• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

People Who Feel Wrong

Not that nice, if they employ this shit-bag! :eek:
No, I must admit I wasn't happy. He's one of the sales managers and so he's all about sales and not the work of the charity. Apparently he was acting "reluctantly" to see how I tried to persuade him, but the thing is, when people are reluctant to do something and you change their mind, their demeanour changes. His didn't. I thought he was off to chuck himself in the river.

No, I must admit I wasn't happy. He's one of the sales managers and so he's all about sales and not the work of the charity. Apparently he was acting "reluctantly" to see how I tried to persuade him, but the thing is, when people are reluctant to do something and you change their mind, their demeanour changes. His didn't. I thought he was off to chuck himself in the river.
That's what I don't like about modern charities- the "sales" aspect. Yep I know there's a reason, but this emotional blackmail stuff and the scaremongering ( 1 in 2 will get cancer, 1 in 3 will get dementia, 1in 3 will have heart problems ) you see on TV actually puts me off giving to these charities. (RSPCA are the worst for this so I give to other animal charities).
I volunteered for a well known charity for a couple of years, and had mystery shoppers a couple of times on the phone. They were obnoxious and obvious, so I gave them pretty short shrift. No need whatsoever for that sort of behaviour in a charity and particularly when you ain't being paid! (Sorry NF going off topic.) GOG rant over.

I escaped a couple of years ago and one thing I discovered was that the most nasty, complaining, snide, back-stabbing, two-faced idiots I had to put up with have now decided that as I no longer work beside them, it's okay to be nice now.
"Hi! How are you? Good to see you, are you enjoying your retirement? We really miss you.."
"Fuck off."
Must have been deeply satisfying :)

@escargot absolutely horrified to read about this.

Might be worth taking some advice from a union or employment solicitor or there's a free legal helpline run by women for women, if you Google it.

In any case, if you are not already, write down dates and times of everything.

Could the women refuse to work the night shift?

Don't mean to burden you with advice, especially if it's not any good, but like everyone else on here, really concerned by this.

Great advice, thank you. I'm taking advice and so is my excellent manager. We're assuming he has a mental problem (delusions, voices, visions, whatever) so as long as his mental state continues as it has so far with the simmering resentment and doesn't tip over into actual psychosis we can cope by never being alone with him.

He's always either in the depot or out working in an area we can avoid. If I ever saw him anywhere else on site walking towards me I'd turn and run, no hesitation.

I missed a lot here !
, blinkin heck Scargy, I know you are a hard un, but it is still scary as hell to think you are in danger. It is ok saying he seems in control for now, tho to be honest, to me he does not seem that way, but who the heck is going to be in his way when he loses it.
Transferring him is just pushing this problem onto someone else. I would like to make sure our Scargy, and others, of course, are safe, please let us know how things go, it is not nice that people have to live in fear for the sake of one person

I used to be acquianted with a bloke who worked for a charity who had a holier than thou approach to it. Which really bugged me because he was taking a decent full time wage from helping this charity. Which is fine in itself, but please don't paint yourself to be a warrior for the people when you are taking a chunk of that charities cash.

I used to be acquianted with a bloke who worked for a charity who had a holier than thou approach to it. Which really bugged me because he was taking a decent full time wage from helping this charity. Which is fine in itself, but please don't paint yourself to be a warrior for the people when you are taking a chunk of that charities cash.

100 percent agree spud.

Yup everyone, it's baaaad.

Long story short - a man from another company that uses our depot has delusions that a woman in the Spirit World is obsessed with him and wants him with her at any cost - his own words.

She is obsessively jealous of any woman he talks to and is inclined to physically attack him if she suspects him of consorting with women. This man has spoken aggressively towards me, for example when I put on a light at night and he thought she would see me in the building with him.

Having worked in the mental health field AND for Women's Aid AND having an MA in criminology I am well aware of how dangerous he could be if his delusions grew worse and he became psychotic. He hasn't hit me or directly threatened me, it's all about how dangerous this imaginary girlfriend is. She might instruct him to murder someone to show he loves her, or to get some troublesome woman (say me) out of the way.

My manager knows all about it and Techy meets me out of work after late shifts. It's just got worse as he threatened a male colleague about something else a few days ago and mentioned me.

I love my job and don't want to leave but it's looking like I may have to.
Bloody hell, scargy I hope this gets sorted SOON! xx

I had a recent "people who feel wrong" experience.

