasts...

Interesting to see an episode of US TV that was almost entirely spoken in Spanish. Politics dimension was not bad either. But a zombie killed by a lightning strike?! I've seen enough Frankenstein movies to know that would just revitalise it.

Reached the half-season finale this week. I read a review that said the theme of the past few episodes is "white folks suck", though I would argue the Native Americans didn't cover themselves in glory either. It's a very sour experience all round. I wonder if I'm still watching because of Kim Dickens and Colman Domingo's rich, chocolatey tones? Seriously, he should do talking books or Satnav.

Walking Dead is my favourite TV show ever. Watched first series of FTWD but not madly into it. Just noticed tonight series 2 is up on Prime, so think we'll make a start on it, even so.

Lower your expectations and you might enjoy Fear..., but it's not as good as TWD at its best, nowhere near.

It's Fear the Walking Dead again, yes how did you guess, 'cause last time, you weren't really impressed... Boring double bill to start off with, I appreciate the day to day logistics of living in a zombie apocalypse have to be addressed, but there's nothing to offset them with, it's dreary and a slog for the characters and the viewers. Still, it might pick up now Victor's back.

After last week's deadly double, this week's was better, in fact that opening five minutes in the sewer was some of the best they've ever done on this show. I prefer the Strand-centred episodes anyway. Must be the rich, chocolately voice.

I But a zombie killed by a lightning strike?! I've seen enough Frankenstein movies to know that would just revitalise it.

:rollingw:

That really did make me laugh! :D

Was that it, then? Not a bad episode to end on, until the last five minutes when the whingeing began again - and that was just me.

Oops, no, there was another episode this week. Back to being boring, though are we supposed to believe eating a bit of brain gives you an incredible high? There's a pointlessness theme running here, the ranch was pointless, getting the water was pointless, and now reuniting Ofelia with her dad was pointless. Maybe the producers are trying to tell us something?

And there you go, another season over and time for us to wonder which character will be in The Walking Dead proper next week. Quite spectacular, I suppose, and more of a pay-off than the essential pointlessness of everyone's actions might have indicated. It's a lot like watching someone build sandcastles and then someone else wanders along and kicks them over. Again and again.

Back, and following Morgan on his wanderings in the wilderness after he had his breakdown. He meets Maggie Grace, which is a result. Other than that, the formula as before, though none of the FtWD regulars appearing until the end (and they're not happy).

Morgan was a very good character until they had him go off the deep end last season on TWD, so with any luck this will pull him back - he's reverted to not killing people, which was what I liked about him in the first place.

Oh, um, seems to have gone on hiatus for the summer. Two major characters dead and little overall effect on giving a toss about any of them. No idea why they have a pet Scientologist in this series as well as the parent show. What's Maggie Grace going to do when she runs out of batteries for her camera?

Back, back, back! Burbled along as usual, though the zombienado was something I hadn't seen before. They obviously liked it, and are having it in the next episode too.

Brave to call an episode "Weak". The new villain is at least interesting, a saboteur is someone you don't need when you're trying to rebuild society.

Well, I thought they were going to kill off everyone, wouldn't put it past them, but obviously people are still watching so we get an optimistic ending instead. On with the parent show - next week!

Finally caught up with the latest season (so far) and the avoidance of the word "zombie" is getting a bit grating. "Skinbag", "eater", "growler" - that last term and the fact they called the pet cat Skidmark suggests a naivety about non-zombie slang terms.

Best episode this season has been the two-hander with Maggie Grace and her almost-girlfriend. I wonder if I'm not just watching to see Australia's own Alycia Debnam-Carey and her massive eyes...they're quite hypnotic.

What kind of name for a cat is Skidmark? Doesn't that have the same double meaning in America? Anyway, another season ends, probably the best so far from a largely mediocre show and the cliffhanger was decent, but PLEASE no more singing.

Hey, come on, the next spin-off is the teen version, so none of that language. I bet they don't say "shit" all the time in it, too.

Fuck The Underage Walking Dead?

Jimmy Savile would have petitioned to be in that.

Back