I work for a nice charity and it's my job to go out and sign-up new paying members to support the charity's work. Some people take offense at even being asked for their support, but most people are happy to at least chat and the job's often quite enjoyable.

Anyway, recently I was having a great day. Already signed someone up, having great banter, beautiful place. This one bloke is passing by, he seems to want me to notice him, so I pounce on him with my jolliness. He stops to chat but immediately I sense disinterest. He's not open to chat and I can't find a way in to build repport. He's being vague and closed down. I do my spiel and he says he's going to have a coffee in the café and he'll think about it.

OK. I'm not the least surprised and I don't expect to see him come back. He'd told me he used to live in the area and was just visiting, but this is an out of the way place and the café is relatively new. The only other thing to do around here is go for a walk around the reserve, but he's not dressed for that. He sticks out like a sore thumb. This is a place for bird watchers and people with young kids and retired couples. He's just not a fit. And I'm wondering why he seems so reserved, so quiet. Has someone died? Has he had a bad break-up? Does this place hold painful memories for him?

But he does come back. I act all delighted and grateful, and I'm telling him what a good thing he's doing by signing-up. But his mood is worse. He won't engage in eye contact, he's mumbling, looks really unsure, but I press on.

Then as I start to fill in the membership form, he tells me he hasn't got his bank card on him. This is an outright lie. This is a smartly dressed guy, on his own, in an out of the way place that he's driven himself too, and he's just bought himself a cup of coffee. He's got his wallet on him.

So I shut the membership book, I stand tall, and I look at him. I say things to the affect of, you really don't have to do this, you seem really down about it. I am not here to twist your arm. If you're not sure, go home and think about it, and sign-up online if it's what you want to do.

Much to my surprise, and to be honest, annoyance, he still insists that he wants to do it. I get commission from sign-ups and so I should be delighted, but I'm not. Something here is very wrong.

I do sign him up. My last words to him were something like, thank you for doing this, I am sorry if I intruded on a difficult day. As he walks away, I worry he's a suicide risk.

I phone him later to get his bank details, and he doesn't answer. This worries me a lot, but I am not sure what I can do.
Grrrrrrrr

This might make me sound a hard cow, but I personally never bother with trying to find empathy for such people. Doesn't really serve any purpose. The only thing that any of us can do around people like that is try and keep ourselves safe and healthy when we have to deal with them.

No compassion here either. It's not my job to fix broken people. If their problems are too much for themselves to deal with, I won't be able to help.

Same applies to alcoholics, problem gamblers, drug addicts, sex addicts, people in unhappy relationships... Marjorie Proops I am not.

I wanted this thread to be about folk who we meet who we thought weren't human but something using a human shape.

I was once parked in my car (driver's seat) with two friends just at a local coffee shop parking area. I can't remember the exact time, but it was dark. Not many vehicles parked and none right next to my car.

We were just sitting chatting and I think just about to start the car to leave.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw this guy (medium build and height) walk straight towards my car and to within about a foot of my door. I say a foot, because all I know was that he didn't touch the car.

When I turned to look, he got right beside my door. He was looking, but didn't seem to be looking at any one of us but almost through us. His expression was fairly blank from what it looked to me. No change in expression like "oops wrong person/car". He walked straight at my car and close enough that I thought he was going to open my door and in the last moment veered away and left the parking area.

It spooked me and I was glad that there were others in my car. His gaze seemed "dead" to me or not there at all. Lights were out if you know what I mean. He wasn't jittery or any extra odd movements he just walked straight at me.

I couldn't tell his age except maybe teens to late twenties.

Now that I'm writing this and I've read other topics on this site, it almost sounds like a blacked-eyed kid story. But I just felt like his expressionless gaze was soulless. Sonething really felt off, but I was glad I didn't have the opportunity to find out exactly what.

I haven't really run into someone like that before or since.

I had a recent "people who feel wrong" experience.

I work for a nice charity and it's my job to go out and sign-up new paying members to support the charity's work. Some people take offense at even being asked for their support, but most people are happy to at least chat and the job's often quite enjoyable.

Anyway, recently I was having a great day. Already signed someone up, having great banter, beautiful place. This one bloke is passing by, he seems to want me to notice him, so I pounce on him with my jolliness. He stops to chat but immediately I sense disinterest. He's not open to chat and I can't find a way in to build repport. He's being vague and closed down. I do my spiel and he says he's going to have a coffee in the café and he'll think about it.

OK. I'm not the least surprised and I don't expect to see him come back. He'd told me he used to live in the area and was just visiting, but this is an out of the way place and the café is relatively new. The only other thing to do around here is go for a walk around the reserve, but he's not dressed for that. He sticks out like a sore thumb. This is a place for bird watchers and people with young kids and retired couples. He's just not a fit. And I'm wondering why he seems so reserved, so quiet. Has someone died? Has he had a bad break-up? Does this place hold painful memories for him?

But he does come back. I act all delighted and grateful, and I'm telling him what a good thing he's doing by signing-up. But his mood is worse. He won't engage in eye contact, he's mumbling, looks really unsure, but I press on.

Then as I start to fill in the membership form, he tells me he hasn't got his bank card on him. This is an outright lie. This is a smartly dressed guy, on his own, in an out of the way place that he's driven himself too, and he's just bought himself a cup of coffee. He's got his wallet on him.

So I shut the membership book, I stand tall, and I look at him. I say things to the affect of, you really don't have to do this, you seem really down about it. I am not here to twist your arm. If you're not sure, go home and think about it, and sign-up online if it's what you want to do.

Much to my surprise, and to be honest, annoyance, he still insists that he wants to do it. I get commission from sign-ups and so I should be delighted, but I'm not. Something here is very wrong.

I do sign him up. My last words to him were something like, thank you for doing this, I am sorry if I intruded on a difficult day. As he walks away, I worry he's a suicide risk.

I phone him later to get his bank details, and he doesn't answer. This worries me a lot, but I am not sure what I can do.

A week later I'm in a very different location, far away that that place, and who should I see approaching me? It's that bloke. I'm really confused because this is way too much of a coincidence.

Turns out he's senior management in the charity, and the shit bag had been "mystery shopping" me.
Just a quick update on this, if anyone is interested. Mr Shitbag and his boss, Mr Passiveaggressive Manbun, proved themselves to be intolerable. I am now the third person to leave their job since the pair joined a few weeks ago.

I am going to contribute to this thread with a more appropriate story soon, but in much need of some zeds right now....

Just a quick update on this, if anyone is interested. Mr Shitbag and his boss, Mr Passiveaggressive Manbun, proved themselves to be intolerable. I am now the third person to leave their job since the pair joined a few weeks ago.

I am going to contribute to this thread with a more appropriate story soon, but in much need of some zeds right now....

I was so disappointed to read it was a mystery shopper, I had been settling in for a nice bit of coincidental weirdness.

You have to admit though, he pulled out all the stops to see how you'd react and, if anything, they should have showered you with praise.

Good Gawd! Manbun. Urk.

I like to think I'm tolerant of hairstyles, having had long hair in the early 70s and enduring all the moronic crap from soulless old fuckwits with burr haircuts, but manbuns just give me the heebie jeebies. So do "dreadlocks" on white people. They're just nasty, contrived and ridiculous.

Shit. I sound more like Abe Simpson every day. At least I keep my codgerly opinions to myself in public.

I sound more like Abe Simpson every day.
How many teeth do you have left in your mouth?

I actually like manbuns, but not on passive aggressive people. They also don't work well when the man in question is going bald, just like those noodle thin pony tails on balding men. I agree with you that dreadlocks on white people generally look contrived, because, after all, it takes a lot of effort to create them out of straight hair.

I like the idea of using Passiveaggressive Manbun as the name of a character in a 21st century parable.

I was once parked in my car (driver's seat) with two friends just at a local coffee shop parking area. I can't remember the exact time, but it was dark. Not many vehicles parked and none right next to my car.

We were just sitting chatting and I think just about to start the car to leave.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw this guy (medium build and height) walk straight towards my car and to within about a foot of my door. I say a foot, because all I know was that he didn't touch the car.

When I turned to look, he got right beside my door. He was looking, but didn't seem to be looking at any one of us but almost through us. His expression was fairly blank from what it looked to me. No change in expression like "oops wrong person/car". He walked straight at my car and close enough that I thought he was going to open my door and in the last moment veered away and left the parking area.

It spooked me and I was glad that there were others in my car. His gaze seemed "dead" to me or not there at all. Lights were out if you know what I mean. He wasn't jittery or any extra odd movements he just walked straight at me.

I couldn't tell his age except maybe teens to late twenties.

Now that I'm writing this and I've read other topics on this site, it almost sounds like a blacked-eyed kid story. But I just felt like his expressionless gaze was soulless. Sonething really felt off, but I was glad I didn't have the opportunity to find out exactly what.

I haven't really run into someone like that before or since.

If it was dark and in a presumably well-lit parking area, then could it be that your car windows were reflecting the street lights in a way that made them reflective? Sometimes if you get the angle right, looking into glass at night is just like seeing your reflection in a very dark mirror, to the point that it's very difficult to see what's beyond the glass. A young man in his twenties could have been vain enough to stop and check how he looked in your car window, maybe not noticing the vehicle was occupied.

A young man in his twenties could have been vain enough to stop and check how he looked in your car window, maybe not noticing the vehicle was occupied.

That's a good point. Last week I was out in town and my eye was sore. It felt like something was stuck in it so I found a Transit van mirror to look into and examine it. There might've been someone sitting in it but I wasn't bothered.

Most of my experience with faux dreds and manbuns comes from living in the mountains, and the Colorado mountains specifically, so I am of course biased. Fake dreds are often found on top of what are usually referred to as "trustafarians", generally the troublesome offspring of wealthy families who happily supply them with several thousand dollars a month just to stay the hell away. Many of them have taken up residence in the family's "ski condo" or "ski cabin" (four bedrooms, five bathrooms, hot tub and pool table in the basement, four car garage, etc.) so they don't even have to pay rent out of their reverse ransom. As one might imagine, they can be endlessly obnoxious people.

Another sort of person around here who might have fake dreds is just the ordinary dirtbag. The trustafarians usually have decent hygiene, but these louts reek and their hair looks like some kind of nasty parasite. Yuck.

Man buns are worn by unctuous vegans with several food allergies, real or imagined, often pushing a stroller carrying an unfortunate child with a silly name and screwball parents. I feel for these children and hope they can overcome their hanicaps. Sometimes Dad wears a skirt. Mom has a good job and wears trousers. I am not making this up. In other places, manbuns are favored by hipsters for whom the beard does not work for one reason or another, but that seems to have been a bit of a fad. I think they decided they didn't want people wondering if they had a few skirts in their closets.

Not so much a person being wrong but the intent to do wrong. Silly but interesting how you feel stuff.

I need to move a lot of my belongings and was filling my car with boxes of mainly Christmas decorations. It's a reasonably quiet street. I had to put the seats down so was leaning in into the boot to push them into place. I felt uncomfortable and turned around just at the point some chancer was at the side of the car in the road and I caught his look into the car to see if there was anything worth half inching. Obviously caught out cos his eyes shifted away, he did a "you alright love". And went on his merry way whistling a tune. If he had taken anything he would have been really disappointed with the 10 year old tinsel and baubles that have seen better days, in fact the boxes are worth more than the stuff.

Most of my experience with faux dreds and manbuns comes from living in the mountains, and the Colorado mountains specifically, so I am of course biased. Fake dreds are often found on top of what are usually referred to as "trustafarians", generally the troublesome offspring of wealthy families who happily supply them with several thousand dollars a month just to stay the hell away. Many of them have taken up residence in the family's "ski condo" or "ski cabin" (four bedrooms, five bathrooms, hot tub and pool table in the basement, four car garage, etc.) so they don't even have to pay rent out of their reverse ransom. As one might imagine, they can be endlessly obnoxious people.

Another sort of person around here who might have fake dreds is just the ordinary dirtbag. The trustafarians usually have decent hygiene, but these louts reek and their hair looks like some kind of nasty parasite. Yuck.

Man buns are worn by unctuous vegans with several food allergies, real or imagined, often pushing a stroller carrying an unfortunate child with a silly name and screwball parents. I feel for these children and hope they can overcome their hanicaps. Sometimes Dad wears a skirt. Mom has a good job and wears trousers. I am not making this up. In other places, manbuns are favored by hipsters for whom the beard does not work for one reason or another, but that seems to have been a bit of a fad. I think they decided they didn't want people wondering if they had a few skirts in their closets.

Heaven forefend that a man wears a skirt and... gasp! A woman has a good job. AND wears trousers?! Did no one tell her it's 2019 and she still can't have it all?

You've pretty much described what both types are like here in Birmingham too!

Manbun in this case was also a Beardy Bro.

Heaven forefend that a man wears a skirt and... gasp! A woman has a good job. AND wears trousers?! Did no one tell her it's 2019 and she still can't have it all?
I was going to say something along the lines of me not wanting to criticise men for wanting to look a bit different, because their general choices are so boring, but there is something collectively wrong with middle class ManBun men.

Back